MotoGP 2007 *Spoilers*

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Checa 3rd on the grid? It's been a while since he's been up there!
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

So this time Rossi went bowling?

Gotta love the guy! :haha:
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Yeah Tenpin Bowling..... first time in 6 races he has had something to celebrate, which must be about his longest ever winless streak. The Ducatis somewhat stifled by the lack of a long straight.

Good news on the Lacatelli score is that it was reported during the coverage that his prognosis is somewhat better than at first feared and it is now said that he is already on his way to a full recovery, with his ankle said to be the thing that will take the longest time to get over by the time he has had it rebuilt and all the physio and surgery neccessary.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Good news about Locatelli then

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Cheeveer wrote:Good news about Locatelli then
Indeed it is..... they are talking of him being ready to return in June for Mugello. That in itself seems an ambitious call from the doctors, particularly as he is still in an (induced) coma, and there was talk of him actually losing his foot. as last night surgeons were most concerned about saving Locatelli's foot for everyday life rather than racing a motorcycle.

Engineers from his team are still trying to work out exactly what happened, as data shows that neither front or rear brake or throttle was evident suggest Locattelli may have actually blacked out immediately after his left foot came off the footpeg, maybe leaving his foot to be run over by the rear wheel. This may tally with boot marks remaining on the track last night.

The rear tyre has no marks on it to show signs of a lock-up, while the carbon swing arm (which has had problems in the past) is in perfect condition.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Dont ask how, but i ended up out of my kart a few years ago and my foot got run over at about 60, and that bloody killed, i can think how much worse it is for Locatelli.
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

The Istanbul MotoGP race wasn't that exiting, at least not for the win. Stoner dominated and won ahead of Toni Elias. Better fighting for third, with Capirossi beating comebacking Barros after a last lap shuffle.
250 was great though, just can't remember who won! :haha:
I want to say Doviciozo but not sure :dunno:

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Did you see the huge accident on the first lap, involving Jacque and three other riders? I think two of them had to be strechered away :shock:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

PTRACER wrote:Did you see the huge accident on the first lap, involving Jacque and three other riders? I think two of them had to be strechered away :shock:
Yes, Pedrosa and Edwards was two of the others, but who was the third?!
Pedrosa walked away from the spot without any limp whatsoever but only got about 50 meters before having to be stretched way. Weird.

Brought back memories from the Barcelona smash-up last year, but this was luckily not as serious.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Chris Vermeulen was the other one.

The problem with them racing at circuits like Istanbul, is that if they fall off, they're guaranteed to land right on something solid. At least if they crash at circuits like Barcelona, they've got gravel to cushion their landing.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

ReneLotus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ReneLotus »

PTRACER wrote:Chris Vermeulen was the other one.

The problem with them racing at circuits like Istanbul, is that if they fall off, they're guaranteed to land right on something solid. At least if they crash at circuits like Barcelona, they've got gravel to cushion their landing.
Gravel doesn't always mean a soft landing though. Just think what happened to Wayne Rainey at Misano a good number of years ago.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

ReneLotus wrote:

Gravel doesn't always mean a soft landing though. Just think what happened to Wayne Rainey at Misano a good number of years ago.
You'll have to tell me, I don't watch motorcycle racing usually :P

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Grass is probably the best surface for motorcycles, but can be the worst for cars

ReneLotus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ReneLotus »

PTRACER wrote:
ReneLotus wrote:

You'll have to tell me, I don't watch motorcycle racing usually :P
Back in '93, Rainey was top dog in 500cc, fell off at Misano, and broke his neck/back on the gravel which was designed to stop cars, not bikes. To make matters worse he got hit by his own bike. I kinda stopped watching motorcycle racing for a good number of years.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Rossi has highly criticized Elias for his pass saying that it's really dangerous driving and he has claimed for a formal warranty, but didn't ask it formally to the federation
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

caneparo wrote:dangerous driving
Dangerous DRIVING?? :tongue: