Prost sins

Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Prost sins

Post by Antonov »

is it true Prost went after the wife or girlfriend of another racing driver? :jaw:
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

I think it was the significant other of someone in his own team or someone who had been in his own team..

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra + Colorado

Post by strad »

I thought so too but I think we must be thinking of someone else as Prost and his wife have been together since they were young.
Anne-Marie got to know Alain in 1972 - they both were 17. It was love at first sight. Other sources say, that Alain was in love with Anne-Marie since he was 15... Anne-Marie studied in the secondary school in Rive-de-Gier at that time. Due to a friend of her, she was a real super girl who always had lots of friends around her. She was very pretty, always dressed at the latest style, but mainly very good in school and really funny. At the beginning, when she started going out with Alain, she was driving with a girlfriend in a 2CV to see him drive races on a track in the South of France (her parents were not informed about it)...

Alain and Anne Marie got married on Friday, 1st August 1980. They would have married sooner, but they didn't have enough money to do so and both had to live with their parents before for money reasons. They have two sons called Nicolas Jean (born 1981) and Sacha (born 1990).
If a man can't look at danger and still go on, man has stopped living. If the worst ever happens – then it means simply that I've been asked to pay the bill for the happiness of my life – without a moment's regret. Graham Hill
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

There is a famous story that Prost was caught with his pants down (with the wife of a senior Renault team person) on the race morning of the Dutch GP. He was very off colour during the race and there was much speculation as to why. Nigel Roebuck apparently uncovered the story. I'll try to dig it up and post it.
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra + Colorado

Post by strad »

I thought so but couldn't find anything
If a man can't look at danger and still go on, man has stopped living. If the worst ever happens – then it means simply that I've been asked to pay the bill for the happiness of my life – without a moment's regret. Graham Hill
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

The 1983 race?
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

strad wrote:I thought so but couldn't find anything
It's there somewhere, I just need to find it.
Antonov wrote:The 1983 race?
Yes
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Doing google searches I'm finding stuff that suggests Prost was caught with Ducarouge's wife or a senior Renault management person's wife but can't find the article. I'll keep looking.

From memory the story goes that the team member left his wife in the Zandvort hotel room on the race day morning, intending to head to the circuit. At some point he realised he left something in the hotel room, a briefcase I believe, so went back to get it. On entering the hotel room he caught Prost and his wife together.

Prost's performance (on the *ahem* race track) was unusual that day and James Hunt made note of it during the race coverage. The mistake that took him out ultimately contributed to him losing the title to Piquet, then he was subsequently fired by Renault shortly after in a very undistinguished manner.

EDIT - we discussed it in this thread
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Found it...
Nigel Roebuck wrote:I remember, too, the driver who, having taken rather too much post-race liquid refreshment, returned to his pit in the evening, and proceeded to pee all over the engine which had let him down that day. He might have got away with, but sadly it was in front of his major sponsor and his wife...

Then there was the occasion when a team manager, on the morning of a race, left his briefcase at his hotel, and returned to collect it. Upon doing, he was disappointed, shall we say, to find his wife entertaining the team's number one driver.

Made for a somewhat frosty atmosphere, that. Later in the day we were astonished when the driver, most untypically, had a coming-together with a rival, and was out on the spot. It wasn't until much later, upon learning of the earlier events in the day, that we understood that just possibly his mind had been elsewhere that afternoon...
http://forums.autosport.com/topic/82902 ... erring-to/
EB
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by EB »

What about Mrs Laffite?

And Princess Caroline (or was it Stephanie) of Monaco?

Bless the naivety of strad's post!