[MotoGP/WSBK/AMA] 2009 Season

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Gibernau's team withdraws from MotoGP :( Now only 17 bikes on the grid.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Autosport.com wrote:Stoner diagnosed with mild anemia

By Pablo Elizalde Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 13:28 GMT

Casey Stoner has been diagnosed with a slight gastritis and mild anaemia after the Australian underwent further tests in the United States last week.

Stoner has been affected by the illness since the Catalunya Grand Prix and doctors were yet to discover the reasons for his slump during the races.

After staying in the United States following the Laguna Seca race, the former world champion underwent further tests and was finally given a verdict.

The Australian says he will now follow the doctors' indications to try and make a full recovery.

Ducati said doctors are sure that with the right treatment Stoner will be back to full fitness in a matter of weeks.

"I have been in USA until Saturday to do all the tests," Stoner said. "First of all I'd like to thanks all the Doctors involved in this, Dr. Ting and Dr. Tuan in the Fremont Surgery Center, Dr. Macchiagodena, Dr. Catani, Dr. Ceccarelli and of course my physiotherapist Freddy.

"Hopefully step by step I will feel better with their indications. I still don't feel like I am 100% but the biggest problem now is the ribs that are very painful after the crash in the USA GP qualifying.

"It will be probably another hard weekend, but as always, we will do our best to stay as much as possible close to the lead of the championship".

Team boss Livio Suppo added: "This is a delicate time for Casey but we know he is made of stern stuff. He will continue to fight like a lion, as he has done in the past few races, even though the crash at Laguna left hits mark on him and that certainly won't help.

"Nicky again rides at a circuit where he has always gone well at in the past and I'm sure he will be able to confirm that the improvement made at Laguna is only the start!"
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Ralf Waldmann to return for this weekends 250cc Donington GP
German ex-250cc vice champion of 1996 makes a return to the 250cc championship this weekend. The 43 year old replaces the Kiefer pilot Leonov who just had a hand surgery.
Waldmann too did one of my all time favourite rides at the 2000 Donigton GP when he started with wet tires on a dry circuit. He got lapped even and felt down to the end of the timing tables but then with a couple laps to go it started to rain and Ralf started one hell of a ride which brought him the victory there finally while all the guys with the slicks could not go the pace anymore

Waldmann too bought the MZ factory in Saxony most recently and is into works to relive the saxon brand
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Oh wow :shock: That is brilliant. I used to support Ralf when I was younger and was at Donington in 2000 when he scored that amazing victory in wet / dry conditions. :thumbsup:
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Waldi was the motorcycling hero of my late teens :thumbsup:
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Ralf Waldmann comes in 18th with just 2.7 secs down after free practice.
Not too bad for the old man. Now, if it only would rain :mrgreen:
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

I think it rained at Donington most of the day. :tongue:
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

kals wrote:I think it rained at Donington most of the day. :tongue:
250cc was the only all dry session! :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Everso Biggyballies wrote:
kals wrote:I think it rained at Donington most of the day. :tongue:
250cc was the only all dry session! :wink:
Good on Waldi :p ... Doctor, Doctor please :p
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

great victory for Dovi, congratulations!
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

caneparo wrote:great victory for Dovi, congratulations!
I'm just watching the race and what a race it is. Congrats Dovi, a well deserved and good win :thumbsup:
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpgrIBaOQUI <<< classic Donington 2000. One of the greatest races and finishes ever! :mrgreen:

The mixed conditions made it really tough today. Huge congrats to Dovi :thumbsup:
VR46
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1, MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: 1966 Cooper- Maserati
Favourite Driver: Gilles

Post by VR46 »

On the days like this, one can feel very rewarding for being die-hard fan of the sport. :thumbsup: to Dovi, Randy and the rest
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Dovizioso received lot of critics by the italian press which judged his first half of the season very unconsistent. Yesterday he showed up the balls and he put so much perssure to Valentino Rossi that he made a mistake. In fact after the race Rossi said that he fell because he was racing for the victory, even if he could have been more conservative as Lorenzo was out of the race.
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Get well soon Casey :wave:
Autosport.com wrote:Stoner to miss next three races

By Steven English Monday, August 10th 2009, 13:17 GMT

Casey Stoner will miss the next three MotoGP rounds as he recovers from the physical problems that have plagued him since the Catalunya GP in June.

The Australian will be replaced at Brno, Indianapolis and Misano by Mika Kallio, who has raced for the Pramac customer Ducati team so far this season, and is scheduled to return for the Portuguese GP in October.

"After five extremely difficult races due to my health, I returned to Australia to visit the sports doctors who have looked after me for many years," said Stoner. "We have taken the difficult decision not to contest the next three rounds of the championship, to allow my body time to recover from the recent stress.

"The doctors believe that during the Barcelona race I was suffering from a virus, and that I subsequently pushed my body too hard, leading to problems that have caused my fatigue since then. The doctors are continuing with many tests to try to understand these problems and make sure it does not happen again.

"I have spoken with Ducati and thank them for their understanding at this time. I feel very sorry for the factory, my team, my sponsors and the fans, and I am also disappointed because the bike in the last races has been very competitive. I will be doing everything possible to come back at full strength for Portugal."

Kallio is looking forward to the opportunity to prove himself on a factory Ducati in the coming races.

"When I took the call I could hardly believe it," said Kallio. "I am proud to be racing the next three events with the Ducati team.

"Obviously I'm not expecting to suddenly be a second quicker, because our bikes are very similar to the official machines, but I hope to be able to pick up some good results for the team.

"I would particularly like to thank [Pramac team boss] Paolo Campinoti, who has allowed me to enjoy this incredible opportunity. It will be a real honour for me. Nonetheless I would like to send my best wishes to Casey and I hope to see him back out on track as soon as possible."

Kallio's place at the Pramac team will be taken by Michel Fabrizio at Brno this weekend.

Ducati team boss Livio Suppo added: "It's obviously difficult for us to contemplate the next three races without Casey, but it's clear that the most important thing at this time is his health.

"We have already overcome tough times together, like when he had to undergo surgery on his scaphoid towards the end of last season. We are united whether in times of success or in times of difficulty. We are confident that the doctors will help solve the issues that have affected him since early June and that Casey will be able to take part in the last races of the year in peak fitness.

"A big thank you to Paolo Campinoti who, as always, has proved to be a great supporter and an ideal partner for Ducati, allowing Mika to ride with the Ducati team for the next three races. Mika is having a really positive debut year in MotoGP and we are delighted that he will be alongside Nicky Hayden in the official works team."
VR46
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1, MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: 1966 Cooper- Maserati
Favourite Driver: Gilles

Post by VR46 »

It will be interesting to see if Kallio will outperform Nicky (and I believe he will even with bum finger) . If it will happen indeed than NiCky will be riding for Pramac next year if he is to stick around.