[Sportscar & GT Champs] 2017 WEC, WSCC, Blancpain etc.

WEC, Blancpain, Le Mans Series, Rolex and special events like the Le Mans 24h
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Citroën C2 1.4 (2006)

Post by erwin greven »

Bottom post of the previous page:

NEW BMW M8 GT

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Long clinches provisional PWC GT title as Cooper wins at Sonoma

Michael Cooper drove to a dominating victory Saturday at Sonoma Raceway in the No. 8 Cadillac Racing ATS-V.R. for the 50-minute Round 18 Pirelli World Challenge GT race, while Patrick Long provisionally clinched the GT Overall championship with a third place.

Cooper, the 27-year-old newly-crowned GT SprintX champion, grabbed the lead into Turn 1 from his second-place starting position and never looked back in pacing all 32 laps Saturday afternoon, finishing with a 2.785-second win margin at the 2.35-mile, 12-turn road circuit. It was Cooper's second 2017 PWC GT win after co-driving with Jordan Taylor to capture the GT SprintX event at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park last May.

"The starts here are always iffy because of how Turns 1 and 2 are laid out so I asked to review the start procedure because that makes a big difference on where you are in P1 or P2 and how you can attack the corners," said Cooper. "As far as our guys, it was unfortunate what happened to No. 3 (Johnny O'Connell) yesterday and they had to work pretty late into the night to get the backup car ready for that so being able to reward them after a couple hours of sleep and a lot of hard work makes me feel really good.

"The Cadillac was really strong here last year so this place definitely suits our car really well. That's the beauty of GT3 racing - you have all these different makes that make their speeds in different ways so you have to tune in every week to see who's going to be the strongest car."

Long played the consistent game all year with his No. 58 Wright Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 R with four wins, five second-places and three third-places in the 18 GT races with one race remaining Sunday morning at 10:15 a.m. PT. Long will start from the pole in Sunday's 50-minute finale after a track-record race lap in Saturday's contest.

Long currently has 342 points overall to Alvaro Parente's 315 and Cooper's 313 entering Sunday's Round 19. This is Long's second Pirelli World Challenge GT championship after also taking the 2011 title.

"My plan was to try to go out there and finish out the Overall Championship, so I had to stay close to Michael (Cooper) and Alvaro (Parente)," said Long. "I found a championship that was stripped out of my hands in the last half lap last year based on some errors from a car ahead of me and I felt like there was a little bit of risk here today with a couple of cars ahead of me that I thought I had some pace over.

"I made a decision to play it a little bit safe through the mid-race and let the doors stay open for me. In the end, I still wanted to race for the podium and show what the car was capable of and that allowed us to secure pole for tomorrow which was another point that made my job a little bit easier. Any given Sunday you can have a different winner and I think that's unique for Pirelli World Challenge. I love being here. I've raced a lot of different championships this year for Porsche and I really have found a home here.

"To be a champion overall, it's been a long wait since we had our last champion in 2011. So eyes up for tomorrow, we're going to race for the win and try to go out on top."

Porsche clinched the GT Overall manufacturers championship Saturday with 128 points followed by Cadillac at 117 and McLaren at 114. Also, the GTA drivers title was captured by veteran James Sofronas in the No. 14 GMG Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R.

In addition, Long goes into Sunday's GT finale with a four-point advantage over Parente (179 to 175) in the GT Sprint series (9 rounds). Parente, in the No. 9 K-PAX Racing McLaren 650S, defeated Long last year on the final lap of the last race to take the Pirelli World Challenge GT crown.

In Saturday's event, Parente took second to Cooper after starting seventh and was awarded the "Hard Charger" of the race with Long rounding out the podium (top three) finishes.

"Congratulations to Patrick, and to Michael for winning the race," said Parente. "It's been very exciting this year with the Sprint and SprintX racing. Today, for sure we didn't start where we wanted in P7. In one lap with our tires, the car felt pretty good so we didn't have any more lap time there so the other cars were just faster with new tires. I knew if I wanted to stand a chance in any of the championships, I had to pass people and try to attack hard and try to get in front of everybody. But, when you start in 7th and finish in 2nd, it's still great. Thanks to my team and to everyone involved in my car. We've been quite good all year except for one or two races so this was a really good result for today; let's see what happens tomorrow."

Germany's Pierre Kaffer drove the No. 4 Magnus Racing Audi RS 8 LMS GT3 to fourth Saturday followed by race pole winner Daniel Mancinelli of Italy in the No. 31 TR3 Racing/The Collection Ferrari 488 GT3.

Completing the top ten in Round 18 action were Ryan Dalziel in the No. 2 CRP Racing/DeVilbiss Mercedes-AMG GT3; Jon Fogarty in the No. 99 GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R; GTA race winner Michael Schein in the No. 16 Wright Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3; Peter Kox in the No. 93 RealTime Racing Acura NSX GT3; and Sofronas.

With Schein and Sofronas placing 1-2 in GTA, third place went to Pablo Perez Companc in the No. 69 Champ 1 Mercedes-AMG GT3 followed by John Potter in the No. 44 Magnus Racing Audi RS8 LMS and Tim Pappas in the No. 54 Black Swan Racing Mercedes-AMG GT3.

"Hats off to the guys at Wright Motorsports," said Schein. "They gave us a great Porsche GT3 R right from the get go. I know Pat (Long) was here last week testing, making changes, setting it up, and the car has been great all weekend. I've been lucky enough to be quick right out of the gate and just build on that every session. This is not exactly how we wanted this season to turn out. We had the pace all year to be at the top but, it happens. Congrats to James (Sofronas) for winning the championship."

Yuki Harata of Japan piloted the No. 55 Dream Racing Motorsports Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo to the GT Cup class win Saturday.
http://www.racer.com/pwc/item/144218-lo ... -at-sonoma
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Ashenbach wins the PWC title after the race at Sonoma was red flagged.

Lawson Aschenbach capped off his Pirelli World Challenge GTS Championship season with a win in Race 2 which was marred by two heavy accidents.

Aschenbach jumped to second from third on the grid with a great launch on the standing start in the No. 10 Blackdog Speed Shop Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R, then took the lead with a power move to the inside of Ian James’ Panoz Avezzano GT on the restart following the race’s first caution.

Once in the lead, Aschenbach checked out on the field and had the race well in hand when his teammate Tony Gaples’ hard crash triggered a red flag and the end of the race.

It was Aschenbach’s second win of the season that saw him finish outside the top-five just twice in 18 starts.

Ian James settled for second, while Rodrigo Baptista completed the podium in the No. 3 Flying Lizard Motorsports Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR.

Gaples was the GTSA class-leader before the accident, which was triggered by contact from the No. 007 Aston Martin Vantage GT4 of GTSA competitor Derek DeBoer in the esses.

His Camaro made hard contact with the concrete barrier, momentarily going airborne, but Gaples was able to walk to the ambulance under his own power before being transported to a local hospital for further observation.

The first accident of the race occurred just before halfway when Bob Michaelian in the No. 45 Racers Edge Motorsports SIN R1 GT4 spun into the wall after contact exiting Turn 11.

The impact with the wall was heavy enough to move the concrete barriers and necessitated a lengthy cleanup. Michaelian walked to the ambulance under his own power and was checked and released by track medical staff.

The final GTSA results were not released pending official review, but Gaples was the class leader for the last completed lap.
http://sportscar365.com/world-challenge ... at-sonoma/
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

endurance-info.com wrote:IMSA names Michelin official tire beginning in 2019

20 September 2017

The International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) today announced that Michelin will become the “Official Tire of IMSA” in its premier series – the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and its two major Challenge series – beginning in 2019.

The multi-year agreement calls for Michelin tires to be on every Prototype (P) and GT Daytona (GTD) race car competing in the WeatherTech Championship in addition to its continued participation in the GT Le Mans (GTLM) class. The GTLM class will continue to be open to multiple tire manufacturers.

The 2019 IMSA Michelin SportsCar Challenge will feature the Grand Sport (GS) class for cars built to international GT4 specifications and Touring Car for TCR-spec race cars. The IMSA Prototype Challenge Presented by Mazda, featuring LMP3 race cars, also will ride on Michelins.

The significance of this expanded partnership with Michelin, one of the world’s most recognized premium brands, cannot be overstated,” said IMSA President Scott Atherton. “IMSA has enjoyed a long and successful relationship with Michelin, and we are proud to confirm this long-term agreement. Our expanded partnership with Michelin – which also enjoys strong relationships with many of our participating automotive manufacturers – will be a catalyst for accelerating the growth of the WeatherTech Championship and IMSA as a whole.

We are extremely grateful for the role Continental Tire played in helping to grow our racing platforms throughout our partnership dating back to 2010,” Atherton added. “Continental has been an outstanding partner and was instrumental in elevating the status of the WeatherTech Championship and Continental Tire Challenge to new heights. We extend heartfelt appreciation to our friends at Continental for their unwavering support.

As the “Official Tire of IMSA,” the WeatherTech Championship, IMSA Michelin SportsCar Challenge and IMSA Prototype Challenge, Michelin also becomes the entitlement partner of the IMSA Michelin Endurance Cup beginning in 2019. The four-round competition recognizes top competitors in each class in the four WeatherTech Championship major endurance races. The Cup consists of the Rolex 24 At Daytona, the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen at Watkins Glen International, and the 10-hour Motul Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta.

We are tremendously pleased by today’s announcement,” said Scott Clark, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Michelin North America. “The continued growth and success of the WeatherTech Championship and IMSA’s related series provides a great platform for us to engage performance enthusiasts and showcase our MICHELIN® Pilot® Sport family of ultra-high performance tires.

Michelin does not enter into long-term collaborations lightly or solely for our own benefit,” Clark added. “We are committed to IMSA, the competitors and fans to help continue the growth and success of the series on and off the track. This is a tremendous opportunity to work together to grow the sport. We are enthusiastic and eager to make our MICHELIN tires available to the entire field beginning in 2019.

Top Manufacturers

Fourteen automotive brands including Acura, Aston Martin, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Chevrolet Corvette, Ferrari, Ford, Lamborghini, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Nissan, and Porsche are currently entered in the 2017 WeatherTech Championship. Honda, McLaren and MINI are also official partners of IMSA, making a total of 17 at the current time with more currently under discussion.

Most of the top vehicle marques entered in the WeatherTech Championship are Michelin customers who have chosen Michelin tires for their premier production vehicles,” said Pascal Couasnon, global director of motorsport for Michelin Group. “The technology, innovation and relationships that we develop together with the manufacturers in competition helps Michelin to better meet their needs, and ultimately the expectations of their owners and fans.

Michelin’s increased IMSA presence in 2019 includes becoming the exclusive tire for the IMSA Prototype Challenge – which utilizes global LMP3 race cars – and the IMSA Michelin SportsCar Challenge.

We are seeing tremendous interest in the LMP3, GT4, and TCR classes internationally and are pleased to have the opportunity to work with IMSA to develop these vehicle platforms going forward,” Couasnon said.

On an international basis, Michelin currently competes in the FIA World Rally Championship, FIA Formula E Championship, the FIM MotoGP World Championship, and the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC), which includes the 24 Hours of Le Mans where Michelin teams have celebrated the overall win for 20 consecutive years.

IMSA also has a long-running strategic partnership with the FIA WEC and the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO), which organizes the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

This collaboration with Michelin will inherently make it more seamless for IMSA teams competing internationally and at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and for international teams wishing to compete in the WeatherTech Championship,” said Atherton.

Michelin Motorsports

Michelin has supported IMSA since the founding of the predecessor American Le Mans Series in 1999 and is the current technical partner of choice of BMW, Chevrolet Corvette, Ford Performance, Porsche GT Team and the Risi Competizione Ferrari in the WeatherTech Championship GT Le Mans class.

Michelin is the official tire of Sebring International Raceway, Road Atlanta, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park and VIRginia International Raceway, where it is the title sponsor of the Michelin GT Challenge at VIR.
http://www.endurance-info.com/en/imsa-n ... g-in-2019/
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

"The Pass" has its successor.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Penske enters an Oreca for Petit Le Mans!

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/09/2 ... ca-07.html

With JPM, Helio and Pagenaud. Will make the race a must-watch (even more than previously).
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Jake Kilshaw wrote:AKKA ASP Wins; Bortolotti, Engelhart Crowned Champions

AKKA ASP won its first Blancpain GT Series race in 12 months on Sunday afternoon while Grasser Racing Team’s Mirko Bortolotti and Christian Engelhart were crowned champions in the series finale.

A strong showing from several Mercedes-AMG GT3s over the weekend led to the No. 88 AKKA ASP car winning the three-hour series finale at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya with Tristan Vautier taking it across the line.

He was joined by local driver Daniel Juncadella and Felix Serralles for the car’s only podium finish of the season and defends his victory after winning the Sprint Cup round at Barcelona last year.

While Sprint Cup champion Robin Frijns crossed the line in second after putting his Team WRT Audi R8 LMS on pole earlier in the day, a third-place finish was enough to win Bortolotti and Engelhart the overall Blancpain GT championship.

The Grasser Racing Team drivers also wrapped up the Endurance Cup honors along with co-driver Andrea Caldarelli.

Luck played into the No. 63 Lamborghini Huracan GT3’s favor midway through the race as its sole competitor, the No. 8 Bentley Team M-Sport Continental GT3, retired.

Andy Soucek reported a loss of power in the Bentley before coming to a halt in the pit lane. He was in the Endurance Cup title fight along with Maxime Soulet and Vincent Abril.

Abril was also the only driver capable of denying Bortolotti and Engelhart the overall title.

The Grasser drivers won four of the first six races of the season but haven’t stood on the top step of the podium since the Silverstone round in May.

They retired in the Total 24 Hours of Spa but took valuable points by leading at the halfway point.

Bortolotti and Engelhart finish the season on 153 points in the overall standings while Maxi Buhk and Franck Perera overtook Abril to finish second, on 120 points.

The three Grasser drivers scored 86 points in the Endurance Cup giving them a seven-point advantage over the Bentley trio.

Engelhart started the Barcelona race from second but lost positions as the race got underway and fell out of the top five until after the first round of pit stops.

With Caldarelli and Bortolotti in the car for the rest of the race, the Lamborghini stayed in third for most of the remaining two stints.

The Bentley started from 28th after a poor qualifying session but soon made its way up the field, taking ten positions in the first few minutes.

Soucek broke the top ten after slightly over one hour had been completed and engaged in a lengthy battle with ROWE Racing’s Alexander Sims before the mechanical issue forced him into the pits.

After a failed attempt to take the lead in the chicane at the end of the last lap, Frijns finished 0.719 seconds behind Vautier’s Mercedes while Bortolotti was a further 40 seconds back.

Maxi Buhk and Adam Christodoulou made it three Mercedes in the top five with their HTP Motorsport and Team Black Falcon-run cars, respectively.

Barwell Motorsport took home the Pro-Am Cup win with its No. 77 Lamborghini driven by Patrick Kujala, Hunter Abbott and Martin Kodric while Pierre Ehret and Rino Mastronardi won in the Am Cup for Rinaldi Racing.

Alexander Matschull wrapped up the overall Pro-Am title while co-driver Daniel Keilwitz, who missed one round, finished second. Jonny Adam and Ahmad Al Harthy previously secured the Pro-Am Endurance title at Spa.

A dominant season for David Perel in the Am Cup gave the South African driver a 77-point lead in the overall class standings while he won the Am Endurance cup by 11 points along with Jacques Duyver and Marco Zanuttini.

A ten-minute safety car period was called during the first hour after the No. 82 Grasser Lamborghini went off into the gravel at the final corner.

Three other short full course yellows were also brought out throughout the race to collect debris.
http://sportscar365.com/sro/blancpain-g ... champions/
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

John Dagys wrote:Toyota Claims 1-2 Finish in Weather-Shortened 6H Fuji

Toyota Gazoo Racing has claimed a 1-2 finish in Sunday’s weather-shortened Six Hours of Fuji.

The No. 8 Toyota TS050 Hybrid of Kazuki Nakajima, Sebastien Buemi and Anthony Davidson have been declared winners, completing 115 laps in the rain-soaked and fog-impacted race, which saw seven safety car periods and two red flags.

A safety car was deployed for visibility with 1 hour and 40 minutes to go, with the red coming out ten minutes later and the race being officially called with 14 minutes left on the clock.

The decision came despite an attempt to restart the race for a ten-minute shootout, but was ultimately reversed due to worsening conditions.

It marked only the third shortened race in WEC history, and second at Fuji Speedway.

Davidson, in his return to the team after missing Circuit of The Americas, did not drive in the race due to the pair of red flags, which began with a 33-minute stoppage in the second hour, also for fog.

Toyota’s victory, its first since the Six Hours of Spa in May, came in a dominant run in wet conditions.

While the pole-sitting No. 2 Porsche 919 Hybrid of Earl Bamber stretched out into an early lead, it was eliminated with the second safety car at the end of the opening hour.

The car went a lap down in the third hour after Timo Bernhard struggled in the conditions, and lost out when making a green flag pit stop.

Championship leaders Bernhard, Bamber and Brendon Hartley finished fourth behind the sister No. 1 Porsche, which also was unable to match the Toyotas in the wet.

The result keeps both the Drivers’ and Manufacturers’ Championships mathematically alive for Nakajioma, Buemi and Toyota heading into next month’s penultimate round of the season in Shanghai.

The No. 1 Porsche rebounded from a front nose change after Lotterer made contact with Buemi and lost a dive plane in the opening hour, moments after the green after starting the safety car start.

Vaillante Rebellion, meanwhile, picked up LMP2 honors, with Bruno Senna, Julien Canal and Nico Prost claiming their second class win in the last three races in the No. 31 Oreca 07 Gibson.

The Anglo-Swiss squad led virtually from the start, and has clawed further points away from class championship leaders Jackie Chan DC Racing, which finished third with Oliver Jarvos, Ho-Pin Tung and Thomas Laurent.

Laurent, who like fellow Silver-rated driver Canal, did not drive in the race but is expected to still earn championship points due to the circumstances.

Nico Lapierre, Andre Negrao and Gustavo Menezes came home second in class in the No. 36 Signatech Alpine A470 Gibson, after battling early race issues.
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/toyo ... d-6h-fuji/
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

https://www.speedcafe.com/2017/10/19/su ... ams-block/

The Aussie' Supercars take-over of Australian GT has been blocked by the Confederation of Australian Motorsport. I am a bit surprised by this to be honest.

EDIT: OK, so it turns out that CAMS owns the rights to the category (didn't realise that for some reason, I thought it was the Quinns!) and going by their explanation Supercars didn't offer them enough money for the category management agreement.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2017/10/19/ca ... -takeover/
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Ferrari Challenge now on http://live.ferrari.com/ @ Mugello.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Herberth Motorsport leads first ever Hankook 24H COTA at halfway point

The Herberth Motorsport Porsche 991 GT3 R (#911, Daniel Allemann / Ralf Bohn / Robert Renauer / Alfred Renauer) currently leads the inaugural Hankook 24H COTA USA. The German team is one lap ahead of its closest rival, the Black Falcon Mercedes-AMG GT3 (#3, Ben Keating / Jeroen Bleekemolen / Abdulaziz Al Faisal / Luca Stolz) having spent most of the opening 14 hours on the same lap. Further back, the ROFGO Racing Mercedes-AMG GT3 (#31, Roald Goethe / Stuart Hall / Jamie Campbell-Walter / Nicolas Minassian) finished 3rd on the road, but will forfeit its position in-class with an overnight gearbox change. The Manthey Racing Porsche 991 GT3 R (#13, Steve Smith / Randy Walls / Hari Proczyk / Dennis Olsen) will step up to round out both the overall and A6-Pro top three.

The Car Collection Motorsport Audi R8 LMS (#34, Johannes Dr. Kirchhoff / Gustav Edelhoff / Elmar Grimm / Ingo Vogler / Max Edelhoff) tops the A6-Am standings having pulled a 10–lap advantage over the V8 Racing Chevrolet Corvette C6-ZR1 (#18, Luc Braams / Duncan Huisman / Alex van t’Hoff / Rick Abresch / Nicolas Vandierendonck). The Leipert Motorsport Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo (#10, Harald Schlotter / Aleksander Schjerpen / John-Louis Jasper / Vic Rice / Niels Lagrange) is currently 3rd in-class.

In a shock moment, the reigning 24H SERIES champions have retired from the race, heavy collision damage for the Hofor-Racing powered by Car Collection Mercedes-AMG GT3 (#1, Michael Kroll / Chantal Kroll / Kenneth Heyer / Christiaan Frankenhout / Jörg Viebahn) eliminating the team from the race.

The PROsport Performance Porsche 991 Cup (#85, Charles Putman / Charles Espenlaub / Joe Foster) has taken a decisive lead in both the 991 Class and the Championship of the Continents at the Circuit of the Americas. Also competing on home turf, the Freem USA Porsche 991-II Cup (#50, Danny Stutterd / Sam Fillmore / Stephen Grove) lies 2nd in-class ahead of the Slidesports Pallex Porsche 991 Cup (#47, Dave Fairbrother / Nigel Armstrong / Graeme Mundy / Colin Paton).

The MARC Cars Australia MARC Mazda V8 (#210, Jake Camilleri / Keith Kassulke / Morgan Haber / Hadrian Morrall) leads the way in SP2. Five laps further back is the sister entry (#214, Malcolm Niall / Clint Harvey / Brett Niall / Robert Thomson), while the VDS Racing Adventures MARC Focus V8 (#58, Raphaël van der Straten / Thierry de Latre du Bosqueau /Joël Vanloocke / Tom van Rompuy / José Close) completes an all-MARC top three in-class.

The Brookspeed International Motorsport Porsche Cayman GT4 MR (#41, Freddie Hunt / David Pattison / Alan Metni / Joseph Toussaint) currently leads the SP3 standings, despite a heavy collision in qualifying. After suffering a broken wishbone, the Aston Martin Lagonda Vantage GT8 (#232, Andy Palmer / Peter Cate / Paul Hollywood / John Hindhaugh) is 2nd in-class while the JR Motorsport BMW E90 (#118, Ward Sluys / Pieter van Soelen / Ted van Vliet / Marco Poland) lies 12 laps behind after recovering from mechanical woes.

CUP1 is led by the Classic BMW M235i Racing Cup (#158, Mike Vess / Jason Hart / Matt Travis / John Capesstro-Dubets / Max Fedler). Mechanical woes for the QSR Racingschool BMW M235i Racing Cup (#161, Rodrigue Gillion / Emilie Liljeström / Mckay Snow / Tommy Graberg / John Mauro) leave the Belgian team just ahead of the Sorg Rennsport BMW M235i Racing Cup (#151, Alexander W. Wetzlich / Simon Tibbett / Benito Tagle / Ray Mason / Quinten Nelson).

The Team Altran Peugeot 308 Racing Cup (#308, Guillaume Roman / Gonzalo Martin de Andres / Thierry Blaise / Marc Guillot) leads the TCR class. The reigning Touring Car champions heads the sister Peugeot 308 Racing Cup (#908, Stéphane Ventaja / Thierry Boyer / Michel Derue / François Riaux) and the NKPP Racing by Bas Koeten Racing SEAT Leon TCR (#125, Gijs Bessem / Harry Hilders / Rob Rappange / Willem Meijer).

Having started from category pole position, the Team Eva Solo / Jönsson Consulting Peugeot RCZ (#171, Jan Engelbrecht / Thomas Sørensen / Henrik Sørensen / Claus Bertelsen / Søren Jønsson) now leads the A2 standings. The newly crowned A2 class champions have pulled a gap to the THRW Honda Racing Honda Civic Si (#183, Douglas Chan / Jeremy Lucas / Scott Nicol / Ryan Eversley) and the sister #184 entry (Calvin Tam / Michael Tsay / Lawrence Hwang / Derek Ferretti), both of which are competing on home soil.

Overnight, cars will be kept under parc fermé conditions. Tomorrow, the race will be resumed from 08.00 till 18.00 hrs
http://www.endurance-info.com/en/herber ... way-point/
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

Unfortunately there won't be a Hampton Downs 12 Hour this year.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/02/21/ha ... lved-2018/