Random motorcycle news

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

That looks stunning in the iconic Gulf colours.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 6 years ago Troy Bayliss plans racing comeback!

Three-time World Superbike (and also a British Superbike) Champion, Australian Troy Bayliss is secretly preparing for a shock comeback next year in a Ducati-supported bid to win the Australian title that eluded him 20 years ago. As well as factory backing, additional commercial sponsorship has also been secured.
Gold Coast-based Bayliss last contested the ASBK in 1997, when he finished runner-up after finishing third in his debut season the year before. He is now 48 years old. He retired from racing near enough 10 years ago.

He still has the third highest number of WSBK wins, Good to see him returning on a Ducati, the team he enjoyed all his success with.... he is still their second highest WSBK winner behind Foggy. (and won a one off Moto GP win for them when Stoner was still a crash prone rookie in his first senior year)

I always worry when legends plan returns after lengthy retirements. I can understand his wish to add the missing Aussie title to his lengthy resume, but feel that the risk of injury is so high given the limited benefit. It is not like he needs the money as he has become a successful business operator since retiring.

Wishing him a safe and successful return in 2018.

A bit of an update on TB's comeback. He has been to Phillip Island for a couple of days testing ahead of the season. He seems to be taking it all very seriously...

Bayliss finished up 10th-fastest on his DesmoSport Ducati with a 1:33.950s, 1.2s off the benchmark pace of benchmark Glenn Allerton on a BMW (1:32.728s).
Troy Bayliss said not wrote:“Initially, after 10 years away, everything felt like it was in fast motion,” said Bayliss, who has not regularly raced a motorcycle since his final Superbike World Championship-winning season in 2008.

“Then I looked at the times and said, ‘Wow, I’ve got a way to go here.’”

“But I started to make progress and felt a lot more at home on the bike.”

Now 48 years old, the three-time World Superbike champion also revealed that he has changed his diet and embarked on a fitness routine to ensure that he is physically prepared for the campaign.

“I’ve dropped down about six kilos and been living like a monk,” joked Bayliss.

“Beers are gone; yoga starts as soon as I go home.

“(I’ve) Got to free up my hips and get a bit looser but I’m doing everything to try and make myself to ride these things.”

kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

One of the all-time motorcycling greats! I hope Troy does well this season. And to think he got his WSBK break by chance when he wasn't focusing on the world stage.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Luigi Taveri, 125cc champion suffered a stroke and has been forwarded to intensive care unit.

No good news to wake up to. :sorrow:

Edit:
I've just read a post on Facebook by Luigi's son and I think I share it here because it sounds like time to say good bye. Bear with me, but I'm not using the facebook tags as I'm not sure if everyone could see it. It reads:

"Many of you already heard that my father is in a bad condition.
The truth is that he had a very hard stroke. He is paralyzed on one side and he can't speak.
He always said that he wouldn't want to live in a wheelchair. We have to respect that. But today when he hold my hand I couldn't let him go. Hopefully tomorrow I will have the strength to say goodbye to the man I always looked up to and the father I love so much.
God help me to take the right decision."
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

I'm back home from a great weekend out with the IDM season opener in Oschersleben.
It was a fun weekend really, the serious stuff kicks off next weekend in Hengelo ;)

Unfortunately, after shoveling my weekend pics over on to the external hdd, I couldn't move or edit any files and the hdd requested a full check & repair session which is underway now but seems to last for a while.

So for now here are a few pics I shoveled over to the mobile during the weekend.

"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

#91 Bastien Mackels, Wilbers BMW
IDM Superbike, Oschersleben Race 1

erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

German article.
Motor Speedway at Stadskanaal, this weekend :)
http://www.speedweek.com/grasbahn/news/ ... -(NL).html

Two years ago.

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Czech Road Racing at Horice this weekend, live at https://www.tvcom.cz/Zapas/Sport-Motosp ... E-2018.htm
The continental warm up for the TT with Danny Webb, Jamie Coward, Derek Sheils, Shaun Anderson, Basti Witt and Michal 'Indi' Dokoupil
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Andy wrote: 6 years ago Czech Road Racing at Horice this weekend, live at https://www.tvcom.cz/Zapas/Sport-Motosp ... E-2018.htm
The continental warm up for the TT with Danny Webb, Jamie Coward, Derek Sheils, Shaun Anderson, Basti Witt and Michal 'Indi' Dokoupil
thanks!!!

https://silnicnimotorky.cz/sport/road-r ... rmonogram/
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

erwin greven wrote: 6 years ago
Andy wrote: 6 years ago Czech Road Racing at Horice this weekend, live at https://www.tvcom.cz/Zapas/Sport-Motosp ... E-2018.htm
thanks!!!

https://silnicnimotorky.cz/sport/road-r ... rmonogram/
You're welcome mate!
Tough language but live timing available at https://www.firmia.cz/livetiming

Supersport 600 ready to go now 😁
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

pity the lack of camera's around the track. Bit like a VLN race at the Nürburgring.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

It is a bit like being stationary somewhere trackside 😉
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Troy Bayliss wins his first ASBK race since his return

Good to see the old fella back on the top step after a couple of earlier lower podiums. He is now 3rd in the title race. ()Herfoss’ lead is out to 29.5 over Maxwell, with Bayliss third.) Very pleased for him.

Bayliss leads.

From speedcafe:
Troy Bayliss has won for the first time in his ASBK comeback but it was Troy Herfoss who took round honours at Hidden Valley Raceway.

The three-time Superbike World Champion led Race 1 from start to finish and was in contention for a repeat in Race 2 before he ran wide and was eventually shuffled back to seventh as Herfoss took victory.

Bayliss qualified on pole and jumped clear when the race was fully restarted after an early red flag.

Herfoss and Bryan Staring battled over second place before the former got past on the main straight on Lap 14.

He closed the gap to Bayliss in the two laps which followed but couldn’t find a way past the #21 Ducati.

The win was the 49-year-old’s first since his final, championship-winning season in World SBK in 2008, after which he barely competed again until this year.

“I owe that performance to my team, it was a big call to bring an old fella on board,” said Bayliss.

Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 5 years ago Troy Bayliss wins his first ASBK race since his return

Good to see the old fella back on the top step after a couple of earlier lower podiums. He is now 3rd in the title race. ()Herfoss’ lead is out to 29.5 over Maxwell, with Bayliss third.) Very pleased for him.

Bayliss leads.

From speedcafe:
Troy Bayliss has won for the first time in his ASBK comeback but it was Troy Herfoss who took round honours at Hidden Valley Raceway.

The three-time Superbike World Champion led Race 1 from start to finish and was in contention for a repeat in Race 2 before he ran wide and was eventually shuffled back to seventh as Herfoss took victory.

Bayliss qualified on pole and jumped clear when the race was fully restarted after an early red flag.

Herfoss and Bryan Staring battled over second place before the former got past on the main straight on Lap 14.

He closed the gap to Bayliss in the two laps which followed but couldn’t find a way past the #21 Ducati.

The win was the 49-year-old’s first since his final, championship-winning season in World SBK in 2008, after which he barely competed again until this year.

“I owe that performance to my team, it was a big call to bring an old fella on board,” said Bayliss.
LOL , I was going to watch it but never made it due to walk out and watch the sunrise.
However, like you said, really pleased for Troy
:bye:
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Wayne Gardner Movie trailer.

Only a trailer to a movie that will launch later in the year (Melbourne Movie Festival,.. August 3rd AFAIK)
WAYNE is the near improbable true story of the ‘larrikin kid’ from Wollongong, Wayne Gardner. With girlfriend Donna Forbes never far from his side, Wayne’s remarkable journey takes him from a 5-dollar dirt bike to the pinnacle of his sport. In 1987 Wayne becomes the first Australian to win the World Motorcycle Grand Prix, and with it, the hearts of all Australians.

Featuring interviews with legends from the sport’s ‘golden age’ including Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey, Mick Doohan and Kevin Schwantz, WAYNE is an amusing, inspiring and, at times, wild cinematic ride through the life of a true Aussie legend.

DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Christ, what was the accident at 1:13??
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.