Tony Renna Theorem

Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.

Do you agree with my theory?

Yes.
83%
No.
17%

Total votes: 6

PTfan54
Founder Member
Founder Member

Tony Renna Theorem

Post by PTfan54 »

There has been a lot of speculation about the cause and effect of Tony Renna's fatal acident. Thus, I also speculate that it is time for me to put in my theory.

On that fateful day, Tony was doing a tire test with his new team, Target Chip Ganassi. He had turned three laps when his last lap began. According to the IRL, Renna was below the normal racing line when he went into turn 3. The cars front left tire went below the banking, making the car become unstable. The back end slid out, and Renna steered into it. But he over-corrected and the back end slid out towards the infield. At this point the car was half on the banking, and half off. This allowed air to get underneath the car and blow it upwards, whilst still rotating. The car hit the wire fence at an angle parallel to it. The car disintegrated, spliting open the tub and leaving a now fatally injured Renna sitting in the car, hanging from what was left of the fence. He was pronouced dead at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis.

Thus it was driver error that caused the accident, nothing else.

RIP Tony Renna

:cry: :cry:
Bernie Ecclestone's Glasses: The Greatest Spectacles in Racing
TheT - Guest

Post by TheT - Guest »

I think he mirrored Mario Andretti's crash earlier this year, except he hit the fence at a more direct angle thus completely destroying his car, as opposed to ricocheting off it.

I think he was going into a turn, twitched left, meaning his car went very quickly over the apron. Whilst there was a gap beneath his car the air caught the car and it took off like Andretti's did.

Anyway, however it happened, it's very tragic :(