World Superbikes and Supports 2018 Discussion

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I read about it one or two weeks ago before it was officially put out and I must say I'm not happy with it as much as I wasn't happy with the Saturday / Sunday split already. Furthermore, Dorna decided to get rid of the German and Czech rounds to introduce another Spanish round at Aragon just as if Spain doesn't have enough motorcycle racing yet. Donington is on the radar as well, and the summer date next year looks like a final attempt of a British round as well. On top of having already canned the Superstock 1000 and looking into 'developing' the 600 Supersports.

The truth is, the Dorna has absolutely no clue what they should do with the entire package, except from WSS300 maybe, which might be easier to promote for a short time thanks to Ana Carrascos world championship.
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

The usual snoozefest continued in Argentina with you know who scoring another double :haha: That's 10 in a row and 16 for the season. Pure excitement! :twothumbs:
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Vassago wrote: 5 years ago The usual snoozefest continued in Argentina with you know who scoring another double :haha: That's 10 in a row and 16 for the season. Pure excitement! :twothumbs:
I get that Kawasaki might have the best bike/material. Still I don't understand how it's possible for one rider to dominate a World Championship in such a way that no competitor even seems to stand the slightest chance. The gap between Rea and the rest increases from year to year. Already 170 points. Where is this heading?

Rea probably could have missed 3 of the total 13 race weekends and still claimed the title. Is he really that much better?
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Yeah, I watched race 1 but didnt bother with race 2.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

hollie3sa wrote: 5 years ago
Vassago wrote: 5 years ago The usual snoozefest continued in Argentina with you know who scoring another double :haha: That's 10 in a row and 16 for the season. Pure excitement! :twothumbs:
I get that Kawasaki might have the best bike/material. Still I don't understand how it's possible for one rider to dominate a World Championship in such a way that no competitor even seems to stand the slightest chance. The gap between Rea and the rest increases from year to year. Already 170 points. Where is this heading?

Rea probably could have missed 3 of the total 13 race weekends and still claimed the title. Is he really that much better?
Tires, their management and quite possibly some shenanigans in allocating them. The danger of a one supplier series.

The world supersport race was quite good as opposed to the sbk races and I quite like this circuit. Especially the backstraight :)
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Following SBKs race 1 yesterday, the coverage to the SSP600 championship decider commences in one hour.
Sandro Cortese and Jules Cluzel are just seperated by 5 points but with an advantage of victories on Cluzels side. Should he win and Cortese comes 2nd Cluzel will be champion.
However, Mahias has snatched pole after he was reinstated as Portimao winner by the CAS on Thursday. He had been disqualified because he didn't make it to parc ferme in time, after his rear tire blew up on the cool down lap. The CAS collected the DSQ abd turned it into a fine.

However, it is going to be interesting.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

What a cracker of a race, especially the race within the race between Cortese and Cluzel!
Great too watch, just too bad that the second SBK race had been cancelled