RIP Murray Walker (1923-2021)

#93 Ford Mustang crash

Post here if you come across a video or image that you would like identifying.
Post Reply
Jacob
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 644
Joined: 4 years ago
Real Name: Jacob
Favourite Motorsport: Historic racing
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari 312B
Favourite Driver: Jacky Ickx & all other old heroes
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife/ old Spa/ Schleiz

#93 Ford Mustang crash

Post by Jacob » 6 months ago

From: http://pilotos-muertos.com/2011/ClarkJim.html
Image

This could be Ted Savory at the 1966 Gold Cup, Oulton Park
http://touringcarracing.net/Races/1966% ... %20GC.html
but there is no #89 Cortina in the race
"It´s not a matter of talent, it´s a matter of luck. Pure Luck:" - Jacky Ickx

User avatar
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 39313
Joined: 17 years ago
Real Name: Paul
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Location: U.K.
Contact:

Post by PTRACER » 6 months ago

@Jacob Here is Jim Clark in the 1966 Gold Cup:
http://www.brianwatsonphoto.co.uk/Formu ... ge.html?75

For that reason I think you got it and Touring Car Racing got Clark's race number wrong.
King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records

User avatar
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 31638
Joined: 15 years ago
Real Name: Chris
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0l twin turbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies » 6 months ago

PTRACER wrote:
6 months ago
@Jacob Here is Jim Clark in the 1966 Gold Cup:
http://www.brianwatsonphoto.co.uk/Formu ... ge.html?75

For that reason I think you got it and Touring Car Racing got Clark's race number wrong.
And another if you need more proof.....
https://www.petermcfadyen.co.uk/gallery ... s-cortina/

*Sebastian, Lance is faster than you... do you understand?*


*I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always

Jacob
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 644
Joined: 4 years ago
Real Name: Jacob
Favourite Motorsport: Historic racing
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari 312B
Favourite Driver: Jacky Ickx & all other old heroes
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife/ old Spa/ Schleiz

Post by Jacob » 6 months ago

ah yes, great. I have a list of Jim Clarks races and the 1966 Gold Cup was the only Cortina Lots race with no number entered. Thats why I picked it.
"It´s not a matter of talent, it´s a matter of luck. Pure Luck:" - Jacky Ickx

User avatar
hollie3sa
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2523
Joined: 6 years ago

Post by hollie3sa » 6 months ago

The race was called Redex Trophy for Saloon Cars. The accident occurred in the first lap.(listed as Accident 1)


Image

This photo will automatically be deleted 1 week from now.

Source: Whatever Happened To The Gold Cup? The Mid-Cheshire Years 1954-1974 by Mike Allen

Same mistake (i. e. wrong car number) in the book. Clark is listed with #87

User avatar
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 39313
Joined: 17 years ago
Real Name: Paul
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Location: U.K.
Contact:

Post by PTRACER » 6 months ago

hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
*
Ooh nice. Are there any pictures in that book?

We have four accidents from that race in the CPdB:
http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/cras ... equals~31)
King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records

User avatar
hollie3sa
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2523
Joined: 6 years ago

Post by hollie3sa » 6 months ago

PTRACER wrote:
6 months ago
hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
*
Ooh nice. Are there any pictures in that book?

We have four accidents from that race in the CPdB:
http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/cras ... equals~31)
Not the same incident:

Image
This photo will automatically be deleted 1 week from now.

User avatar
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 39313
Joined: 17 years ago
Real Name: Paul
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Location: U.K.
Contact:

Post by PTRACER » 6 months ago

Presumably you don't want these in the CPdB...
King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records

User avatar
Motorsportrace
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 3408
Joined: 10 years ago
Real Name: M
Location: Milan

Post by Motorsportrace » 6 months ago

hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
This photo will automatically be deleted 1 week from now.
...why?
Motorsportrace

User avatar
hollie3sa
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2523
Joined: 6 years ago

Post by hollie3sa » 6 months ago

PTRACER wrote:
6 months ago
Presumably you don't want these in the CPdB...
I prefer not to unless I get the permission by Mr. Allen.


----------
Motorsportrace wrote:
6 months ago
hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
This photo will automatically be deleted 1 week from now.
...why?
Because while I like to share the informations from the book, I don't want to to have this photo online for too long since I am not the copyright holder.

User avatar
Motorsportrace
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 3408
Joined: 10 years ago
Real Name: M
Location: Milan

Post by Motorsportrace » 6 months ago

hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
Motorsportrace wrote:
6 months ago
hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
This photo will automatically be deleted 1 week from now.
...why?
Because while I like to share the informations from the book, I don't want to to have this photo online for too long since I am not the copyright holder.
Well, we've shared copyrighted images a lot of times... :suspicious:
I suppose the author is very "serious" about it?
Motorsportrace

User avatar
hollie3sa
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2523
Joined: 6 years ago

Post by hollie3sa » 6 months ago

Motorsportrace wrote:
6 months ago
hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
Motorsportrace wrote:
6 months ago
hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
This photo will automatically be deleted 1 week from now.
...why?
Because while I like to share the informations from the book, I don't want to to have this photo online for too long since I am not the copyright holder.
Well, we've shared copyrighted images a lot of times... :suspicious:
I suppose the author is very "serious" about it?
I have absolutely no idea whether he is serious about it or not.

But (an estimated) 99.8 % of the photographs we've shared here are publically available on the internet. These pictures from the book are not.
I understand that what I'm doing (i. e. sharing the pictures from the book) and what we're doing (i. e. building the CPdB) can't really be considered seperately, neither legally nor morally. But I'm certain you get the idea.

User avatar
Motorsportrace
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 3408
Joined: 10 years ago
Real Name: M
Location: Milan

Post by Motorsportrace » 6 months ago

hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
I have absolutely no idea whether he is serious about it or not.

But (an estimated) 99.8 % of the photographs we've shared here are publically available on the internet. These pictures from the book are not.
I understand that what I'm doing (i. e. sharing the pictures from the book) and what we're doing (i. e. building the CPdB) can't really be considered seperately, neither legally nor morally. But I'm certain you get the idea.
I understand what you mean.
Motorsportrace

Post Reply