The weird and wonderful world of Lewis Hamilton

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

PT wore it better.

Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
XcraigX
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

Is that a crochet gas mask? W T F...
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

John wrote: 1 year ago Image
:haha: That actually made me laugh out loud! What a poor sod.
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

Alonso is in all kinds of trouble with LH's crowd. He was angry for a reason. We all are occassionally. Hamilton meanwhile admitted to a mistake. Other than DNF, he avoided any additional penalty for his driving error. Things do happen in a race, so why not just move on? Like last year, this incident grows on the internet every time one logs in. It's worse than some religious cults.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

CultLH - It's racism that Lewis had to walk back. The Marshall's deliberately left him by the side of the track as well, because they don't care about his safety.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Mawerick
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Racing Car: AAR Eagle T1G
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps

Post by Mawerick »

"It’s a Mickey Mouse circuit. To have a race at a track like this is an insult to Grand Prix racing."
-Graham Hill commenting the Le Mans Bugatti track

- 2021 Guess The Pole champion! -
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Mawerick wrote: 1 year ago Image
That answers my question as to whether the last SC?VSC was shown for debris on the track...... Lewis's toys all hurled from his pram. :wink: :suspicious: :whistling:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

I wonder what Lewis will be wearing today in tribute to the Queen.
Im sure it will be appropriate. :suspicious: :dunno:

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The UK have tried to palm Lewis off..... no not really but he is now a Brazilian Citizen

Hamilton receives honorary Brazilian citizenship

Lewis Hamilton has been made an honorary citizen of Brazil.
Sir Lulu was present at Brazil’s Congress chamber in Brasilia on Monday to receive the citizenship.

He has long held a love for the South American country, with his racing hero Ayrton Senna hailing from Sao Paulo.

Hamilton won his maiden F1 title in Brazil in 2007, and also won the 2016, 2018 and 2021 races at Interlagos.

Last year, following his recovery from the back of the field to the win across the Sprint and Sunday’s grand prix, he hoisted the Brazilian flag on the podium. :sick:

After that Congressman Andre Figueiredo proposed that Hamilton should receive Brazilian citizenship. Of course they put him on a pedestal with Senna.... Some politician said Hamilton was a “hero for all Brazilians”.

Also “Brazilian role models like Senna and Hamilton make us sure that every Brazilian can overcome challenges and win the races in life. :nuts:

Of course his acceptance was pure Lewis awfulness....
“It is honestly the greatest honour for me to be here receiving and accepting the citizenship,” said Hamilton.

“I really do feel like now I’m one of you, finally.

“When I arrived here in 2007, the love that’s grown through the experiences we’ve had, and particularly 2021, knowing you guys would cheer me on the way was one of the most special moments of my entire life.”
:sick:

DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

What a load of bollocks. How many holidays has he taken there?
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

@DownForce I hope you dont mind but I copied your post into this specific Lewis Hamilton thread so more people will likely notice it and see what a dickhead he is at times. I hope the Japanese authorities throw the book at him as they did when he did similar in Melbourne as detailed later in my response
DownForce wrote: 1 year ago Don't do this in Japan LEWIS !!!

Lewis Hamilton mocked for sharing ‘evidence’ as he faces legal action
Lewis Hamilton posted a video on Instagram which shows him having fun on the streets of Japan.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... al_action/
Hmmm I cant get the link to work..... but I did find the Instagram video he shared online:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClULWdXv ... b37bd0e423

Sadly Top Gear have written an article idolising and condoning his actions.... I decided not to quote the article concerned as I dont agree with or condone their stance and comments. The article is linked below.
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/formul ... line-japan

Its not his first offence of this nature.... he got booked doing similar in a company Mercedes C63 AMG back in Melbourne after an Aus GP a few years ago.. He left the circuit doing burnouts and fishtailing up the roadas he left the circuit.

That time he was charged by Police and had.the car confiscated under our "Anti-hooning laws" (Hooning is an Aussie saying for wrecklessness ie donuts etc on public roads) usually in a car, motorbike etc.
https://www.drive.com.au/news/lewis-ham ... melbourne/

He was fined several hundred dollars for that, and made the following statement to the court. He also had to pay the same again in impound costs and storage.
"I very much regret my momentary lapse of judgement. I accepted responsibility to the officer who first questioned me and I confirmed that what I did was wrong. I apologised publicly at the time and I unhesitatingly repeat that apology to the Court now.
"I fully accept that I am a public figure and I consider that I have a duty to act as a role model to youngsters, particularly in relation to road safety matters. The publicity caused by this incident was immense, and that in itself has been a form of punishment for me."
Practice what you preach Lewis. You appear to have learnt nothing.

The one good thing that came out of it all was that on release from the pound the car was auctioned off by Mercedes and the proceeds went to charity. No doubt Mercedes trying to offset the adverse publicity they suffered over the incident.

But there is more.... Hamilton was famously caught speeding at 200km/h in France a few years ago which also resulted in his car being impounded by police.

DownForce
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: JapanGT, F1
Favourite Racing Car: PorscheGT3 Cup / RSR
Favourite Driver: Takuma Sato
Favourite Circuit: Suzuka, Monaco, Fuji
Car(s) Currently Owned: Porsche GT3, AMGC63, AudiRS4,GT3cup

Post by DownForce »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago @DownForce I hope you dont mind but I copied your post into this specific Lewis Hamilton thread so more people will likely notice it and see what a dickhead he is at times. I hope the Japanese authorities throw the book at him as they did when he did similar in Melbourne as detailed later in my response
DownForce wrote: 1 year ago Don't do this in Japan LEWIS !!!

Lewis Hamilton mocked for sharing ‘evidence’ as he faces legal action
Lewis Hamilton posted a video on Instagram which shows him having fun on the streets of Japan.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... al_action/
Hmmm I cant get the link to work..... but I did find the Instagram video he shared online:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClULWdXv ... b37bd0e423

Sadly Top Gear have written an article idolising and condoning his actions.... I decided not to quote the article concerned as I dont agree with or condone their stance and comments. The article is linked below.
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/formul ... line-japan

Its not his first offence of this nature.... he got booked doing similar in a company Mercedes C63 AMG back in Melbourne after an Aus GP a few years ago.. He left the circuit doing burnouts and fishtailing up the roadas he left the circuit.

That time he was charged by Police and had.the car confiscated under our "Anti-hooning laws" (Hooning is an Aussie saying for wrecklessness ie donuts etc on public roads) usually in a car, motorbike etc.
https://www.drive.com.au/news/lewis-ham ... melbourne/

He was fined several hundred dollars for that, and made the following statement to the court. He also had to pay the same again in impound costs and storage.
"I very much regret my momentary lapse of judgement. I accepted responsibility to the officer who first questioned me and I confirmed that what I did was wrong. I apologised publicly at the time and I unhesitatingly repeat that apology to the Court now.
"I fully accept that I am a public figure and I consider that I have a duty to act as a role model to youngsters, particularly in relation to road safety matters. The publicity caused by this incident was immense, and that in itself has been a form of punishment for me."
Practice what you preach Lewis. You appear to have learnt nothing.

The one good thing that came out of it all was that on release from the pound the car was auctioned off by Mercedes and the proceeds went to charity. No doubt Mercedes trying to offset the adverse publicity they suffered over the incident.

But there is more.... Hamilton was famously caught speeding at 200km/h in France a few years ago which also resulted in his car being impounded by police.
Thanks my friend.
Yeah, Lewis isn't the most popular F1 driver here these days. "He thinks he is above the Law" is what they say around... :annoyed:

I heard and remember this incident;

" he got booked doing similar in a company Mercedes C63 AMG back in Melbourne after an Aus GP a few years ago.. He left the circuit doing burnouts and fishtailing up the roadas he left the circuit."
║═╣║║║╠╗╔╣║║╚╬╗╔╣║╔╝
║╔╣╦║║║║║║╦╠╗║║║║║╚╗
╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝

The Fastlane Awards 2022 -- ROOKIE of the YEAR
DownForce
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: JapanGT, F1
Favourite Racing Car: PorscheGT3 Cup / RSR
Favourite Driver: Takuma Sato
Favourite Circuit: Suzuka, Monaco, Fuji
Car(s) Currently Owned: Porsche GT3, AMGC63, AudiRS4,GT3cup

Post by DownForce »

Michael Ferner wrote: 1 year ago
John wrote: 1 year ago Image
:haha: That actually made me laugh out loud! What a poor sod.
I saw that Clown before, I just forgot where :rofl:
║═╣║║║╠╗╔╣║║╚╬╗╔╣║╔╝
║╔╣╦║║║║║║╦╠╗║║║║║╚╗
╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝

The Fastlane Awards 2022 -- ROOKIE of the YEAR
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Lewis splits from his bag lady(/ Performance coach)

The bag carrying lady who runs around the paddock chasing after the scooter riding Lewis is, or was, his physiotherapist and performance coach, New Zealander Angela Cullen. They have split after a 7 year working association. Lewis Hamilton has confirmed he will no longer be working with Angela.

They have been virtually inseparable over the years, with Cullen often assisting Hamilton in many areas, not just in terms of his physical fitness and wellbeing, but also in being his umbrella and water-bottle carrier, chauffeuring him around on occasion, and confidante.

In messages posted by Hamilton and Cullen on their Instagram accounts, the split appears to be an amicable one.
Hamilton wrote “For the last seven years @cullen_angela has been by my side, pushing me to be the best version of myself. I am a stronger athlete and a better person because of her.

“So today I hope you’ll join me in wishing her the very best as she takes her next steps to pursue her dreams. Thank you for everything Ang, I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for you.”

In her own message, Cullen wrote: “Exactly 7 yrs ago on this day I was standing in the F1 paddock for the first time at the Australian GP. Today I’m excited to share I’m off on my next adventure.
“I am so grateful and blessed to have had this incredible journey in F1 and I know my story will continue.

“Thanks to the MB (Mercedes-Benz) team, who have been my family for the past 7 years.

“And @lewishamilton you GOAT !! It’s been such an honour and pleasure to stand alongside you. I’m so proud of you and everything you have achieved..
:tearful: :sick: :sick:
Plenty more mutual admiration and ego massaging here https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/03/17/le ... la-cullen/

So who will be carrying Lewis' bags this weekend? Will he be doing it himself. He will need a bigger scooter.

White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Michael Ferner wrote: 1 year ago Image

Yeah, but don't forget you need a massage 'qualification' ☺️

After last year's depression it seems the toys are heading out of the pram in all directions this year
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless