Max Biaggi suffers cycling accident

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Max Biaggi suffers cycling accident

Post by caneparo »

Max biaggi suffered a trining accident on the circuit of sagittario in latina. His conditions are red code (suspected broken shoulder) but he s conscious and not in life danger
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Some further news on Max and his condition. Here's hoping for a swift recovery.

It isn't often I'd quote The Guardian
The former World Superbike champion Max Biaggi has been badly injured while training near Rome.

Italian media report that he was being treated for multiple injuries, including a broken shoulder, after being transported by helicopter from a track in Sagittario to Rome on Friday. The Ansa news agency says the 45-year-old Biaggi was conscious after the accident.

Biaggi won world titles in 2010 and 2012 and was also champion four times in the 250cc class of the MotoGP series. He was a three-time runner-up in the 500cc and MotoGP class. He was training with two young Moto3 drivers that he manages.

The accident comes less than a month after the former MotoGP world champion Nicky Hayden died after he was hit by a car while training on his bicycle in Italy.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

I think the thread title is a bit misleading in saying it was a cycling accident.... apparently it was during practice for a Super Moto race that he was due to race in on Sunday. My understanding of Supermoto is that it is a two wheeled form of say Rallycross, and the bikes compete on a mix of 'road' track and Motocross-style dirt track racing.
The former two-time World Superbike champion was badly injured during practice for a Supermoto race this weekend at the Sagittario circuit near Rome.

He lost control of his bike during testing and the incident sparked a code red. That’s after Biaggi complained of bad pains in his ribs. Minutes later an air ambulance was on the scene.

The crash occurred on the same track that claimed the life of Doriano Romboni in November.

Biaggi was immediately airlifted to the San Camillo Hospital in Rome with suspected thoracic and spinal trauma.

It is believed his injuries are serious but not life threatening.

The crash happened on a track that Biaggi knows well.

He often trains at Sagittario along with young Moto3 riders.

He was expected to take part in a Supermoto event on Sunday.
Wishing him a swift and full recovery.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Unfortunatelly max is still under intensive care. Both ribs were pinched by broken ribs. He had a second surgery today
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts