Random motorcycle news

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 5 years ago Thanks Andy. :thumbsup:
You're welcome, mate :bye:
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Another of these must sees if you haven't heard about it. The movie '3 Wheeling'.
It tells the story of the 2016 IoM TT sidecar races and the intense battle between Dave Molyneux/Dan Sayle against Tim Reeves/Patrick Farrance. Originally released at the 2017 TT, it wasn't before TT '18 that the movie was publicly sold. A fun fact here would be that if you look around the various sidecar paddocks you'll often find a 3 Wheeling sticker with the three raised fingers on outfits these days. Such is the popularity of the movie, in the side car paddocks at least.
Here's a trailer and I can assure you that if you like 3-wheel racing you'll love this movie
:bye:
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

:thumbsup: Love them sidecars. Thanks.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

In more relevant news than a German/English collision way back in '94 this news made the headlines on facebook just a few hours ago.
Team MD Racing is Back......

We are pleased to announced the return of Michael Dunlop along with his team MD Racing.

“After having some time off now is the time to come back, bigger and better than ever. I have a strong team and great bunch of lads some who will be returning with me this year along with a few new faces! I have a great team around me we have the craic but we get the job done.The team put in the hours and hard work to help get me to where I am today. We have the new S1000 RR K67 bike this year so there will be a few late night to get all ready to go ASAP. We are up for the challenge with the bike and will be working alongside Tyco BMW for technical support and developing our relationship.
We are ready to take on challenges that 2019 bring”

The team will be building their own 600 and Superstock Bike. Aiming to be as competitive as possibly,the team and Michael are confident to have a winning line up

Like everything as teams develop and grow as does the need for more staff members and sponsorship. In the coming months we will be not only be looking for a rider to join the team on one of our own MD Racing built 600 bikes but also for a range of staff to join us.

Opportunities will also be available for new sponsorship....as one of the main centre stages in the world of road racing why not join forces and become a sponsor and avail of marketing opportunities for you and your business to millions of people world wide....

For more information contact our PR Team @mdracing6@hotmail.com
I could say I told you, but I won't.
Michael is way too much his dad and his uncle. And if you understand real road racing you know why he's 'back'. Not that he's been away for too long. You do what you're best in and if you are amongst the top crop, hell what could you stop from competing.

Again, to say it with the late Jeffo : "Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing."
Once it is in your blood it is tough to shy away, even for the stupid johnny common spectator. Go to the Isle of Man for this fortnight and you'll see. Even for the Johnny Odd spectator it is tough to abide this two weeks once been there. And if you get involved it gets tougher, nevermind.

Go there once and you'll wish to be back next time. End of.
It doesn't even matter whether the TT, S100 or MGP. Inhale it once as a dedicated motorsports fan and you never look back.
Do you have regrets going?
LoLs .... If you want to experience life, even if all too short, you'll find it here.
Get your silly butt going before the next silly never been there but I know it all comment :wink:

Do a TT fortnight in your lifetime once and you'll know what risking and getting pushes from risking is all about.
Really, I adore what the MotoGP and SBK lads do at short circuits but you only really consider and ponder life once you been to a road race or the TT.

Wish you good luck in pondering the next short crossing, bumping into another, parking lot F1 Champion. The less room for mistakes, the less room for betraying ideas and therefore the more honest the racing gets.
Sorry if parking lot F1 only wressels a minimal smile for its shenagians outta me, but I've seen and marshaled different.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

I think many of us predicted a return to racing for Michael....I must admit I thought he might do less this year and get back to full time perhaps later, but I know I also said it was too much part of his DNA for him to walk away, regardless of the pressures put on him, be they family or whatever. Wish him (and all others) a safe and happy season with no regrets or second thoughts..

Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 5 years ago I think many of us predicted a return to racing for Michael....I must admit I thought he might do less this year and get back to full time perhaps later, but I know I also said it was too much part of his DNA for him to walk away, regardless of the pressures put on him, be they family or whatever. Wish him (and all others) a safe and happy season with no regrets or second thoughts..
His dad Robert did the exact same thing, when Roberts' brother Joey had passed though the roles were reversed between these two.
In regards to success, Michael is much closer to his uncle, but in regards of being outspoken or entertaining his dad. Funny, that William was the exact opposite. In terms of success more his dad but as still and quiet as Joey was.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

I guess this goes here until we get a Real Road Racing 2019 thread. I'll leave the to the experts :)

https://www.yorkshirecoastradio.com/new ... ers-mount/
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Michkov wrote: 5 years ago I guess this goes here until we get a Real Road Racing 2019 thread. I'll leave the to the experts :)

https://www.yorkshirecoastradio.com/new ... ers-mount/
Nah it is fine here as well, mate !
Thank you very much for posting it
:thumbsup:
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Speaking of races returning , do you know what is going on with the Eppynt race that was postponed to 2019?
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Michkov wrote: 5 years ago Speaking of races returning , do you know what is going on with the Eppynt race that was postponed to 2019?
To make it short, it is dead.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Fanschoice.tv will broadcast the Daytona 200 live on Saturday from 1pm EDT !
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Andy wrote: 5 years ago Fanschoice.tv will broadcast the Daytona 200 live on Saturday from 1pm EDT !
I have a vague memory of that race, or a support race rather, being run with Harley's in the 1980's. Might be a bit off here though. Remember it from some "Crashes and they walked away" VHS I had as a kid.

EDIT: Oh, I remembered correct for once :haha:

11.25 in.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Barry Sheene had some issues there too - https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/arch ... tona-fling

There’s also an image in my mind of a start line incident many years back, I think a rider stalled and was hit, being badly hurt but I don’t remember who it was.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

:haha: :haha:

MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

That's fantastic!
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion