Ever wanted Bernies car?

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
Hamster
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Ever wanted Bernies car?

Post by Hamster »

Well now you can! For only a cool 30+ grand as its up for sale on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 11868&rd=1
Although ... its a merc, a wagon AND it was owned by Bernie Ecclestone?
No thanks. 8)
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Pffft, I'd prefer a saloon and I wouldn't want a Mercedes and I wouldn't care who the previous owner was :lol: I wonder if Ecclestone had to sit on some cushions so he could see over the steering wheel?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Tom
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Tom »

First off....0-60 in under 4 seconds? Yeh right.

Even if it has been tuned by Mercedes I doubt the chassis or driveshaft could handle that sort of acceleration....it was never designed for it and I doubt could be adapted for it.

Secondly....Mercedes cars depreciate at a horribly alarming rate....who gives a crap if Bernie Eccelstone owned it really? That car was about £50,000 brand new? I'm not sure....but if it's a few years old it would have easily halved, maybe more, in price. Having Bernie as a previous owner does NOT add thousands of pounds onto it. And neither does the tuning that Mercedes have done.

Secondly....it looks boring...like your run of the mill silver (blech blech) Mercedes C Class estate (more blech).....unless you told people and had proof to show them it was Bernies beforehand you'd be driving nothing of any worthiness to anybody....well maybe to some stupid Nova driving chav who wants to race it off the lights. But that's hardly worth paying £30+ grand for.

~ sigh ~
Hamster
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Hamster »

He relisted it but nobody bidded for it. Ba-hahahahaha. :P