kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Yes it was a great gamble by RHR and Andretti, even if I believe he didn't deserve the win. But then again that all came about thanks to Special Ed's utter idiocy.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Kind of. But the right call at the right time. Like Huertas in Houston, only RHR had to actually pass a lot of cars on very little time.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

I very much agree with you on both those points.
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Finale at Fontana this weekend. Will Penske lose it again?

Aleshin is out after a nasty wreck in practice. http://instagram.com/p/sTornECxfJ/
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Cheeveer wrote:Finale at Fontana this weekend. Will Penske lose it again?
You never know your luck in the big City. Ooooh Hush may mouthImage .......but the form book has Power in the fence after about 50laps. Image His lead is a bit more than previously I think (TBH I dont know how many points for a win over the placesthat score points in Indycar.) :dunno:
Cheeveer wrote:Aleshin is out after a nasty wreck in practice. http://instagram.com/p/sTornECxfJ/

Ouch. That is fairly high G going on there I would think, cos there was fair speed in the impact, and a fairly flat hit more than a glancing blow....

Did something break?
Or was it because he came lower than the line and onto the apron, maybe upsetting the ground clearance/aero balance that would. But it was a mighty hit and one that would have got the innocent car that ended up getting involved through no fault of their own. He would not know what had hit him. Nothing really seem to want to stay in the air, so maybe the new upgrade / design does work as intended, and no sign of any of the 'big air' habits of the old pre sidepod/enclosed rear wheel look.

I did not see any fire either other than the initial flash, and that can only be good.

Both guys a bit fortunate to not be injured in that, although I am sure there will be a few aches and bruises in the morning.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Cheeveer wrote:Finale at Fontana this weekend. Will Penske lose it again?

Aleshin is out after a nasty wreck in practice. http://instagram.com/p/sTornECxfJ/
this is the same video in a slightly better quality
http://www.gazzetta.it/include_hp/VideoWall.shtml?pos=0
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

The DW12 dosnt take car as the old car did... good. Now, it is the racing that is the danger. I think this is the first airbourne wreck since Wheldon?

kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Cheeveer wrote:I think this is the first airbourne wreck since Wheldon?
Sam
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sam »

Also

---

So, Will Power finally gets that elusive first championship. I'm not the biggest fan but it was great to see him finally succeed after so many near misses. Thoroughly happy for the bloke.

Also, great to see Tony Kanaan take his first win for Ganassi.

Aside from those highpoints, a rather meh championship finale. Few decent dices for positions every now and again and few dramas with pit lane mishaps, but not a cracker of a race, that one...
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: Both guys a bit fortunate to not be injured in that, although I am sure there will be a few aches and bruises in the morning.
I hate to break it to you, but Aleshin did not escape injury in that one, having sustained a concussion, fractured ribs, a broken right clavicle and a chest injury. He remains in a local hospital in a serious, but stable condition.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Cheeveer wrote:The DW12 dosnt take car as the old car did... good. Now, it is the racing that is the danger. I think this is the first airbourne wreck since Wheldon?
Franchitti's career ending crash?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

To be fair I think he means it doesn't take off all by itself, unlike the last car it does actually need a helping hand to get airborne. But that's a bit of a moot point considering.

IMHO they have gone to far reserved with the cars on the ovals and the racing has suffered, I fell asleep before quarter distance last night.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.