Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

MonteCristo wrote: 7 months ago
PTRACER wrote: 7 months ago Wish I'd known about your league! We had a little league over at TBK-, there wasn't a lot of competition with only four or five drivers in each race but there was a helluva lot of crashing and arguing for weeks after :mrgreen: Still have the replays and race results on my PC.
I think at our peak we would have had a little over a dozen. My one or two wins came during smaller numbers :P.

They were happy, young, carefree times though.

Definitely want to get back into sim racing down the line. Won't be any good, but will be fun.
What would be your sim of choice? :sly:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

PTRACER wrote: 7 months ago
PTRACER wrote: 7 months ago Wish I'd known about your league! We had a little league over at TBK-, there wasn't a lot of competition with only four or five drivers in each race but there was a helluva lot of crashing and arguing for weeks after :mrgreen: Still have the replays and race results on my PC.
I think at our peak we would have had a little over a dozen. My one or two wins came during smaller numbers :P.

Definitely want to get back into sim racing down the line. Won't be any good, but will be fun.
Well, I already have rFactor 2! It was actually the reason why I got this old, old computer! Never saw out its potential though :(.

I guess part of the wider problem is just how fractured things are. Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, Project Cars (and sequels). iRacing...
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

PTRACER wrote: 7 months ago

Well, I already have rFactor 2! It was actually the reason why I got this old, old computer! Never saw out its potential though :(.

I guess part of the wider problem is just how fractured things are. Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, Project Cars (and sequels). iRacing...
I don't see it as fractured, it's just variety. iRacing is the simplest way to get into competitive online sim racing, AC has public online lobbies that you wanna avoid like the plague but both that and I'm sure rF2 and AMS have dedicated private leagues you can race in if you don't mind being a bit serious.

And totally off-topic, in 25 years I never started or completed a championship in GPL. Maybe now is a good time to try?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion