Join us here in ranking Ayrton Senna's Formula 1 cars! viewtopic.php?f=32&t=16038

World Superbikes & Supports 2016

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.

Moderator: Andy

kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Re: World Superbikes & Supports 2016

Post by kals » 3 years ago

Latest post of the previous page:

Great race, VDM and Giuliano are so fun to watch. What happened to Nicky Hayden on the last lap? I know he dropped off in the later laps but he was 7th going into the last lap and ended 9th.

Andy
Favourite Motorsport: Motorcycles 'real' road racing
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Stefan Bellof
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy » 3 years ago

kals wrote:Great race, VDM and Giuliano are so fun to watch. What happened to Nicky Hayden on the last lap? I know he dropped off in the later laps but he was 7th going into the last lap and ended 9th.
I tend to think that there was a group of 3 or four with Reiterberger and Hayden involved. In the final tussle Reiterberger felt off and Hayden got away.

Edit: Both Reiterbergers off and Haydens drop down the order have been tire related issues. Nicky nursed em home, while Reiterbergers rear tire gave up in the final corner of the final lap causing him to crash. Bloody fast place down there, too but he got away with it.
If you are not willing to risk the unusual,you will have to settle for the ordinary-Jim Rohn

Everso Biggyballies
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Raikkonen, Lauda, Clark etc
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: BMW 330C M Sport Coupe

Post by Everso Biggyballies » 3 years ago

I hope the quality of the two races for the Superbikes is an indication for the season to come, with 4 manufacturers taking care of the first 5 places. Race was was excellent although Rea always seemed in control. Race 2 was a bit warmer and Rea was challenged a bit more, although he came through to take the lead back from Chas Davies who had taken the lead with bit of an over ambitious more into the hairpin which ended up with him losing the front end.

Another great race though and although Rea took both races it was hardly a forgone conclusion, with some pretty intense battling throughout, with Sykes having led from the start before running wide after a few laps. Hayden was running for a podium finish in race 2 but just lost out at the line by 0.1 secs to Guintoli. Great performance from Michael Van Der Mark with a double podium, and a spell in the lead of race 2 almost ended up with us seeing the first WSBK win for a Dutchman. As it was the double for Rea saw the first time since Carlos 'Chucker' Checa that we have seen that at PI.

Cant wait for the two weeks before they all meet up again in Thailand. Although Rea took at double win there last year I have a feeling that he wont have an easy weekend. It wont be an easy ride for him, as he tries to become the first back to back Champion in WSBK since the last century. :wink:
Andy wrote: I still ponder whether to get up for the supersport race on Sunday, too.
Did you see any of the SUpersports races? Again a couple of cracking races.... :smiley:

*My woman cant wrestle. But you should see her box!*

*I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always

Andy

Everso Biggyballies wrote:I hope the quality of the two races for the Superbikes is an indication for the season to come, with 4 manufacturers taking care of the first 5 places. Race was was excellent although Rea always seemed in control. Race 2 was a bit warmer and Rea was challenged a bit more, although he came through to take the lead back from Chas Davies who had taken the lead with bit of an over ambitious more into the hairpin which ended up with him losing the front end.

Another great race though and although Rea took both races it was hardly a forgone conclusion, with some pretty intense battling throughout, with Sykes having led from the start before running wide after a few laps. Hayden was running for a podium finish in race 2 but just lost out at the line by 0.1 secs to Guintoli. Great performance from Michael Van Der Mark with a double podium, and a spell in the lead of race 2 almost ended up with us seeing the first WSBK win for a Dutchman. As it was the double for Rea saw the first time since Carlos 'Chucker' Checa that we have seen that at PI.

Cant wait for the two weeks before they all meet up again in Thailand. Although Rea took at double win there last year I have a feeling that he wont have an easy weekend. It wont be an easy ride for him, as he tries to become the first back to back Champion in WSBK since the last century. :wink:
Andy wrote: I still ponder whether to get up for the supersport race on Sunday, too.
Did you see any of the SUpersports races? Again a couple of cracking races.... :smiley:

I got up at 3am, set up some coffee and was ready to go. Went to bed shortly before 6am again after the 2nd WSB race but just for another one hour. Was busy all day to sort stuff out because off the coming up on call week at work.
First off the rookie victory for swissman Randy Krummenacher in the cracking supersport race and then this superbike race. What can I say, a truly fantastic season opener at one of the most iconic venues on the schedule. That said, it was announced during the second wsb race that the Monza round is cancelled but there was no reason given. Perhaps Caneparo can shed a light on it.
If you are not willing to risk the unusual,you will have to settle for the ordinary-Jim Rohn

Andy

Round 2 at Thailand should be on this weekend. Hopefully it gets as good again as Phillip Island was :)

Everso Biggyballies
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Unfortunately I will be away for the weekend (ironically at Phillip Island, for the Historics / PI Classic meeting), so I will be watching replays on Monday.....

Andy

Everso Biggyballies wrote:Unfortunately I will be away for the weekend (ironically at Phillip Island, for the Historics / PI Classic meeting), so I will be watching replays on Monday.....
Good excuse, :twothumbs:
Shoot us some pics from the Classics ;)

Everso Biggyballies
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

If it was a Euro round I would at least be able to watch the Sunday race live, but being Thailand it will be finished before I get home.
Still, maybe the replays will be getting shown, or close to it by the time I get home by about 10.30pm..
Edit: Just checked my TV Guide and the full replay of Race 1 starts 11.00pm, with race 2 straight after. :smiley:

I will take piccies but no bikes at this meeting....
Later in the year (usually in May) at the Winton Historic meeting they have cars and various bike categories. I know this year they are doing a Harley 'Special' at Winton Historics, to celebrate the 80th anniversary of the 'Knucklehead'.

Andy

Everso Biggyballies wrote:If it was a Euro round I would at least be able to watch the Sunday race live, but being Thailand it will be finished before I get home.
Still, maybe the replays will be getting shown, or close to it by the time I get home by about 10.30pm..
Edit: Just checked my TV Guide and the full replay of Race 1 starts 11.00pm, with race 2 straight after. :smiley:

I will take piccies but no bikes at this meeting....
Later in the year (usually in May) at the Winton Historic meeting they have cars and various bike categories. I know this year they are doing a Harley 'Special' at Winton Historics, to celebrate the 80th anniversary of the 'Knucklehead'.
Ahhhh these classics. I was going to ask what it would be as the bike classic is done already. Was a real exciting battle of the Nations there.

Andy

Superpole tomorrow 7:30am cet / 6:30am gmt / 12:30am eastern USA and the race 1 from 10am cet / 9am gmt / 3am eastern USA

kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Race 1 was good. I won't spoil anything but will say I thought the back marker going on to the last lap was a little hairy.

kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

And race 2... wow that was intense

Andy

Kept an eye on Reiterberger and he must have had the final 3 laps of his life.
Closed a gap of almost 3 secs to Torres and beat him for 7th on the line by a margin of 0.023 secs.

Other than that we had 3 really interesting races again. Hope the WSB and WSS can keep this pace up
:thumbsup:

kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

I don't know much about Reitenberger but his performances this weekend were really stand out.

There are many jokes that start with 'an Englishman, Irishmen and Welshmen...' yet today's race was anything but a joke between those three.

Everso Biggyballies
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Wow.... I have now seen both WSBK races and the Supersports. Great racing throughout, and the fight between the two Kwakas in race 2 was looking like it was going to end in tears, with Sykes defending hard to say the least. Rea was quite ok about it on air, but away from the interviews his body language said something different. That was my take on it.

Not sure how much of the Honda pace was due to the tussle at the front meaning the green machines were slowing each other enough for Davies to keep with them.

Looking forward to the next round back in Europe.
Andy wrote: Shoot us some pics from the P.I. Classics ;)
Uploaded the first batch HERE

kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Everso Biggyballies wrote:Not sure how much of the Honda pace was due to the tussle at the front meaning the green machines were slowing each other enough for Davies to keep with them.
Well VDM and Hayden were someway back so that probably answers your question about the pace of the Honda, but the pace of Davies' Ducati was impressive considering their straightline speed deficit. ;)