Stupid question (My dream is to be a racing marshall)

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
hunthunt

Stupid question (My dream is to be a racing marshall)

Post by hunthunt »

damn sorry, probably wrong forum but

OK, maybe is because i've taken too much Vodka or I don't know but please i would an answer abut somethin:

ibee'n a "marshall" in Rally events here in Chile and in TC events in Argentina, i think im really good because i have been very good rated there (in Argentina) where there's a huge motorsports scene. I don't have a lot of money but my dream is marshalling there in a EUro series, question is: some of you has any remote idea of how execute that idea? I know, I need a helluva lot of money to be there in the first place but i think that my english for example (spoken) is not that bad and im honestly good at this.

Im sorry, and I repeat, I don't know if it's the damn Vodka or what but im tired of Rfactor and shit, i really really want to be there, i have a license for Argentine but that it's obviousy useless in the Euros.

sorry im so drunk lol

bye
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

best thread start ever

I guess talking to your club how to execute your idea would be a good start?
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
hunthunt

Post by hunthunt »

Cheeveer wrote:best thread start ever

I guess talking to your club how to execute your idea would be a good start?
hahah yeah, you knowm ive talked in Argentina bout it but you know here in southamerica is you know everything so "light" they just laugh and say "why would you do something like that"

OK i know, it's impossible, first i need to go to Spain or something and then try to enter to a racing club and shit and I just don't know, my dream is to be in Monza for the F1 or Canada or whatever you know? remember that fat fuck that was almot ran over a couple of years ago in Montreal? can't beieve that there's guys like that marshalling in F1 and not fit and gorgeous guys like me doing it

ok j/k

sorry im way too drunk
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Citroën C2 1.4 (2006)

Post by erwin greven »

Start with stop drinking.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
hunthunt

Post by hunthunt »

very true. Too many family troubles lately and unfulfilled dreams.

thanks.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

I know in the UK there are specific clubs for marshals, in the same way as they have clubs for the drivers (BARC, BRDC both have marshalling sections to my knowledge) In the UK there is also a club specifically catering for marshals..... http://www.marshals.co.uk/about_marshalling.php

You will see in the menus on that site there are sections about marshalls training etc. etc.

A good place to start looking into marshalling in the Argentine / South America might be the local FIA sanctioned club, which happens to be available online: http://www.aca.org.ar/

I am sure if you were to write to them that someone will be able to point you in the right direction of a marshalling club, or an area that handles such matters in the Argentine.

Maybe next time you go to a local race you should try and talk to other marshals after the meeting who might have been selected for special training. Ask them how they started.

A friend of mine here in Australia marshals at a lot of meetings here every year, (his wife also). They have both been regular marshals at the Australian GP. A couple of years ago they travelled to Europe for an extended holiday.... primarily they asked about marshalling at the British GP: They obviously were highly experienced and so got selected to marshall at the British GP. They also asked about other GPs and also scored a further gig at the German GP. When they finally got back here to Melbourne they had a letter from the Singapore GP asking them to go and train their marshals ahead of their GP. So in the end they wound up being invited to marshal at 4 GPs around the world. They had a ball.

Hope this info helps you fulfil your dreams. Good Luck and let us know of any developments of note :thumbsup:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
hunthunt

Post by hunthunt »

Thanks a lot for your words Everso, ive investigated myself a lot tough, that site is well known for me.

I have talked to some people, i know that there's good a chance for the WTCC race in August and even Motogp next year if im lucky enough, i just need a bit of money and have some contacts, I will try my best anyway.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Wish you all the best in 'living the dream'. :thumbsup:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always