Motorsportmemorial.org

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I'll do a final update, here. I haven't got the time for it, anymore.
Sedre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sedre »

Before we started, I want to talk about one thing: maybe we also should add stunt drivers? We have topic for stunt crashes here, in Fastlane, and it also sometimes considered as some sort of racing event. Even MM.org has some entries for stuntmen in LWF section.
Sedre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sedre »

Maybe someone can help with this case: http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus ... ct&n=12583

There was co-driver fatality in Norwolk in 1990s: http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus ... ct&n=12338 and given distance between Watton Airfield and Snetterton, it could be same accident, but Motorsport Magazine emphasized that Brickstock's accident happened at racing venue, so I have doubts.
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Sedre wrote: 5 years ago Maybe someone can help with this case: http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus ... ct&n=12583

There was co-driver fatality in Norwolk in 1990s: http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus ... ct&n=12338 and given distance between Watton Airfield and Snetterton, it could be same accident, but Motorsport Magazine emphasized that Brickstock's accident happened at racing venue, so I have doubts.
Please, in the future, post these kind of requests in the Motorsport Memorial updates thread

Do you use facebook? If so, you'll most likely find someone in this group:
The Golden Years of Rallying
They also helped us with Jimmy Dunne's case who wasn't even a rally driver. Their knowledge is astonishing.
Sedre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sedre »

hollie3sa wrote: 5 years ago
Sedre wrote: 5 years ago Maybe someone can help with this case: http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus ... ct&n=12583

Please, in the future, post these kind of requests in the Motorsport Memorial updates thread

They also helped us with Jimmy Dunne's case who wasn't even a rally driver. Their knowledge is astonishing.
OK, next time I'll post in relevant topic.

I don't have Facebook account; my friend offered me to register there about one year ago, but it's interface was more complicated than any equipment in my university department with which I worked, so I refused his offer.
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Sedre wrote: 5 years ago

I don't have Facebook account; my friend offered me to register there about one year ago, but it's interface was more complicated than any equipment in my university department with which I worked, so I refused his offer.
Ok, I'll see what I can do.
But please, be patient as I'm off to Berlin on Wednesday for a couple of days. Will get back to that when I'm back home.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Sedre wrote: 5 years ago I don't have Facebook account
Keep it that way!! :thumbsup:
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Sedre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sedre »

Sedre wrote: 5 years ago

Ok, I'll see what I can do.
But please, be patient as I'm off to Berlin on Wednesday for a couple of days. Will get back to that when I'm back home.
It's confirmed that Brickstock was killed at Watton Airfield, instead of Snetterton: https://forums.autosport.com/topic/4112 ... ?p=8569212
Sedre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sedre »

Well, it took more time that I imagined, but I've finished my list of known auto race drivers, who died during racing. Link for all who interested:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Legend for database:

Things in bold are for information that different from MM.org, including the one that is currently missing, corrections to their info or typos.

Things in italic are for information that currently incomplete, including full names, dates, series, races and etc.

Things with underline are for controversial or not confirmed information and also for names with not fully known middle names.

Controversial and not fully confirmed information can be shown if you look in comments in corresponding cell.

Numbers in column "MM number" are used to navigate in MM.org, if you paste it after http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus.php?db=ct&n= , you will be send to corresponding MM page. Negative numbers are for LWF sections, zero for cases which are currently completely missing from their database (these drivers are fully bold).

Two last columns implemented to show if there's picture and/or video of fatal crash. "Confirmed" means that I have picture or video link, "Exist" that I know that picture/video is exist, but I don't found it yet, "Aftermath" for pictures that don't show actual wreck but place of accident, "Wreck" for pictures that show remains of car several days/months/years after fatal accident, "Rumoured" for cases when I heard something about existence of footage but cannot confirm it and "Likely exist"/"Unlikely" is means that it means.

I'll try to mark drivers whose fatal accidents have entries in CPDB a bit later, as I need to some rest.

Currently two lists are fully implemented - main and with unnamed drivers; lists of unconfirmed fatalities and drivers whose causes of death are mystery for me will be finished in next few months.

As always, any corrections, wishes and critique are welcome.

Happy New Year to everyone.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to say about "Former drivers killed during races" list: as it say in the title, this list is dedicated to drivers who already retired from racing but were killed while spectating, working as crew member or track officials. Drivers who were killed in similiar circumstances but who were active racers at time of their death (Lars-Erik Torph & Bertil Rehnfeldt, Julio Guimarey, Ray Darney and etc) are recorded in main list.
Motorsportrace
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Motorsportrace »

Sedre wrote: 5 years ago Well, it took more time that I imagined, but I've finished my list of known auto race drivers, who died during racing. Link for all who interested:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Legend for database:

Things in bold are for information that different from MM.org, including the one that is currently missing, corrections to their info or typos.

Things in italic are for information that currently incomplete, including full names, dates, series, races and etc.

Things with underline are for controversial or not confirmed information and also for names with not fully known middle names.

Controversial and not fully confirmed information can be shown if you look in comments in corresponding cell.

Numbers in column "MM number" are used to navigate in MM.org, if you paste it after http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus.php?db=ct&n= , you will be send to corresponding MM page. Negative numbers are for LWF sections, zero for cases which are currently completely missing from their database (these drivers are fully bold).

Two last columns implemented to show if there's picture and/or video of fatal crash. "Confirmed" means that I have picture or video link, "Exist" that I know that picture/video is exist, but I don't found it yet, "Aftermath" for pictures that don't show actual wreck but place of accident, "Wreck" for pictures that show remains of car several days/months/years after fatal accident, "Rumoured" for cases when I heard something about existence of footage but cannot confirm it and "Likely exist"/"Unlikely" is means that it means.

I'll try to mark drivers whose fatal accidents have entries in CPDB a bit later, as I need to some rest.

Currently two lists are fully implemented - main and with unnamed drivers; lists of unconfirmed fatalities and drivers whose causes of death are mystery for me will be finished in next few months.

As always, any corrections, wishes and critique are welcome.

Happy New Year to everyone.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to say about "Former drivers killed during races" list: as it say in the title, this list is dedicated to drivers who already retired from racing but were killed while spectating, working as crew member or track officials. Drivers who were killed in similiar circumstances but who were active racers at time of their death (Lars-Erik Torph & Bertil Rehnfeldt, Julio Guimarey, Ray Darney and etc) are recorded in main list.
That's great work.
Thanks for that.
I'll have a look later.
Motorsportrace
Sedre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sedre »

Some trivia from my database:

Drivers by nationality:
United States - 3053 (53,2%)
United Kingdom - 378 (6,59%)
Argentina - 348 (6,07%)
France - 329 (5,74%)
Italy - 259 (4,52%)
Australia - 191 (3,33%)
Canada - 101 (1,76%)
West Germany - 79 (1,38%)
Germany - 77 (1,34%)
Brazil - 69 (1,2%)
Belgium - 61 (1,06%)
Spain - 57 (0,99%)
Switzerland - 54 (0,94%)
New Zealand - 50 (0,87%)
Netherlands - 38 (0,66%)
Japan - 36 (0,63%)
Russia - 34 (0,59%)
Mexico - 33 (0,58%)
Poland - 32 (0,56%)
Czechoslovakia & Ireland - 31 (0,54%)
Sweden - 29 (0,51%)
South Africa - 26 (0,45%)
Peru - 24 (0,42%)
Austria - 23 (0,4%)
Czech Republic, Soviet Union & Portugal - 22 (0,38%)
Finland - 17 (0,3%)
Denmark & Bolivia - 16 (0,28%)
Chile - 15 (0,26%)
Uruguay - 13 (0,23%)
East Germany & Venezuela - 12 (0,21%)
Greece - 10 (0,17%)
Bulgaria - 9 (0,16%)
Cuba - 7 (0,12%)
Kenya & India - 6 (0,1%)
Latvia & Hungary - 5 (0,09%)
Phillipines, Ukraine, Singapore, Malaysia & Columbia - 4 (0,07%)
Estonia, Taiwan, Slovakia, Norway, Morocco & Hong Kong - 3 (0,05%)
Yugoslavia, Uganda, Turkey, Slovenia, Serbia and Montenegro, Romania, Rhodesia, Luxembourg & Iceland - 2 (0,03%)
Ecuador, Sri Lanka, Trinidad and Tobago, Tanzania, San Marino, El Salvador, Puerto Rico, Paraguay, United Arab Emirates, Monaco, Lithuania, Lebanon, Costa Rica, China, Kazakhstan, Iran, Indonesia, Domenican Republic, Guatemala, Andorra & Algeria - 1 (0,02%)
Total number of drivers (as 31.12.2018) - 5735.
Sedre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sedre »

List of unconfirmed racing fatalities is added to my database. Maybe someone there could help me with these cases.

For unconfirmed fatalities from Argentina I could ask fellow MM.org contributor Isbel Quiroz, through Nanni Dietrich. Isbel helped a lot with Orlando Boschi's case so I hope he will help there as well.
Sedre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sedre »

Specially for my friends from CPDB: as I promised earlier, drivers whose crashes are added to CPDB have their "Photo" status in green color now.
Sedre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sedre »

@Motorsportrace

I assume that you surrender with searching through my database?
Motorsportrace
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Motorsportrace »

Sedre wrote: 5 years ago @Motorsportrace

I assume that you surrender with searching through my database?
I haven't had too much time, but I'll probavly search again in the next days.
Motorsportrace
Motorsportrace
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Motorsportrace »

Motorsportrace wrote: 5 years ago I assume that you surrender with searching through my database?
Ok, I've checked the case of Stefano Colleoni:

The article says:

"Rally car goes off the road: one dead and one injured"

"Brembate Sopra (Bergamo) (p.b.) -
One dead and one injured, in serious conditions, who is in intensive care in the Ospedali Riuniti of Bergamo.
This is the result of a road accident which happened yesterday night at about 2:00 am at Brembate Sopra, near the Philco factory.
The victim's name was Stefano Colleoni, he was 26, and he lived with his mother in Via Don Buozzi 10 at Mariano Di Dalmine. He was a worker at his uncle's garage, where lamp holders are made, and he would've been married in three months.
The injured is Fabrizio Colombi, 37 years old, who lives at Presezzo, in Via Marconi, one of the most famous rally drivers of the province.
The two, the other night, were travelling in a rented car."

So, it appears they rented a rally car and went off the road by themselves, without taking part in any racing event.
Motorsportrace