New to the forum? Say hello!
Returning members, feel free to reintroduce yourselves.
Jack Reynolds
Favourite Motorsport: F1/Indy Car
Favourite Driver: Bill Vukovich
Favourite Circuit: IMS/ Old SPA

Post by Jack Reynolds »

Happy to join the group. I have a history as a motorsports video camera man as well as some still photo experience. 1965 to 1975.
I have been to the Monaco Gp, 1000 km at the Nurburgring, Indy 500, Numerous other race venues including some boat races. I am a scratchbuilder/ fabricator of large scale model cars in 1/6 and 1/8 scale. All are made from my drawings and sheet metal. My work can be viewed at jackreynoldsmodels.com.
Their are no restrictions on use of the photos and the models are not for sale.
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

Hello ello, welcome to the club.
Albergman
Favourite Motorsport: Vintage racing
Favourite Driver: Portago
Favourite Circuit: Mosport

Post by Albergman »

Jack Reynolds wrote: 6 years ago Happy to join the group. I have a history as a motorsports video camera man as well as some still photo experience. 1965 to 1975.
I have been to the Monaco Gp, 1000 km at the Nurburgring, Indy 500, Numerous other race venues including some boat races. I am a scratchbuilder/ fabricator of large scale model cars in 1/6 and 1/8 scale. All are made from my drawings and sheet metal. My work can be viewed at jackreynoldsmodels.com.
Their are no restrictions on use of the photos and the models are not for sale.
Hi Jack

I'm new here myself in the last couple of weeks but nice to have you here. Quite the CV you have!!

I've been through your collection of scratch built cars tonight and I'm amazed!! SO MANY MODELS!! How long have you been at this? I've taken up scratch building too since I retired and each model takes me months ... years even!!

Wonderful work.

Frank
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Welcome, sir! You certainly have a gift. And thanks for the link to your website.

I think it would be fascinating see a car being put together and the progression of the work, eg the steps before and after this:

How long does an 'average' car take to make?

What's your favourite?
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion