2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

The protest has been not accepted. The win by dovizioso is confirmed!!
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

kals wrote: 5 years ago
caneparo wrote: 5 years ago Image
What are we supposed to be seeing?
The body of evidence ...it’s the appendix near the rear weel that has been protested by honda
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Had to smile that Lorenzo, after all the hype of his joining Honda, was the lowest performing of all the Hondas in the race.... Marquez of course nearly winning, Crutchlow on the podium with the LCR Honda and Nakagami on the other LCR bike a creditable 7 secs from the winner..... Lorenzo finishing down in 13th and 15 seconds off the pace, in amongst the Aprilias and KTMs. :smiley:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Lorenzo's performance was hardly surprising considering how beaten up he was throughout the weekend. Good old Honda, swapping one Spaniard who had an infinity to injury for another.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

kals wrote: 5 years ago Lorenzo's performance was hardly surprising considering how beaten up he was throughout the weekend. Good old Honda, swapping one Spaniard who had an infinity to injury for another.
I wasnt aware of Lorenzo's weekend having been away myself and only getting home in time for the Moto 2 and MotoGP races. Maybe a little harsh on my part. :dunno:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

I just read that the victory of dovizioso is still sub judice because the finalmdecision has been demanded to the court of appeal of FIM.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

While I applaud thinking out of the box and innovation in racing, I really don't want to see aerodynamics pollute this last bastion of proper racing like it has in F1, etc. and nip too much aero development in the bud before it becomes a crux for success.

Great MotoGP season-opener. I was having a get-together with the family and had just kept the race on mute in the background but towards, the end, everyone was glued to the screen and enjoying the finish. When people who don't even watch racing find it interesting like that, you know it's a solid product.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

SB83 wrote: 5 years ago While I applaud thinking out of the box and innovation in racing, I really don't want to see aerodynamics pollute this last bastion of proper racing like it has in F1, etc. and nip too much aero development in the bud before it becomes a crux for success.
I saw Mat Oxley post about this in length - apparently the bikes need some sort of aero to avoid excessive wheelies when putting the power down coming out of corners. They've simplified the electronics so much that the wheelie control isn't that effective anymore, that coupled with the insane amount of power these bikes have mean that the wings is a necessary evil.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

John wrote: 5 years ago
SB83 wrote: 5 years ago While I applaud thinking out of the box and innovation in racing, I really don't want to see aerodynamics pollute this last bastion of proper racing like it has in F1, etc. and nip too much aero development in the bud before it becomes a crux for success.
I saw Mat Oxley post about this in length - apparently the bikes need some sort of aero to avoid excessive wheelies when putting the power down coming out of corners. They've simplified the electronics so much that the wheelie control isn't that effective anymore, that coupled with the insane amount of power these bikes have mean that the wings is a necessary evil.
Or, you ride to the limit the bike gives you. Need to apply less power? Do that.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

MonteCristo wrote: 5 years ago
Or, you ride to the limit the bike gives you. Need to apply less power? Do that.
With the pack racing we have today, coupled with the unpredictable tyre that Michelin has produced, I don't see the harm in giving them a few aids. DORNA have somewhat put the clamps on the wings anyway. It's not as bad as the Ducati ones of a couple of years ago. Besides, it's not as if these bikes are easy to drive anyway.
Oxley from the link at the bottom wrote:Obviously, MotoGP doesn’t want an excess of downforce devices. Front downforce from wing-type devices increases safety because MotoGP bikes can lift the front wheel in fifth and sixth gears, so the front tyre needs to be pushed into the road at high speeds to avoid the tyre locking when riders hit the brakes.
Also:
It might be a cool place, really.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/news ... grand-prix <-- Mutterings after Qatar.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Ah yes, a 'resort' that is yet to be built. Korea International Circuit mk2.
With the pack racing we have today, coupled with the unpredictable tyre that Michelin has produced, I don't see the harm in giving them a few aids. DORNA have somewhat put the clamps on the wings anyway. It's not as bad as the Ducati ones of a couple of years ago.
The other manufacturers have managed without the additional aid that Ducati has introduced, why can't Ducati? The problem now is that again thanks to Ducati the other manufacturers will come with their own versions and MotoGP / Dorna / FIM will have an aero / tyre cooling / wheelie inhibiting arms race that it shouldn't have needed to police.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

kals wrote: 5 years ago Ah yes, a 'resort' that is yet to be built. Korea International Circuit mk2.
With the pack racing we have today, coupled with the unpredictable tyre that Michelin has produced, I don't see the harm in giving them a few aids. DORNA have somewhat put the clamps on the wings anyway. It's not as bad as the Ducati ones of a couple of years ago.
The other manufacturers have managed without the additional aid that Ducati has introduced, why can't Ducati? The problem now is that again thanks to Ducati the other manufacturers will come with their own versions and MotoGP / Dorna / FIM will have an aero / tyre cooling / wheelie inhibiting arms race that it shouldn't have needed to police.
You know how racing works, you make your car/bike not the rules that's written, but rather to what's not written. Read the rule book like the devil reads the bible. You could argue that DORNA should write the rules better, but Gigi will always try to find a way around it. As will everyone else.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

John wrote: 5 years agoYou know how racing works, you make your car/bike not the rules that's written, but rather to what's not written. Read the rule book like the devil reads the bible. You could argue that DORNA should write the rules better, but Gigi will always try to find a way around it. As will everyone else.
Totally agree.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Couldn't find a good King's Landing one
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Couldn't find a good King's Landing one
Du du du-du-du du-du-du duuuuuum-dum du-du-duuuum, du-dum.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

In two smoke days it was announced like this : "You (the rider) have it in your right hand" ;)
Or like Steve Parrish usually announces it during another NW200 live commentary: "We have natural aerodynamics at work. If you sit up you brake."
It may sound far too simplified but it is the truth. Well, one truth you'll find if you ride yourself and try 180 km/h ducked in or 180 sitting up. Just watch you throttle position and feel your arms while sitting up ;)
:bye:
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies