2018 banter & silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 & Moto3

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.

Moderator: Andy

kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

2018 banter & silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 & Moto3

Post by kals » 2 weeks ago

Time for a 2018 banter thread then? Why do I ask? Jack Miller will replace Scott Redding at Pramac next year, riding a 2017 Ducati alongside Danilo Petrucci who will have a 2018 machine. Redding could go back to Marc VDS.

John
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by John » 2 weeks ago

kals wrote:
2 weeks ago
Time for a 2018 banter thread then? Why do I ask? Jack Miller will replace Scott Redding at Pramac next year, riding a 2017 Ducati alongside Danilo Petrucci who will have a 2018 machine. Redding could go back to Marc VDS.
I'm not at all impressed by Miller this season, despite of the fact that he seems to stay upright more this year. Where are the top Moto2-boys headed?
Born grumpy.

Marcus Ericsson - Future WDC™. Traces of irony can be found in this signature.

kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by kals » 2 weeks ago

John wrote:
2 weeks ago
kals wrote:
2 weeks ago
I'm not at all impressed by Miller this season, despite of the fact that he seems to stay upright more this year. Where are the top Moto2-boys headed?
I've never been impressed with Jack Miller, even before he joined MotoGP.

Morbidelli will be on the MotoGP grid in 2018. I can't remember who he's signed with though.

EDIT - Morbidelli will be staying with MarcVDS for his graduation to MotoGP. Tito Rabat is expected to join Avintia Ducati for 2018.

kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by kals » 5 days ago

I'm not sure how we missed this news but Barcelona was at threat from losing its place on the 2018 calendar following the chicane debacle during this year's race weekend and complaints from riders about the grip of the tarmac. Barcelona will retain its place on the calendar after agreeing to the following updates:

- a complete resurfacing of the track (brought forward by 1-2 years, first resurfacing since 2007)
- extension of run-off at turn 12 (where Salom had his accident) including moving the grandstand and replacing tarmac apron with gravel
- going back to the original track layout, not using the chicane before the final corner

MonteCristo
FMB Representative
FMB Representative
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo » 5 days ago

kals wrote:
5 days ago
- going back to the original track layout, not using the chicane before the final corner
Can we have that for F1, please?
Daniel Ricciardo in F1! Catch the fever!

Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 Guess the Pole Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion

John
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by John » 5 days ago

kals wrote:
5 days ago
I'm not sure how we missed this news but Barcelona was at threat from losing its place on the 2018 calendar following the chicane debacle during this year's race weekend and complaints from riders about the grip of the tarmac. Barcelona will retain its place on the calendar after agreeing to the following updates:

- a complete resurfacing of the track (brought forward by 1-2 years, first resurfacing since 2007)
- extension of run-off at turn 12 (where Salom had his accident) including moving the grandstand and replacing tarmac apron with gravel
Well done by Dorna for putting the necessary pressure on Barcelona and making them (finally) agree to these much needed updates.
Born grumpy.

kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

I agree with you both. And interestingly enough, I think it was one of Mat Oxley's recent articles that suggested the expense of the new motogp chicane could have been better spent on expanding and improving the run off at turn 12... so basically what they'll be doing now!

John
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by John » 5 days ago

kals wrote:
5 days ago
I agree with you both. And interestingly enough, I think it was one of Mat Oxley's recent articles that suggested the expense of the new motogp chicane could have been better spent on expanding and improving the run off at turn 12... so basically what they'll be doing now!
Illuminati confirmed.
Born grumpy.

kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

For sure, look at the facts. Circuit de Catalunya is built into the top of a hill. A hill is effectively a triangle. The circuit is the eye in the triangle. This = illuminati

kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by kals » 4 days ago

Alvaro Bautista has re-signed with Aspar Ducati for 2018. Apparently he had an offer to go back to Aprilia for next season. That doesn't sound good for Sam Lowes.