Page 14 of 15

Re: 2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 14:07 pm
by SB83

Latest post of the previous page:

SB83 wrote:
1 week ago
Didn't catch qualy but 0.434s pole margin! Unless it was in drying conditions again like last week, this is so demoralising for the rest of the field.
I'm glad I said this, otherwise the race would have been boring. :tongue:

Re: 2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 14:41 pm
by Vassago
Everso Biggyballies wrote:
1 week ago
WHAT. A. RACE.
Phenomenal last few laps
To be honest, that was rather boring. Only a touch better than Brno. Cat & mouse between MM & Dovi until things got hot in the last three laps. Shame that Quartararo got dropped from the obvious two. Even Miller decided to crash out and Petrucci got beaten by a KTM on Ducati's best track. That was pathetic.

Re: 2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 15:08 pm
by John
Those last three laps were flippin' great, a great win by Dovi. I thought he was done for when MM lead out of T2 on the last lap.

Re: 2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 15:39 pm
by Vassago
John wrote:
1 week ago
Those last three laps were flippin' great, a great win by Dovi. I thought he was done for when MM lead out of T2 on the last lap.
Neah, MM had a similar advantage on the previous lap and Dovi easily caught him by Turns 9/10 but just didn't want to make a move yet. Anything other than a Ducati win on this track would be a shock.

Re: 2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 16:23 pm
by kals
Dovi Marquez'ed Marquez at the final corner. Similar finish to Lorenzo v Rossi at Catalunya 10 years back.

Re: 2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 09:41 am
by Vassago
Johann Zarco & KTM will part ways at the end of the season :shock: This could spell the end of Zarco's MotoGP career which nose-dived on speed dial this season. I bet he wishes he never left the satellite Yamaha in first place :bye:

Big news yesterday was KTM pulling out of Moto2 after this season. The Red Bull Ajo team will remain with Iker Lecuona as the new signing. KTM will introduce the dreaded Husqvarna brand back to Moto3.

Alex Lowes is leaving Gresini Moto2 as well. He hit a low point of his GP career finishing 24th in Austria in a race where he didn't crash!

Re: 2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 13:53 pm
by John
Zarco sort of lost form halfway through the last season, too. It's a real shame, he showed some real promise and looked like a certain future GP winner at times.

Will the Husqvarna just be rebranded KTMs?

Re: 2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 14:19 pm
by kals
John wrote:
1 week ago
Zarco sort of lost form halfway through the last season, too. It's a real shame, he showed some real promise and looked like a certain future GP winner at times.
Yes, it was around the time Tech 3 announced they were moving to KTM and Yamaha ended progressive support of the team... :whistling:

Re: 2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 14:26 pm
by Vassago
John wrote:
1 week ago
Zarco sort of lost form halfway through the last season, too. It's a real shame, he showed some real promise and looked like a certain future GP winner at times.

Will the Husqvarna just be rebranded KTMs?
Yeah, obviously Husqvarna will be a rebranded KTM bike. Aki Ajo's team run under than banner in 2014 and then Laglisse in 2015 but I doubt Ajo will do it again next season. It appears both Oncu brothers will be full-time in that team. My pick would be the Sterilgarda team of Biaggi & P.Oettl esp. if Canet moves up to Moto2. I wonder if someone like Marcos Ramirez becomes an option for that team in case Canet moves up. He rode for KTM teams the past two seasons before the switch to Leopard Honda.

I read some German press and it appears Husqvarna will be two bikes so very probably a two-bike team.

Re: 2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 14:29 pm
by John
kals wrote:
1 week ago
John wrote:
1 week ago
Zarco sort of lost form halfway through the last season, too. It's a real shame, he showed some real promise and looked like a certain future GP winner at times.
Yes, it was around the time Tech 3 announced they were moving to KTM and Yamaha ended progressive support of the team... :whistling:
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opin ... -bit-upset

I remember this piece by Oxley where he had a bit different take on the matter.

Re: 2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 16:29 pm
by kals
John wrote:
1 week ago
kals wrote:
1 week ago
John wrote:
1 week ago
Zarco sort of lost form halfway through the last season, too. It's a real shame, he showed some real promise and looked like a certain future GP winner at times.
Yes, it was around the time Tech 3 announced they were moving to KTM and Yamaha ended progressive support of the team... :whistling:
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opin ... -bit-upset

I remember this piece by Oxley where he had a bit different take on the matter.
Interesting. I was going to suggest someone should go find Fellon, as not having his mentor / father figure appeared to be part of his undoing. But then I did some digging on Fellon, only to find that the reason Zarco is in the situation he's in is mostly down to Fellon.

While Zarco was announced as a KTM rider in mid-2018, the contract was negotiated and signed by Fellon with KTM at the end of 2017. Fellon then attempted to negotiate with Repsol Honda and Yamaha through 2018 who both made offers for the French rider but Zarco was contractually bound to the Austrian manufacturer. This appears to have caused friction between the two with Zarco then firing his long time manager and mentor.

Re: 2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 19:21 pm
by John
kals wrote:
1 week ago
John wrote:
1 week ago
kals wrote:
1 week ago
John wrote:
1 week ago
Zarco sort of lost form halfway through the last season, too. It's a real shame, he showed some real promise and looked like a certain future GP winner at times.
Yes, it was around the time Tech 3 announced they were moving to KTM and Yamaha ended progressive support of the team... :whistling:
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opin ... -bit-upset

I remember this piece by Oxley where he had a bit different take on the matter.
Interesting. I was going to suggest someone should go find Fellon, as not having his mentor / father figure appeared to be part of his undoing. But then I did some digging on Fellon, only to find that the reason Zarco is in the situation he's in is mostly down to Fellon.

While Zarco was announced as a KTM rider in mid-2018, the contract was negotiated and signed by Fellon with KTM at the end of 2017. Fellon then attempted to negotiate with Repsol Honda and Yamaha through 2018 who both made offers for the French rider but Zarco was contractually bound to the Austrian manufacturer. This appears to have caused friction between the two with Zarco then firing his long time manager and mentor.
Goddamn what a mess this is, and sadly, what seems to be a great waste of a talented and entertaining rider.

Re: 2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 02:00 am
by caneparo
kals wrote:
1 week ago
Dovi Marquez'ed Marquez at the final corner. Similar finish to Lorenzo v Rossi at Catalunya 10 years back.

Image

Re: 2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:49 am
by Vassago
Alex Marquez will stay with Marc VDS in Moto2 next season.

Of course 2021 is when the new charter opens and everyone expects V.Rossi will retire and focus on running his team in MotoGP. Petronas could move to sponsor the factory team while Monster goes back to the current satellite team which becomes VR46. And the prospect of A.Marquez coming to MotoGP looms then. Petronas wants him but Yamaha has objections (related to his brother & Honda ofc ;) ).

Re: 2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 13:43 pm
by kals
I’m sure I read somewhere that Brad Binder will be on a Tech 3 KTM bike in 2020. I’m guessing Oliveira will move to replace Zarco.

Re: 2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 14:47 pm
by Vassago
Yes, during the summer break it was announced B.Binder will replace Hafizh Syahrin at Tech3. Iker Lecuona will take his Moto2 place in the Ajo team.

Lorenzo Dalla Porta confirmed he's moving to Moto2 Italtrans team in 2020 as well.

Tony Arbolino will stay in Moto3 as he wants to do another year even though he says his knees & elbows are hurting because he's too big for this bike anymore :haha: