Hurray!! Another street track. Madrid in 2026

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

rsroy wrote: 4 months ago
XcraigX wrote: 4 months ago COTA seems to be the last real track created specifically for F1. However it's only evenly ranked with Baku at best, but I can imagine the $$$ investment was much, much greater.
I like to think Turkey is the best recent F1 track.
I would go along with that thought. I used to enjoy Turkey with its elevation changes and of course the neverending T8. Quite sad to see it go and especially given the nature of the recent F1 additions. Good to see it return if only briefly on the 2020/21 Covid affected years of the calendar

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
XcraigX
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

Michael Ferner wrote: 4 months ago "We have a very high ranking for the track at Monaco", really? Who is that 'we', I wonder. But you're right, not every city track has to be shite, in fact I always had a soft spot for city tracks and really loved Montjuic or Long Beach, for example. Baku is decent, I agree, it just happens to be in a shit country. I don't know about Singapore, all I've seen so far is racing in the dark which looks the same to me no matter which track. And I agree, topography is most important, and that video looks quite interesting, even though it can't even decide which of the two layouts (that are out there atm) it is! :haha: But we already have a lap time :rolleyes:
When you look up highest rated tracks (driver favorite, fan favorite, etc), Monaco is frequently in the top 5. Obviously I did not poll the Fastlane.
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

I will admit I do quite like some of the street tracks, if nothing else, you can look at the scenery if the race gets a bit dull sometimes ;)

Seriously though, I quite like Baku, Singapore and Monaco as more often than not you get unexpected things happening that shakes up the processional races we can sometimes get of late. Plus I always admire how the drivers are effectively doing the equivalent of threading a needle for so long, the concentration must be off the chart, something I know I couldn't do.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

XcraigX wrote: 4 months ago Someone has already put it into the Simulator:
I especially like the parts of the track where the car leaves the ground.

No, in all honesty, I don't mind. It's time to lose Catalunya from the schedule (unless they plan for TWO Spanish GPs?)

On the other hand I predict this street race will never happen, same as the one in New York.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records