The weird and wonderful world of Lewis Hamilton

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago Hope it doesnt rain and all the colours run. :nuts: :sick:
You meant they haven't already??!!?!
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Star wrote: 1 year ago
MonteCristo wrote: 1 year ago Click through for full photo...

Not sure where to begin.

But that outfit probably costs three times as much as my car.
Does he not own a mirror? Seriously!! You have to wonder how big the bet was that caused him to turn out in that outfit. Or is the circus in town and he's hoping to be hired? :amazed:
You don't need a mirror when you pay a bunch of people to hang around with you and tell you how amazing you are.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

If they were made to measure I think next time he should try 'made to fit properly'.

They fit like older brother hand me downs. :nuts:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Michael Ferner wrote: 1 year ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago I will confess to the fact I used to own a pair of purple flares back in the day! They matched my purple Ford Anglia, which had a 1500Cortina GT engine, wide wheels, lowered..... and a big yellow stripe down the middle. The full boy racer bit! (and yes I did have a yellow grandpa vest to be fully colour co-ordinated with the car). :blush: Oh and I had long hair down my back!

Somewhere I have a photo.....
Talking of woeful fashion, I did a quick forum search to see if I had posted the pic of my purple flares and grandpa vest here with the Anglia. I didnt find that but I did find some other photos posted by me and others from the forum in the Style and Fashion thread we once had. The grandpa vest I mentioned makes an appearance....

Quite amusing for those that want a laugh. At my expense. :blush: :haha: viewtopic.php?p=240248#p240248

Oh my gosh! :omg: What else did I miss by joining this forum late?
Im sure im not the only one with fashion faux pas in my history! :haha:

Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Michael Ferner wrote: 1 year ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago I will confess to the fact I used to own a pair of purple flares back in the day! They matched my purple Ford Anglia, which had a 1500Cortina GT engine, wide wheels, lowered..... and a big yellow stripe down the middle. The full boy racer bit! (and yes I did have a yellow grandpa vest to be fully colour co-ordinated with the car). :blush: Oh and I had long hair down my back!

Somewhere I have a photo.....
Talking of woeful fashion, I did a quick forum search to see if I had posted the pic of my purple flares and grandpa vest here with the Anglia. I didnt find that but I did find some other photos posted by me and others from the forum in the Style and Fashion thread we once had. The grandpa vest I mentioned makes an appearance....

Quite amusing for those that want a laugh. At my expense. :blush: :haha: viewtopic.php?p=240248#p240248

Oh my gosh! :omg: What else did I miss by joining this forum late?
Im sure im not the only one with fashion faux pas in my history! :haha:

Awww, the clothes look right for the time, stylish even. I know I had some fashion mishaps too, I'm just not putting them on here, sorry :haha:
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

Another awkward sentence:

Latest Bernie quote: ““Lewis has forgotten a lot,” he said, "When Mercedes didn’t pay him what he asked for, I immediately said I’d pay the difference. Because Formula 1 needs a person of colour, a Chinese and a woman.”
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Ruslan wrote: 1 year ago It never ends:

Latest Bernie quote: ““Lewis has forgotten a lot,” he said, "When Mercedes didn’t pay him what he asked for, I immediately said I’d pay the difference. Because Formula 1 needs a person of colour, a Chinese and a woman.”
Blimey.... what a short memory he has. I can remember when Bernie got himself in poo for being interviewed on an American chat show and was asked about females driving in F1 (might have been specifically about Danica Patrick) and his response was "women should dress in white like the other appliances and stay in the kitchen".

That would have been in the days of the USGP being at the Indy road track in the mid noughties..
Last edited by Everso Biggyballies 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

Ruslan wrote: 1 year ago It never ends:

Blimey.... I can remember when Bernie got himself in poo for being intervieed on an American chat show and was asked about females driving in F1 (might have been specifically about Danica Patrick) and his response was "women should dress in white and stay in the kitchen with the other appliances".

That would have been in the days of the USGP being at the Indy road track in the mid noughties..
Oh, I was going to mention the "endorsements out of every orifice" quote... but I figured I didn't want to pick on the old guy.
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna
Favourite Circuit: Monza, Montecarlo
Car(s) Currently Owned: Nissan Micra (vintage in 3 yrs)

Post by Starling »

I've been joking about this, but I've just discovered our man advocates for censorship:

(1'15")

"I don't know why we are continuing to give these older voices a platform".

OK, Bernie is senile, Piquet said something in Portuguese that was NEVER quoted anywhere (he said it just means "a guy"), bur SIR Jackie - excuse me SIR Lewis - he's still of sound mind and deserves to be treated just a bit more respectfully. He was there when drivers died on a regular basis. This for me makes HAM's comment unforgiveable.

Back to following Silverstone on BBC (written version) because I don't have a Smart TV and I'm not able to pirate anymore.
Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus.
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starling »

I hate this. HAM has everything that would make me love him... until he opens his mouth.
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starling »

Starling wrote: 1 year agoPiquet said something in Portuguese that was NEVER quoted anywhere (he said it just means "a guy")
What Piquet said, from CNN Brazil:

https://www.cnnbrasil.com.br/esporte/te ... -neguinho/

In brief, the term quoted in the title is supposedly a common term in Brazil, not offensive like the N-word. Remember that Brazil has a vastly diverse population and culture. I'm not Brazilian nor I speak Portuguese, so maybe I've understood it all wrong, but I have no idea how much HAM knows about Brazil either.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I must admit the ageist dismissal is wrong of him.... he says old peoples views are irrelevant, and we should listen to younger people's views. I completely agree that what Bernie said was ridiculous and out of order but dont tell me that there are young people out there who dont have the same thoughts as Bernie. Bernie isnt representative of all older people.
In forum talk, attack the post not the poster. Attack the comment not the elderly in general because of one person.
Im sure there are plenty of younger people (that according to Lewis we should be basing our decisions on) would take a bullet for Putin or think the sun shines out of his butt.

To blanket all old people as a waste of space on the strength of one person.....

You are wrong Lewis.

erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago I must admit the ageist dismissal is wrong of him.... he says old peoples views are irrelevant, and we should listen to younger people's views. I completely agree that what Bernie said was ridiculous and out of order but dont tell me that there are young people out there who dont have the same thoughts as Bernie. Bernie isnt representative of all older people.
In forum talk, attack the post not the poster. Attack the comment not the elderly in general because of one person.
Im sure there are plenty of younger people (that according to Lewis we should be basing our decisions on) would take a bullet for Putin or think the sun shines out of his butt.

To blanket all old people as a waste of space on the strength of one person.....

You are wrong Lewis.
:agreepost:
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

erwin greven wrote: 1 year ago
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
XcraigX
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

Starling wrote: 1 year ago
Starling wrote: 1 year agoPiquet said something in Portuguese that was NEVER quoted anywhere (he said it just means "a guy")
What Piquet said, from CNN Brazil:

https://www.cnnbrasil.com.br/esporte/te ... -neguinho/

In brief, the term quoted in the title is supposedly a common term in Brazil, not offensive like the N-word. Remember that Brazil has a vastly diverse population and culture. I'm not Brazilian nor I speak Portuguese, so maybe I've understood it all wrong, but I have no idea how much HAM knows about Brazil either.
Let me help you out...
When someone refers to the other drivers by name in a sentence, but refers to Hamilton as "neguinho", he is calling Hamilton a little black boy (that's the litteral translation). Historically refering to someone black as a "boy" is very insulting without having to use the N word. It would be different if he was refering to all of today's drivers as kids or boys, but the reason people are taking offence to it is that he was reserving that title for just Lewis while still talking about everyone else by name. So why would Nelson try to brush this off as common language in native Brazil? Because Brazil still has racism issues of it's own. I'm sure there are plenty of people in the upper classes still using it in Brazil. It's notoriously still a bit backward there and many people in the black community are warned to watch themselves when they travel there.
Just like it would be common language for someone to use in the USA in the 1930's and 1940's, calling someone black a "boy" is a racial slur that may be a common occurence in only certain circles. (I've noticed the only statement about it being "common language" is from Piquet himself. Even the Brazil CNN article did not defend or comment on it's use in everyday language.) Comments like these are out of place today in media and the rest of the world.

So why are we getting a halfhearted apology from him instead of an honest one? Because Piquet believes he was right.
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
Mawerick
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Racing Car: AAR Eagle T1G
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps

Post by Mawerick »

XcraigX wrote: 1 year agoWhen someone refers to the other drivers by name in a sentence, but refers to Hamilton as "neguinho", he is calling Hamilton a little black boy (that's the litteral translation).
Ok. I have NOT been following this thing _at all_ but couple of things popped in my mind:

1) Lewis is the only black driver in F1, hence he's the only one Piquet could describe with that word.
2) From Piquet's viewpoint, Lewis _is_ a boy. 32 years of age difference is not insignificant.

So, in my opinion, it's perfectly possible Piquet wasn't being racist, he was just being a bit of a cranky old man.

Carry on.
"It’s a Mickey Mouse circuit. To have a race at a track like this is an insult to Grand Prix racing."
-Graham Hill commenting the Le Mans Bugatti track

- 2021 Guess The Pole champion! -