Greetings from Kansas.

New to the forum? Say hello!
Returning members, feel free to reintroduce yourselves.
myownalias
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Daniel Ricciardo
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Ford Fusion (3.0L V6)

Post by myownalias »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Puhis wrote: 6 years ago Welcome to The Fastlane! You'll like it here. Quite possibly the best place to discuss motorsport there is.

Aside from a pub, of course.
Thanks, could you kindly direct me to the bar? I hope it has real beer, not the training beers we have here in the good ol' US of A!
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownaliasFormula 1 Articles
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

myownalias wrote: 6 years ago I hope it has real beer, not the training beers we have here in the good ol' US of A!
Hehehe the one thing I miss about the 'old dart' is a decent pint, rather than the shite they produce here in Aus generally. Actually there are a couple of traditional real ale type breweries operating here now, but few and far between. But it has taken them over 30 years. (My time here) Good job that in the absence of a decent beer here they produce some mighty fine red wines. Hence I drink red like I would beer.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

myownalias wrote: 6 years ago
Puhis wrote: 6 years ago Welcome to The Fastlane! You'll like it here. Quite possibly the best place to discuss motorsport there is.

Thanks, could you kindly direct me to the bar? I hope it has real beer, not the training beers we have here in the good ol' US of A!
There's the "high end" pub, which, frankly is ... ermm ... yeah, move along: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14187&start=465
Then there's the other place, which is the type of place your mother warned you about: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12886&start=1575

:P
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

You've come to the right place my friend. Over the past few years I've become a bit of a beer snob and indulge regularly in the national craft beer scene. Though I won't say no to a free light beer if someone hands me one.
myownalias
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by myownalias »

kals wrote: 6 years ago

You've come to the right place my friend. Over the past few years I've become a bit of a beer snob and indulge regularly in the national craft beer scene. Though I won't say no to a free light beer if someone hands me one.
I'm lucky in that regard, there is local international beer and spirits outlet, so I can get ales from the UK, they even stock Iron Maiden's beer from time to time. Plus there are some local micro breweries that have some good beers.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

myownalias wrote: 6 years agoI'm lucky in that regard, there is local international beer and spirits outlet, so I can get ales from the UK, they even stock Iron Maiden's beer from time to time. Plus there are some local micro breweries that have some good beers.
Same here, there's a great local liquor store in my town with international beers plus some amazing craft beer. What local micro breweries are near you? Any favourites?
myownalias
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by myownalias »

myownalias wrote: 6 years agoI'm lucky in that regard, there is local international beer and spirits outlet, so I can get ales from the UK, they even stock Iron Maiden's beer from time to time. Plus there are some local micro breweries that have some good beers.
Same here, there's a great local liquor store in my town with international beers plus some amazing craft beer. What local micro breweries are near you? Any favourites?
Bricktown Brewery and River City Brewery has a good selection of beers and some amazing food.

Although I stay at home more often than not, my drinking and partying days are over, I'm a family man now!
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Bricktown Brewery and River City Brewery has a good selection of beers and some amazing food.

Although I stay at home more often than not, my drinking and partying days are over, I'm a family man now!
Yup, know that feeling. This conversation is making me thirsty. I've got a couple of different IPAs in my fridge waiting for me.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

I haven't got around to saying a warm welcome to you @myownalias! I couldn't quite place your name until I remembered our chat on forumula1.com. Good to see you have joined the fold :thumbsup:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
myownalias
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by myownalias »

PTRACER wrote: 6 years ago I haven't got around to saying a warm welcome to you @myownalias! I couldn't quite place your name until I remembered our chat on forumula1.com. Good to see you have joined the fold :thumbsup:
Yes, I remembered that conversation too and searched out your profile for the link to this forum. Sadly, things have gotten slower and slower over there, I need my fix of good F1 discussion. It's sad to see Forumula 1 in the state it currently is, it used to be one of the biggest and most lively F1 forums online about 3 or 4 years ago.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

PTRACER wrote: 6 years ago I haven't got around to saying a warm welcome to you @myownalias! I couldn't quite place your name until I remembered our chat on forumula1.com. Good to see you have joined the fold :thumbsup:
Yes, I remembered that conversation too and searched out your profile for the link to this forum. Sadly, things have gotten slower and slower over there, I need my fix of good F1 discussion. It's sad to see Forumula 1 in the state it currently is, it used to be one of the biggest and most lively F1 forums online about 3 or 4 years ago.
All forums are like this now, sadly. People can't just 'like' posts on forums and disappear, but Facebook has made this the trend. I think wider society is also suffering as a result of social media. Anyway, there are people here who believe forums will come back eventually and I tend to agree, so we will try to stick this one out until it happens :bye:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
myownalias
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by myownalias »

PTRACER wrote: 6 years ago
All forums are like this now, sadly. People can't just 'like' posts on forums and disappear, but Facebook has made this the trend. I think wider society is also suffering as a result of social media. Anyway, there are people here who believe forums will come back eventually and I tend to agree, so we will try to stick this one out until it happens :bye:
Yes, I love social media, however I think social media has a lot to answer for, not just forums, but in life in general. I used to run lighting and sound for a live music / club venue and lots of people talked about going out and socializing in the real world, but the reality was that they were still on freaking Facebook while the event was happening. Even if people went out, they spent the entire night on their phone, not actually talking to each other in person.

/rant!