Page 4 of 32

Re: 2020 NTT IndyCar series - News, gossip, banter and all the other good stuff

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 20:35 pm
by kals

Latest post of the previous page:

So I see Ganassi has re-signed Kimball.... I mean re-signed Chilton... I mean signed Ericsson...

Fuck this, I'm going for a lie down.

Re: 2020 NTT IndyCar series - News, gossip, banter and all the other good stuff

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 20:59 pm
by John
kals wrote:
1 year ago
So I see Ganassi has re-signed Kimball.... I mean re-signed Chilton... I mean signed Ericsson...

Fuck this, I'm going for a lie down.
You need a strong drink there, pal? Bleach? Rum?

Re: 2020 NTT IndyCar series - News, gossip, banter and all the other good stuff

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 21:08 pm
by kals
John wrote:
1 year ago
kals wrote:
1 year ago
So I see Ganassi has re-signed Kimball.... I mean re-signed Chilton... I mean signed Ericsson...

Fuck this, I'm going for a lie down.
You need a strong drink there, pal? Bleach? Rum?
Bundle me up in some Tetra Pak wrapping... :whistling:

Re: 2020 NTT IndyCar series - News, gossip, banter and all the other good stuff

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 21:36 pm
by Cheeveer
kals wrote:
1 year ago
So I see Ganassi has re-signed Kimball.... I mean re-signed Chilton... I mean signed Ericsson...

Fuck this, I'm going for a lie down.
Ericsson has started his own team, by renting space and mechanics from Ganassi's soon-to-be-over-Ford GT program.

Re: 2020 NTT IndyCar series - News, gossip, banter and all the other good stuff

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 21:36 pm
by John
kals wrote:
1 year ago
John wrote:
1 year ago
kals wrote:
1 year ago
So I see Ganassi has re-signed Kimball.... I mean re-signed Chilton... I mean signed Ericsson...

Fuck this, I'm going for a lie down.
You need a strong drink there, pal? Bleach? Rum?
Bundle me up in some Tetra Pak wrapping... :whistling:
If the milk at Indy doesn’t come in a Tetra Pak next year I’ll riot.

Re: 2020 NTT IndyCar series - News, gossip, banter and all the other good stuff

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 22:12 pm
by kals
John wrote:
1 year ago
kals wrote:
1 year ago
John wrote:
1 year ago
kals wrote:
1 year ago
So I see Ganassi has re-signed Kimball.... I mean re-signed Chilton... I mean signed Ericsson...

Fuck this, I'm going for a lie down.
You need a strong drink there, pal? Bleach? Rum?
Bundle me up in some Tetra Pak wrapping... :whistling:
If the milk at Indy doesn’t come in a Tetra Pak next year I’ll riot.
Well if the milk comes to Indy in Tetra Pak, expect cheese. Not sure how that'll go down with the winner

Re: 2020 NTT IndyCar series - News, gossip, banter and all the other good stuff

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 22:33 pm
by Vassago
I'd take Ericsson over Kimball tbh :tongue:

The guy from Reigate doesn't even qualify for analysis.

Re: 2020 NTT IndyCar series - News, gossip, banter and all the other good stuff

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 08:41 am
by Ian-S
Vassago wrote:
1 year ago

The guy from Reigate doesn't even qualify for analysis.
Oi you mo... oh you're not talking about me.....? Hahaha.

@John yes Rain-X is that good but no it doesn't work with oil very well, just water. You are supposed to use the windscreen wipers every so often but I never dropped below 60 so didn't need them lol.

Re: 2020 NTT IndyCar series - News, gossip, banter and all the other good stuff

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 08:47 am
by John
Now that the first domino has fallen, that leaves:

- The two SPAM cars
- The possible third RLL entry
- The possible fourth CGR car for Askew
- The #20 car for the road courses
- All Carlin cars

Did I miss anything?

Re: 2020 NTT IndyCar series - News, gossip, banter and all the other good stuff

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 09:32 am
by MonteCristo
John wrote:
1 year ago
Now that the first domino has fallen, that leaves:

- The two SPAM cars
- The possible third RLL entry
- The possible fourth CGR car for Askew
- The #20 car for the road courses
- All Carlin cars

Did I miss anything?
Technically Juncos.

*make it happen noises* Veekay will surely end up somewhere... But it'll be Carlin or Juncos, surely. He wants a full season.

Re: 2020 NTT IndyCar series - News, gossip, banter and all the other good stuff

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:00 am
by John
MonteCristo wrote:
1 year ago
John wrote:
1 year ago
Now that the first domino has fallen, that leaves:

- The two SPAM cars
- The possible third RLL entry
- The possible fourth CGR car for Askew
- The #20 car for the road courses
- All Carlin cars

Did I miss anything?
Technically Juncos.

*make it happen noises* Veekay will surely end up somewhere... But it'll be Carlin or Juncos, surely. He wants a full season.
Also missed the two Foyt cars. If there is two cars remaining, that is.

https://racer.com/2019/10/12/mclaren-cl ... r-line-up/

Sounds like Zak Brown is keen on Hinch for 2020 then.

Re: 2020 NTT IndyCar series - News, gossip, banter and all the other good stuff

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:15 am
by MonteCristo
John wrote:
1 year ago
MonteCristo wrote:
1 year ago
John wrote:
1 year ago
Now that the first domino has fallen, that leaves:

- The two SPAM cars
- The possible third RLL entry
- The possible fourth CGR car for Askew
- The #20 car for the road courses
- All Carlin cars

Did I miss anything?
Technically Juncos.

*make it happen noises* Veekay will surely end up somewhere... But it'll be Carlin or Juncos, surely. He wants a full season.
Also missed the two Foyt cars. If there is two cars remaining, that is.

https://racer.com/2019/10/12/mclaren-cl ... r-line-up/

Sounds like Zak Brown is keen on Hinch for 2020 then.
If there are 2 Foyt cars after ABC leaves...

Re: 2020 NTT IndyCar series - News, gossip, banter and all the other good stuff

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:17 am
by MonteCristo
John wrote:
1 year ago

https://racer.com/2019/10/12/mclaren-cl ... r-line-up/

Sounds like Zak Brown is keen on Hinch for 2020 then.
I have to say that a line-up of Hinch and Askew would be really, really underwhelming.

Hinch is a great guy, but average driver. Maybe Askew will end up being something (who knows?), but it's not exactly a statement of intent.

Re: 2020 NTT IndyCar series - News, gossip, banter and all the other good stuff

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:58 am
by John
There's plenty of good-but-not-great drivers out there. Daly and Hinch at the top of that pile.

Veekay negotiating with ECR but Special Ed isn't too keen on giving him a full time ride.

Re: 2020 NTT IndyCar series - News, gossip, banter and all the other good stuff

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:09 pm
by MonteCristo
John wrote:
1 year ago
There's plenty of good-but-not-great drivers out there. Daly and Hinch at the top of that pile.

Veekay negotiating with ECR but Special Ed isn't too keen on giving him a full time ride.
At least Daly might grow into something... Hinch is a known "meh" quantity. But he's PR friendly. I'd go for someone like Hartley though. Kiwi (Mac history aww story arc), and half decent.

Ideal scenario: Hinch goes to Rahal. Macca gets someone else. More cars for the win.

Re: 2020 NTT IndyCar series - News, gossip, banter and all the other good stuff

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 14:17 pm
by John
MonteCristo wrote:
1 year ago
But he's PR friendly.
Which is funny considering that Arrow went nuts over the ESPN body issue shoot and forced SPM to shaft their PR-manager. :tongue:

There's also the prospect of Felipe Nasr doing a part-time schedule in 2020. Foyt have confirmed the #14 as full time since some time back, the #4 is TBA as of yet. Santucci is still in the wings too.

A quick glance on the interwebs gives these cars as TBA still:

Foyt
#4 (FT/PT?)
#14 (FT)

SPAM
#7 (if nothing happens with Hinch - FT)

Carlin
#23 (FT)
#59 (FT)

Dale Coyne
#19 (FT - Santucci?)

ECR
#20 (road courses)
#21 FT)

Juncos
#32 (FT - here's hoping anyway)

Meyer Shank Racing
#60 (FT - an alliance with someone incoming?)

Which would net 25 FT entries if the #4, #32 and both the Carlin entries goes full-time. And that's still not counting a possible CGR entry for Askew. I don't think Chip will go FT with Askew, but he has an IMSA crew in need of work and the cost is practically the same for an IMSA entry as a FT Indycar entry, so here's hoping.