[MotoGP/WSBK/AMA] 2012 Season - MotoGP entry list revealed

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Imo stoner has a weak personalty balance. He s a simple guy and can t hold pressure of motogp world
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

You see, this is why I lost interest in Stoner...
Valentino Rossi thinks Casey Stoner's criticism that MotoGP should focus only on being a prototype championship is unrealistic - because the economic situation in the world makes that no longer a realistic proposition.

After announcing his retirement at the end of this season, Stoner told the media at Le Mans on Thursday that he believed MotoGP was going 'backwards' in considering more production-based regulations.

However, although conceding that the field was no longer as competitive at the front as it once was, Rossi said that modern realities meant MotoGP could not simply chase rules without consideration for costs.

When asked about Stoner's feelings, Rossi said: "I agree in the sense that that's his opinion, but unfortunately you need to keep up with the times.

"It would be nicer for everyone to race with 25 prototype bikes in the field, but nobody has the money anymore.

"For me, riding the bike is still very enjoyable, like coming here and working with my team in order to do as well as possible. Lately the races are a bit less enjoyable compared to a few years ago, but I don't think it's down to the riders: I think it's more of a technical matter."

Stoner said in a frank explanation of his feelings that he had lost his passion for MotoGP because of the direction that the series was taking.

"It is not starting again from the beginning, it is going backwards," said Stoner, referring to the arrival of the production-based CRTs.

"For me it is not the championship I fell in love in. It is not the championship I always wanted to race in and, except for my competitors around me, they are the only ones who give respect for each other.

"Nobody else has enough respect for the people that do their jobs, working at the teams, working in the trucks, and putting this show on every week. It is not easy."
Stoner was great to watch in 250s and in 2006 on that Honda, then he became overly opinionated about everything.
ReneLotus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ReneLotus »

Prima donna is the word you're looking for.
I am sad to see Stoner go for he is a supremely talented rider, but other than that, he leaves me cold.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

ReneLotus wrote:Prima donna is the word you're looking for.
I am sad to see Stoner go for he is a supremely talented rider, but other than that, he leaves me cold.
:agreepost:
He also has a particularly whiney whingey voice which makes him sound like he is moaning even if he was not. In my memory the most uncharismatic Moto GP champion I can think of.
*Note to PT & Kals, and all the above in less than two lines (although I could have added more thoughts! :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

Right said, i've never heard existebce of stoner's supporters
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Whats the deal with the MotoGP rule I keep hearing about that rookies can't join factory teams?

I thought in 2000 Rossi had what was basically the factory bike, plus Lorenzo was factory Yamaha in 2008... this rule sounds like bollocks to me?
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

It came into force around 2009 or 2010 and was based around two ideas:

1) Help the privateer teams, who would get good amounts of funding from works team to school their rider
2) Stop rookies riders from being under too much pressure to perform at such a high level in a short space of time, which would ultimately lead to pushing too hard, crashing and causing yourself injury. It came into effect through Lorenzo's rookie season because of the amount of injury he caused himself.
Metzo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: touring cars
Favourite Circuit: AVUS, Salzburgring

Post by Metzo »

Termas de Rio Hondo getting ready to host MotoGP in 2013

Following an agreement signed last year, construction work is underway at the Termas de Rio Hondo track, which will be the newest addition to the MotoGP™ calendar in 2013, playing host to the Gran Premio de la República Argentina.

Dorna Sports' CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta declared: "We haven't been in Argentina since 1999 and not in South America since 2004 - we couldn't go there as there wasn't any homologated circuit and that's why the Santiago de Estero government got in touch with us to study the possibility to have a modern circuit there and for MotoGP™ to come back to Argentina. The feedback we had so far on the work done at the track has been very positive and everything should be ready so we can hold a race there at the beginning of the 2013 season."

Dr Carlos Enrique Meyer, the Minister of Tourism for Argentina added: "We're pleased to be here today in Assen to present the Gran Premio de la República Argentina. It will be a very important event for Argentina and all of South America, due to its central location. We have an agreement for three seasons starting from 2013 and we're preparing some first grade facilities to ensure the Termas de Rio Hondo track matches the standards of international racing. We've been learning by looking at other MotoGP™ venues and I think we'll deliver a great experience, for fans, spectators and riders alike, while building a gateway to a very attractive part of Argentina."

meh
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

There was an incident during practice for Moto2 or Moto3 today, where a mechanic didn't look as he stepped into the pit lane and was struck by a rider.

http://www.video.mediaset.it/video/moto ... 3AsY2xpcCw_

I'm not sure of the extent of the injuries although I believe injuries weren't serious nor was it fatal.
Motorsportrace
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Motorsportrace »

kals wrote:There was an incident during practice for Moto2 or Moto3 today, where a mechanic didn't look as he stepped into the pit lane and was struck by a rider.

http://www.video.mediaset.it/video/moto ... 3AsY2xpcCw_

I'm not sure of the extent of the injuries although I believe injuries weren't serious nor was it fatal.
Ehm... the link is incorrect.

Fixed:
http://www.video.mediaset.it/video/moto ... asini.html

Mattia Pasini collided with a mechanic. They were only slightly injured. :)
Motorsportrace
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Thanks, for fixing the link and for the injury update. :thumbsup:
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

I read that the FIM (international federation of motorcycling) homologation of the Autodromo Nazionale di Monza has been suspended after the recent phone interceptions that showed the organizers knew the parabolica asphalt was problematic. Therefore there could not be a WSBK race in 2013 in Monza
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

What was the problem Toni?
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

you're telling me that rossi will start 10th at mugello? that' sunbelievable, with barbera and hayden 3rd and 4th i don't know what to think
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

now let's say it, casey stoner must retire NOW!