[MotoGP/WSBK/AMA] 2011 Season - RIP Super Sic

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Weren't Australia about 4 years behind Europe with Broadband?
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

The two WTCC races were POS, I really wish Macau's touring car race would go back to an invitational like the F3 and Superbike races. The GP was ok and Wittmann was unlucky, he deserved the win more than anyone else. I was rooting for Nasr. In reality the result should have been Wittmann, Nasr, Juncadella. The F3 race has also lost quite a bit of sparkle since the rules were changed and the move away from a aggregate system. I haven't watched the superbike race yet, is it worth downloading?
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Not sure if it is exciting to watch. I only listened to it and did not bother watching out for a video. In my copy of Motorsport Aktuell there is a nice photo of Didier Grams scrubbing with his elbow along the armco. Once I get my scanner working again I'll try to upload it.

As unspectacular both tc races have been in the final results as exciting was Rob Huff's move on Michael Nykjaer, I think. It was in the same spot where Dahlgren crashed during the Qualifieng Session. One ballsy move in one of the real tight spots. Of course, Nykjaer helped Huff in the move by pulling out of it but it looked pretty spectacular nontheless. :thumbsup:

Wittmann in the F3 GP reminded me a bit to my all time idol Stefan Bellof and his Monaco race in 1984. Of course, Bellof started from the very backend back then in that rain stricken GP but from the moment Wittmann started his chase after the second sc came in it was almost said GP all over. Senna was catching Prost but Bellof in third caught em both. Until, and that bit makes it even more similar, a third safety car in the second last lap cut Wittmanns chase short. In 1984 a red flag ended Bellofs chase.
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

It looks like Yonny Hernandez is set to join the MotoGP field in 2012 on a CTR bike. Whilst he's only finished the last two Moto2 seasons in the lower order he's actually a super exciting rider to watch and has run at the front of a fair few races. I'm looking forward to seeing Jonny in the top flight.