F1 2023 stuff not worthy of it's own thread

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Aty wrote: 4 months ago No surprises then. I am not on any social platforms, and in FiA news this was not posted there.
The surprise is that Scuderia AlphaTauri as a name remains, albeit with the addition of the letters RB..... and not the much suggested name change to "Racing Bulls"

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 4 months ago
Aty wrote: 4 months ago No surprises then. I am not on any social platforms, and in FiA news this was not posted there.
The surprise is that Scuderia AlphaTauri as a name remains, albeit with the addition of the letters RB..... and not the much suggested name change to "Racing Bulls"

RN365 posted:
Why AlphaTauri is on the FIA entry list with its 'old' name
https://racingnews365.com/why-alphataur ... e-old-name

Sounds like the team-name is work in progress.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Aty wrote: 4 months ago Y 2008 in retrospect.

Jean Todt:
“Maybe we (the FIA) could have been tougher when the story came out. There is no doubt that the Singapore Grand Prix was rigged and should have been cancelled,” the Frenchman maintained.
Regardless of polemics, and despite my feelings of sorry for Massa, this is a "can of worms" that cannot be open if we want to preserve our collective sanity.
Its worth reminding ourselves the reason why Todt might not be a credible spokesman / influencer on this matter of Massa and his fight to make himself the 2008 WDC, (not denying JT the right to an opinion, but..... )
Lets not forget that Massa at the time and in his driving days was managed by JT's son Nicholas Todt.

Just sayin..... :suspicious: :whistling:

Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Aty wrote: 4 months ago Y 2008 in retrospect.

Jean Todt:
“Maybe we (the FIA) could have been tougher when the story came out. There is no doubt that the Singapore Grand Prix was rigged and should have been cancelled,” the Frenchman maintained.
Regardless of polemics, and despite my feelings of sorry for Massa, this is a "can of worms" that cannot be open if we want to preserve our collective sanity.
Its worth reminding ourselves the reason why Todt might not be a credible spokesman / influencer on this matter of Massa and his fight to make himself the 2008 WDC, (not denying JT the right to an opinion, but..... )
Lets not forget that Massa at the time and in his driving days was managed by JT's son Nicholas Todt.

Just sayin..... :suspicious: :whistling:
Yeah, I do agree with you. There is conflict of interest. Moreover, this former and current presidents seems to be at each other throats. All in public view. (In re: money left in FiA's coffers. )
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Alpine for sale?
Alpine Formula 1 team have successfully finalised a €200m deal with US investors Otro Capital, securing a significant 24% ownership stake in the team.
GPFans

Whole F1 is turning into one speculative banking honeypot.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Aty wrote: 4 months ago Alpine for sale?
Alpine Formula 1 team have successfully finalised a €200m deal with US investors Otro Capital, securing a significant 24% ownership stake in the team.
GPFans

This is just the finalisation of the share sale that was publicised months ago. Nothing new here and nothing to suggest of any likleyhood to sell.
Firstly the value of the 200 million Euro for 24% of the shares now officially and credibly values the team at c.900 million Euros, far more than it was worth before team values rocketed.

The nature of the Otro partners in the transaction shows a clever strategy, and one that has already been made value of to Alpine....Otro’s partners in the deal are RedBird Capital Partners and Maximum Effort Investments, the latter led by Hollywood star Ryan Reynolds.

Reynolds also brought fellow actor Rob McElhenney to the project in the wake of their successful involvement in Wrexham football club.

In October, Otro announced that a group of sporting legends were also behind the investment, including golfer Rory McIlroy, boxer Anthony Joshua, footballers Trent Alexander-Arnold and Juan Mata, and NFL legends Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce.

Several of them have already made appearances at GP's as guests of the team. The 'celebrity' involvement is hugely attractive to potential partners / sponsors etc, many of whom are already associated with these sporting celebrities. No doubt those same celebrities are seen as influencers in potential sales of Alpine Cars in global markets. Aspirational sales, a modern marketing tool.

In a nutshell it is an expansionary and validating type of transaction, not a bail out strategy.

Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

GPFans

This is just the finalisation of the share sale that was publicised months ago. Nothing new here and nothing to suggest of any likleyhood to sell.
Firstly the value of the 200 million Euro for 24% of the shares now officially and credibly values the team at c.900 million Euros, far more than it was worth before team values rocketed.

The nature of the Otro partners in the transaction shows a clever strategy, and one that has already been made value of to Alpine....Otro’s partners in the deal are RedBird Capital Partners and Maximum Effort Investments, the latter led by Hollywood star Ryan Reynolds.

Reynolds also brought fellow actor Rob McElhenney to the project in the wake of their successful involvement in Wrexham football club.

In October, Otro announced that a group of sporting legends were also behind the investment, including golfer Rory McIlroy, boxer Anthony Joshua, footballers Trent Alexander-Arnold and Juan Mata, and NFL legends Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce.

Several of them have already made appearances at GP's as guests of the team. The 'celebrity' involvement is hugely attractive to potential partners / sponsors etc, many of whom are already associated with these sporting celebrities. No doubt those same celebrities are seen as influencers in potential sales of Alpine Cars in global markets. Aspirational sales, a modern marketing tool.

In a nutshell it is an expansionary and validating type of transaction, not a bail out strategy.
Are they a silent partner of they can exerts some limited influence how the team is managed?
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Aty wrote: 4 months ago
GPFans

Are they a silent partner of they can exerts some limited influence how the team is managed?
The head of Otro got a seat on the board of the race team but in effect he has a minority shareholding and at the end of the day can say things and make proposals in board meetings but has no real clout unless the rest of the board support, agree ,and make his view a majority. Given the rest of the board are likely all diehard Alpine and Renault seniors he is a bit of a shag on a rock.

Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Seb is not forgotten...
Aston Martin's performance director, Tom McCullough has cited the team's former driver Sebastian Vettel as a key factor in its 2023 turnaround.
https://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view ... urnaround/

I really, really would like to see him with Audi. Have I forget to say really?
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Money, money, money...
Forbes says the most valuable teams on the grid are Ferrari and Mercedes – each worth almost $4 billion.
https://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view ... 1_reports/

Has anyone actually put such cash on the table?
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

McLaren Group is now owned in its entirety by The Bahrain Financial Group. I guess McLaren management stays (for as long as they perform profitably). Is anyone alarmed by this trend having banks taking increasingly over the sport?
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

What's going on outside of the roofs? Is there some 19th century style colonial take-over of the F1 I've missed?

Fans and media almost daily promoting DR back into A-team despite that guy really has not proved he belongs there. But he has best smile in the paddock argued one, and that's enough. Moreover, DR said he can win again. What else Horner needs to fire Perez (or Max)? Well, it depends whom you are asking.

Wolff is bombarded with questions whether he should retire. I gather it pains them to see Hamilton is not on the podium, and Toto should take responsibility.

Yuki wasn't saved either with suggestions, that he stole a seat belonging to NZ' driver (critique of Honda for "saving" Yuki).

Monza doesn't deserve to be on the calendar. Roads to get there are not to taste of one English writer. I can assuree him, they are talking with Stefano as of this writing.

Sauber team really is waste of F1 team licence. Why are they in the F1? They have no purpose in the F1. (Brundle) Maybe that's his solution to get Andretti in.

––––––––––––––––––

Some people make coexistence on this planet really difficult. I have Christmas list on my own as well. It's modest vision of a new series by Automakers with GP returning back on the European continent; precisely as late Jürgen Hubbert (CEO) of MB suggested.
(One can dream.)
Last edited by Aty 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

Aty wrote: 4 months ago McLaren Group is now owned in its entirety by The Bahrain Financial Group. I guess McLaren management stays (for as long as they perform profitably). Is anyone alarmed by this trend having banks taking increasingly over the sport?
Yes, very much so! Banks shouldn't invest in highly speculative ventures, they haven't learned anything from the past! It's not enough to regulate them hard, you have to monitor them more closely, and governments all over the world are still lacking real conviction to do that. It's a shame, but the next crash is just around the corner, mark my words... :annoyed:
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

My Canada, beautiful, exotic and also slightly out of this world when it comes to buying and maintaining electrical cars.

Car Model: IONIQ 5
Pleasant (and duzy one) surprise: CAD 60,000 cost for replacing car battery.

All what I can say to those nice people in the video - Big Thanks for the warning.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

The car costs $55-60k to buy, and comes with a 7 year warranty on the battery.

That's a load of bollocks, as always.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

DoubleFart wrote: 4 months ago The car costs $55-60k to buy, and comes with a 7 year warranty on the battery.

That's a load of bollocks, as always.
Hyundai NA responded to this Canadian case.... confirming the list cost of the replacement battery pack for an Ioniq 5 as only CAN $43000 (US $32000) and it would normally be covered under Hyundais' 7 year warranty.
However the replacement of the battery pack in the case quoted was accident damage related (The car ran something over on the road and the battery pack was damaged.)... thus it seems not covered under the new car warranty, hence the item being chargeable..