[BTCC & Supports] 2014 Season

WTCC, BTCC, DTM and Aussie V8s
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I will have to pop along to a BTCC race this year...
kart99
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kart99 »

Team HARD line-up (so far):

TOC

James Cole

Jack Goff
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Goff's fluro stripe look livery is so 2009! :suspicious: :sarcasm: :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

16 different cars in BTCC, 16 cars in total in STCC (if we're being optimistic). TTA was the wrong way to go, man.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Cheeveer wrote:16 different cars in BTCC, 16 cars in total in STCC (if we're being optimistic). TTA was the wrong way to go, man.
And also V8SC has gone from 2 different cars to 4 this year with the inclusion of Nissan and Mercedes to the age old Ford and Holden.
I think we have a total of 28 registered contracted starters in the Championship.

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

STCC run silhouttes too. I'm being a bit bitter now. At least those cars are faster than the NGTC-cars, but meh.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
kart99
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kart99 »

Plato fastest in Practice 1. BMW's look quick as well.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Great weekend of BTCC racing. Glad Paul Menard's doppleganger wasn't hurt in that wreck. Always worry about racecars with doors not welded shut in those type of accidents.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Crap weekend of BTCC racing, Brands Indy is a rubbish track for BTCC. The overtaking was minimal, and the few times it did happen was because people bumped them wide. I know some people like that, but doing the pitt manoeuvre isn't racing.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

I enjoyed the BTCC races. There was a bit of bumping and then there was Andrew Jordan, which was pretty funny. I'm not sure what was going on with Frank Wrathall in race 2. The incident with Turks was silly but I find it hard to blame him for the incident with Austin. The race ending bump with Matt Neal was tough, but typical in this type of close racing.

Glad Rob Austin got out of his car with relative ease after his accident. It was a scary hit and something that made me wince when watching the replays. Apparantly the car isn't as badly damaged as everyone originally feared, so he should be out for Donington Park.

One thing I noticed during the races yesterday, is that perhaps the 3 race agenda needs to change or be scaled back. Yesterday there was a lot of desperation with some people's driving, which meant others suffered as a consequence. It was intense and exciting but there was a lack of patience, Andrew Jordan in race 1 is an obvious example. I'm thinking that going back to 2 races per weekend, each of those being longer would be better for the championship.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

kals wrote: One thing I noticed during the races yesterday, is that perhaps the 3 race agenda needs to change or be scaled back. Yesterday there was a lot of desperation with some people's driving, which meant others suffered as a consequence. It was intense and exciting but there was a lack of patience, Andrew Jordan in race 1 is an obvious example. I'm thinking that going back to 2 races per weekend, each of those being longer would be better for the championship.
Yeah in the V8SC we tend to have a Saturday Quali and race plus a Sunday quali with race nowadays, changing from three races per weekend that was favoured by some events. Now we have two races of say 150 - 250 klms in length...... long enough to warrant a fuel and tyre stop to liven things up a bit.

Of course they have gone a step too far possibly with their involvement of two mandatory use tyre compounds as F1

kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Sadly though the races and lengths are short enough to hold the attention span of the average TV viewer. Going to longer races will mean ITV and BTCC may lose some casual viewers.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Plus they'd have the expense of adding all the refuelling gear.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

I'm not suggesting endurance racing Ian, rather merely extending the races by a handful of laps. So the Brands Indy races would run 2 x 36 laps instead of 3 x 24 laps. The cars would have to have slightly larger fuel tanks and the tyres life would need to be extended. That's all.

Another thing that I noticed was almost completely absent yesterday was any credible coverage of the Jack Sears Trophy, or anyone outside the top 10.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

I have felt the same way about the F1 - the "others" don't seem to get much showing,
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Yes & Yes.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.