Nominations - Awards 2022

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

1. Funniest Forum Member - There are a few but probably @White six He has a bent SOH that seems to click with mine :haha:

2. Best Signature Line - @Star for her "I am woman" line. I have to say I really dont look at the sigs(no recall anyway). Maybe I should

3. Best Avatar - @John. A picture I have always liked long before John arrived at TFL

4. Most Respected Member - @erwin greven for his forum wide quality contributions and information, video stream links etc

5. Rookie Of The Year - Well a number of those I thought were rookies when I checked are into 2 years, but of the most notable in the under 1 year stakes..... Starling came and went, @Aty is borderline (just over) a year, has been a good contributor in F1 and whose opinions I dont always share, (no foul there) and @Julif has been a solid contributor in the crash topics....
but @Down Force gets my vote.... and we seem to agree on most things.

6. Most Missed Member - @Seppi. Been a long time, I have lost touch but I miss his great and learned contributions. I hope he is well. Hi Rob (We worked out from photos taken we camped and stood (unknowingly at the time) in the same areas with our camera bags at venues like Brands as teens back in the early seventies. We even learned (here) we used to own the same make Camera and used the same tricks to get into restricted areas (over the bridge on the inside of Druids) Miss you Rob. :mates:

7. Forum Treasure - @Star Super friendly non controversial well informed all round good person.

8. Best Thread - Too many I enjoy so to break out any one, from GP discussions to Nostaligia, so Im going to go with the @Goody's 300 thread for the hell of it and because it is unique.

9. Special Award - Has to be @PTRACER, without whom we wouldnt have our little community. (But you are all special in your own way. :haha: )
Last edited by Everso Biggyballies 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Thanks @Everso Biggyballies for your nominations, and for the one for me :happy:

Keep them coming folks I am finding this really interesting :cool:
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
julif
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1, Nascar, INDYCAR, Le Mans, Rally
Favourite Driver: Helio
Favourite Circuit: Indianapolis

Post by julif »

Thanks for mentioning me!
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Microsprinter18 »

1. Funniest Forum Member - @jimclark

2. Best Signature Line - @Star

3. Best Avatar - @John "not that wheel Jesus, the steering wheel!!"

4. Most Respected Member - as a fellow guitarist, @erwin greven

5. Rookie Of The Year - @julif, dude is legit.

6. Most Missed Member - also @jimclark, looks like he went MIA a few months ago.

7. Forum Treasure - @DaleJuniorFan

8. Best Thread - 1990 Goody's 300

9. Special Award - @acerogers58 for playing a huuuuge part in the growth of my personal projects.

(not to mention @PTRacer for everything he's done to keep this joint going, we love ya dude!)
Last edited by Microsprinter18 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
yes, I am the NASCAR flip list guy...
Star
Special Member
Special Member

Post by Star »

Thanks so much @Microsprinter18 for the nominations and the one for me, you're too kind :happy:

Star
Special Member
Special Member

Post by Star »

julif wrote: 1 year ago Thanks for mentioning me!
Feel free to put in your own set of nominations, even if you don't want to nominate in every award, you'd be more than welcome to do so :cool:

DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

1. Funniest Forum Member - @johnsonjack74 . His General Abuse Of Capitalization And Naivete Relentlessness Never Ceases To Amaze Me.

2. Best Signature Line - @erwin greven

3. Best Avatar - @MonteCristo . I have a general fondness for 90's CART, so it was a no-brainer.
@Michael Ferner. It's a smiley, after all; it'll make you smile by default.

4. Most Respected Member - @Everso Biggyballies

5. Rookie Of The Year - @julif

6. Most Missed Member - @aerogi

7. Forum Treasure - @PTRACER

8. Best Thread - @johnsonjack74's never-ending quest for 1990 Goody's 300 pics (but only the ones by Ron Barry Jr.)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15313

9. Special Award - @acerogers58 for his contributions to the Stock Car Crashes thread.
Star
Special Member
Special Member

Post by Star »

Thanks for your nominations @DaleJuniorFan, very much appreciated :cool:

White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago 1. Funniest Forum Member - There are a few but probably @White six He has a bent SOH that seems to click with mine :haha:

2. Best Signature Line - @Star for her "I am woman" line. I have to say I really dont look at the sigs(no recall anyway). Maybe I should

3. Best Avatar - @John. A picture I have always liked long before John arrived at TFL

4. Most Respected Member - @erwin greven for his forum wide quality contributions and information, video stream links etc

5. Rookie Of The Year - Well a number of those I thought were rookies when I checked are into 2 years, but of the most notable in the under 1 year stakes..... Starling came and went, @Aty is borderline (just over) a year, has been a good contributor in F1 and whose opinions I dont always share, (no foul there) and @Julif has been a solid contributor in the crash topics....
but @Down Force gets my vote.... and we seem to agree on most things.

6. Most Missed Member - @Seppi. Been a long time, I have lost touch but I miss his great and learned contributions. I hope he is well. Hi Rob (We worked out from photos taken we camped and stood (unknowingly at the time) in the same areas with our camera bags at venues like Brands as teens back in the early seventies. We even learned (here) we used to own the same make Camera and used the same tricks to get into restricted areas (over the bridge on the inside of Druids) Miss you Rob. :mates:

7. Forum Treasure - @Star Super friendly non controversial well informed all round good person.

8. Best Thread - Too many I enjoy so to break out any one, from GP discussions to Nostaligia, so Im going to go with the @Goody's 300 thread for the hell of it and because it is unique.

9. Special Award - Has to be @PTRACER, without whom we wouldnt have our little community. (But you are all special in your own way. :haha: )
https://youtu.be/Pfcy15ZUE2c
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Cheers big balls, now I have to be like some performing monkey with every post :haha:

Thanks again. :annoyed:
Star
Special Member
Special Member

Post by Star »

White six wrote: 1 year ago Cheers big balls, now I have to be like some performing monkey with every post :haha:

You could nominate too @White six, get him back by nominating big balls, just saying :wink:

acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

1. Funniest Forum Member - @MonteCristo

2. Best Signature Line - @erwin greven

3. Best Avatar - @DaleJuniorFan

4. Most Respected Member - @Microsprinter18

5. Rookie Of The Year - @Lor Bet - joined less then 2 years ago so I guess that counts

6. Most Missed Member - @Jesper Hvid

7. Forum Treasure - @PTRACER

8. Best Thread - ɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀ sᴉ ʇɐɥʇ ɯnlʎsɐ lɐʇuǝɯ ǝɥʇ oʇ pǝʇɐɔᴉpǝp pɐǝɹɥʇ ǝuo ǝɥ┴

9. Special Award - @Seibara for not only his posts on here but his awesome blog covering all sorts of quirky things in motorsport history
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Star wrote: 1 year ago
White six wrote: 1 year ago Cheers big balls, now I have to be like some performing monkey with every post :haha:

You could nominate too @White six, get him back by nominating big balls, just saying :wink:
How about the 'get a life (but I suppose it prevents you from being the next Bradley murdoch so we're kinda grateful) award'
Star
Special Member
Special Member

Post by Star »

Thanks @acerogers58 for your nominations, much appreciated :cool:

Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Microsprinter18 »

acerogers58 wrote: 1 year ago 4. Most Respected Member - @Microsprinter18
I know this guy! Thanks dude
yes, I am the NASCAR flip list guy...
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

1. Funniest Forum Member - @johnsonjack74. A true legend.

2. Best Signature Line - @Everso Biggyballies

3. Best Avatar - @John

4. Most Respected Member - @PTRACER for keeping this place going for all these years.

5. Rookie Of The Year - @julif

6. Most Missed Member - No one's mentioned @strad yet, so I'm going to nominate him for his classic racing vids from back in the day and general racing knowledge.

7. Forum Treasure - @Everso Biggyballies again, for surely being the biggest contributor to the forum.

8. Best Thread - 1990 Goody's 300.

9. Special Award - I'm going to nominate @Cheeveer for the achievement of being involved with an Indycar podcast in 2021 and getting to interview several legends of motorsport including Mario Andretti.