2016/2017 Endurance World Championship & Superside World Championship

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Thanks for the updates Chris. I'll be at Schleiz this weekend and I'm not sure whether I can watch it. It'll depend on connection down there and if it is possible to get the mobile charged.

Josh Hook fills in for Stefan Bradl as far as I'm aware as Stefan suffers from an ear drum infection that caused the eardrum to break. Docs prevented him from flying following his illness.
That's the official part anyway. Inofficially, Stefan didn't speak too good about Hondas preparation for the 8h and one could wonder whether he was discharged and some story was made up to keep the face on all fronts.
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

No worries Andy.... I have not checked our TV coverage yet but they have been showing all the FIM Rndurance racess live and pretty well in full on our local Eurosports channel. Better than the 8 seconds of Suzuka we got a few years ago when another Aussie, one named Casey Stoner, seemed to take all the media coverage when he had an off and ended his team's race. That accident was about all the coverage we got that year and it was played to death. :roll: :annoyed:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Full entry list

Just checked the TV Coverage for the event and things are looking good....

Aussies note these time are Central Europe time, so not on here at a silly hour. It will clash with the Queensland VASC round at some stage though, which is being shown on Fox Sports channel.
Follow the action at the 2016-2017 FIM EWC grand finale – the 40th anniversary of the Suzuka 8 Hours – as it happens on your TV screen.

Watch the entire race live on Eurosport 2 (Europe) and Eurosport World (Asia-Pacific) from 4.15am to 12.45pm CEST on Sunday 30 July, as well as on Eurosport Player, which can be accessed directly in Europe from all the Eurosport websites on a smartphone or tablet.

The “EWC All Access” segment featuring the highlights of the grand finale will be aired on from 9.30pm to 10pm on Tuesday 1 August on Eurosport 1, at 11.30am on Wednesday 2 and at 12 noon on Thursday 3 on Eurosport 2, and on Eurosport World starting Wednesday 2 August.

FIM EWC promoter Eurosport Events has also negotiated coverage on channels outside the Eurosport network. Viewers in France can watch a free-to-view broadcast of the Suzuka 8 Hours and the result of the FIM EWC 2016-2017 on La Chaine l’Equipe from 7am to 9 am and from 10am to 12.30pm on Sunday 30 July. In Japan, the BS 12 and CBC channels will provide live free-to-view coverage of the Suzuka 8 Hours, and it will be live streamed on NicoNico TV.
Viewers in North Africa and the Middle East can also watch live coverage on OSN starting from 5am GMT to the end of the race on Sunday 30 July.

“EWC Race Review”, a 44-minute race highlights programme, will be shown on OSN and on Fox Sports in Asia (including Japan), with a free-to-view broadcast on La Chaine l’Equipe in France and U.K. channel Quest.

“EWC All Access” will also air on OSN, Fox Sports, Garage TV in Spain and Velocity in the U.S. and Canada.

Follow the action as it happens at the 2016-2017 FIM EWC grand finale, the 40th anniversary of the Suzuka 8 Hours, on the website fimewc.com, on Facebook and Twitter and via the live timing results: www.fimewc.com/live-timing
We have a cracking fight for the title.... as I mentioned in my previous post this is the final round of the World Championship title, with just one point splitting the leading Suzuki and Yamaha teams....

Current pre race standings.

1st Suzuki Endurance Racing Team Suzuki 132

2nd GMT94 Yamaha Yamaha 131

3rd YART - Yamaha Yamaha 105

Top 6 riders

1 Etienne MASSON
FRA 132

2 Vincent PHILIPPE
FRA 132

3 Niccolò CANEPA
ITA 131

4 David CHECA
ESP 131

5 Mickael DI MEGLIO
FRA 118

6 Broc PARKES
AUS 105

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Qualifying 1 times

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

If you cant get those to enlarge enough you can get pdf of Q1 for all three riders of each bike on:

Suzuka 8 Hours 2017 - Qualification 1

Rider 3 https://www.fimewc.com/wp-content/uploa ... 7_Q1R3.pdf

Rider 2: https://www.fimewc.com/wp-content/uploa ... 7_Q1R2.pdf

Rider 1: https://www.fimewc.com/wp-content/uploa ... mended.pdf

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Just checked the Aussie coverage.... in full on Eurosport from 12:15 (lunchtime) uninterrupted through to 8:45pm. :thumbsup:

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Been an eventful last couple of days practice and qualy at Suzuka.
Several crashes punctuated a long day’s testing at Suzuka. The favourites weren’t spared either. The tension is palpable at the 2016-2017 FIM EWC grand finale, the 40th anniversary of the Suzuka 8 Hours.

Two of the headline teams experienced the biggest crashes. To start with, Hitoyasu Izutsu crashed out in spectacular fashion in the saddle of Eva RT Webike Trick Star’s Kawasaki during night tests last evening. The ZX-10R #10 was destroyed, but the rider was unharmed. There was another striking crash this evening when Marvin Fritz lost YART Yamaha Official EWC Team’s R1. In this case, too, the pilot came to no harm. Having placed sixth after qualifying, YART Yamaha Official EWC Team will be taking part in the Top 10 Trial.

Qualifying was interrupted time and again by crashes and red flags. Among the leading teams, Josh Hook veered off track on the F.C.C. TSR Honda bike and Vincent Philippe crashed more than once on the Suzuki Endurance Racing Team bike on account of the tyres chosen being too hard.
Suzuka 8 hour - Provisional Grid

Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Huge thanks for updating this thread, @Everso Biggyballies :thumbsup:
Must have been a great race from what we could hear at the circuit
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

@Andy Sorry was unable to add updates during the race. It was a huge afternoon of Motor Racing on TV with our local V8 Supercars, Spa 24 hours, Suzuka 8 hours plus other stuff later such as the F1 from the Hungarboring..... and the TV in my office decided to not work thanks to a dodgy cable connection, so I was watching on my main TV away from my PC. But next to the wine rack..... :drunk:

Oh yes it was an eventful race with action, good racing, errors, crashes, fires etc etc.
In the end, the #21 YZF-R1 of Nakasuga, Lowes, and Michael van der Mark (Netherlands) won by more than a lap, giving the former his third straight Suzuka 8 Hours win as well as the team. Kawasaki #11 got 2nd with the Honda #5 in 3rd.

7 of the Aussies finished in the top 10 so a good day for our locals.

Finally GMT94 Yamaha finished 11th to take out the 2016-2017 FIM EWC world championship title.

Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 6 years ago @Andy Sorry was unable to add updates during the race. It was a huge afternoon of Motor Racing on TV with our local V8 Supercars, Spa 24 hours, Suzuka 8 hours plus other stuff later such as the F1 from the Hungarboring..... and the TV in my office decided to not work thanks to a dodgy cable connection, so I was watching on my main TV away from my PC. But next to the wine rack..... :drunk:

Oh yes it was an eventful race with action, good racing, errors, crashes, fires etc etc.
In the end, the #21 YZF-R1 of Nakasuga, Lowes, and Michael van der Mark (Netherlands) won by more than a lap, giving the former his third straight Suzuka 8 Hours win as well as the team. Kawasaki #11 got 2nd with the Honda #5 in 3rd.

7 of the Aussies finished in the top 10 so a good day for our locals.

Finally GMT94 Yamaha finished 11th to take out the 2016-2017 FIM EWC world championship title.
Thanks for all the updates, mate @Everso Biggyballies :thumbsup:
I`m just going through laundry and drying the tent and interior. :haha:
It never rained but when I arrived Friday rain the campground was really muddy so that dampness would stick all weekend through. Only the bike to clean now, which I directly dropped into the mud on arrival :blush:

Great weekend anyway and I`m going through my photos in a couple minutes. I bumped into our boards @Jacob too. Great lad and much more talented with the cam than me & my shoddy shots :mrgreen:
:bye:
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

The Birchall bros took victory in the world sidecar race at Assen yesterday and lead the championship now by 30 points from Pekka Päivarinta and his partner Kirsulainen before the final two races at Rijeka. I hope I spelt the finnish names right away though
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Pekka Päivärinta and Kirsi Kainulainen
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."