2019 日本グランプリ (Nihon Guran Puri)

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Bottas winning the Japanese GP from the second row of the grid is the first time anyone has won from row 2 in all of the 31 GPs held at Suzuka.
Also Carlos Sainz scored his 50th points finish. He also notched his third top-five finish of the year, more than he’s achieved in the rest of his 98 GP career combined.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

I think Carlos is quite underrated really, and also extremely unlucky. McLaren have been a real highlight for me this year, and they appear to have a clear 4th best team status right now.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Removing a couple of pieces of dead weight have helped McLaren hugely. Happy to see they're improvement and hoping it continues.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Not mentioned here but apparently due to a timing error the results were taken after lap 52 and not lap 53. Lucky break for Perez.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

John wrote: 4 years ago Not mentioned here but apparently due to a timing error the results were taken after lap 52 and not lap 53. Lucky break for Perez.
In actual fact the electronic chequered flag now used to cut out human error signalled the end of the race a lap early due to some glitch (thats progress I guess).... after the Canadian GP where Winnie Harlow waved the flag a lap early they made the rule that if the flag is shown early for any reason, the race is over and the results are taken from the end of the previous completed lap when the flag was shown, hence why Perez was classed as a finisher and got his points. Basically Perez had his crash after the race was finished. :haha:

John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 4 years ago
John wrote: 4 years ago Not mentioned here but apparently due to a timing error the results were taken after lap 52 and not lap 53. Lucky break for Perez.
In actual fact the electronic chequered flag now used to cut out human error signalled the end of the race a lap early due to some glitch (thats progress I guess).... after the Canadian GP where Winnie Harlow waved the flag a lap early they made the rule that if the flag is shown early for any reason, the race is over and the results are taken from the end of the previous completed lap when the flag was shown, hence why Perez was classed as a finisher and got his points. Basically Perez had his crash after the race was finished. :haha:
Yeah. Now imagine the outrage if that would have happened in Austria and Leclerc would have been awarded the win. :haha:

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

And yet his incident with Gasly, which officially didn't happen because the race was officially called at the end of lap 52, was still investigated :dunno:
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

kals wrote: 4 years ago
And yet his incident with Gasly, which officially didn't happen because the race was officially called at the end of lap 52, was still investigated :dunno:
:haha: Good point.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Well, I had no idea all of this mess happened.

So the race was officially declared at 52 laps? But Hamilton and all the others continued racing for another lap anyway? I am confused.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I guess the drivers were being told over the radio by their crews push push last lap etc, unaware of the glitch in the electronic flag. I guess some drivers must have seen the electronic chequer, maybe questioned it over the radio still to be told to push. It was only declared at 52 laps post race.

DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

I wonder how much the crash that never happened is costing force India to repair?
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

DoubleFart wrote: 4 years ago I wonder how much the crash that never happened is costing force India to repair?
Probably will cost force india nothing... :whistling:
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

If you haven't seen it yet, MAKE SURE TO WATCH THE SWEDISH BROADCAST INTRO FOR THE JAPANESE GP.

Featuring Charrurrllrul Leculerulelruclelruc.
Last edited by John 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Bring back Glen Dix..... he never got it wrong and was great to watch making a show of it, be it wet or dry, the show must go on....

He is still flag waving at motorsports venues to this day. This clip about him is a few years old but I read he was flagging a go kart race weekend only recently. Even got a mention and description of his antics by Murray Walker whilst commentating.

erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Awesome bloke indeed.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

The Mexicans also have a guy:

Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion