NASCAR 2019 - News and Discussion

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

Bottom post of the previous page:

It feels like the same drivers would win the titles, just in different seasons.

Reddick had like 7 Top 5s when he won the Busch title last season, he had 20 Top 5s this season.

Even the old NASCAR point system would make Shrub's 2015 title impossible. Didier Pironi could still have won 1982 F1 WDC despite sitting out six races (he led the points after 4 of these six rounds IIRC).
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Jimmie Johnson set to step back after 2020 season

Seven-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Jimmie Johnson announced via social media that 2020 will mark his final full season of competition.

“I’m so thankful for 18 incredible years of racing in NASCAR,” said Johnson, 44, on Twitter. “The sport has been good to me. It has allowed me to do something I truly love. I showed up chasing a dream and achieved more than I ever thought possible. I’m looking forward to next season and celebrating what will be my last year as a full-time NASCAR Cup driver. I know what this team is capable of, and I hope 2020 is one of the best yet.”

Johnson, who has spent his entire Cup Series career in Hendrick Motorsports’ No. 48 Chevrolet, is expected to address the media tomorrow afternoon regarding his decision.

Johnson’s seven Cup Series titles tie him with Dale Earnhardt and Richard Petty for the most all-time. He is currently tied with Cale Yarborough for sixth on the all-time win list with 83 victories, the most recent coming at Dover in June of 2017, although he did win the non-points Daytona Clash this past February.
https://racer.com/2019/11/20/jimmie-joh ... 20-season/
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Jimmie's the ultimate wheelman. His ability to drive loose cars with enormous power left even drivers like Jeff Gordon in awe. It's no wonder he's had enough now. The current package is a crapshoot at the best of times. More about the car and track position, like a plate race and raw talent can't make as much of a difference as during Jimmie's championship years. It's the same reason Tony Stewart left too.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Really bummed about this, Jimmie is the last guy left that I rooted for as a kid, they’ve all retired within the last 4-5 years too... Gordon, Earnhardt Jr, Stewart, Kahne, Biffle, Kenseth, Edwards..
JR90
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by JR90 »

Premium Motorsports, Spire Motorsports, and Rick Ware Racing just got penalized and fined for manipulating the outcome of the Homestead race:

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/ ... torsports/
Bring back the sheep.