Wireless Routers

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra + Colorado

Wireless Routers

Post by strad »

HMMMmmmmmmm
Had reason to hook up the old computer in the the bedroom for the little woman to use in her work.
SO I needed a wireless router; Friends said they had good luck with this NetGear G model, so I bought one.
Welllllll everything hooked up smooth and all is basicly good. Her computer runs fine she's happy, but I notice that at times MY computer now seems to runs slower. Am I daft? I tried to upload a couple of music files to stradsplaces host and damn it seemed way slow,,,then ten minutes later, everything is it's usual speed. Now it's slow again...this is all with her computer turned off btw. :dunno: :?: :???:
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Have you secured it with WPA encryption? Someone else nearby could be using it :dunno:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by strad »

Have you secured it with WPA encryption? Someone else nearby could be using it
Not yet,,but I seriously doubt anyone is parked out in the street using it with their laptop as it was only installed an hour before....but I will encrypt it...I was gonna ask which I should use.....WPA eh? ok.
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by strad »

So far today it's moving along quickly.
It's my fault really...I went with the tried and true G model because I was told the N was new and not compatable with everything like the G is. Appearently they lied..The N is new but they say on the tech sites that it's all sorted. It runs at 100 MBPS,,twice as fast. doubt I'll pay a restocking fee to take this one back and exchange for the N.