Rate the 2019 Australian GP! viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15942

Various unknown Openwheelers crashes

Post here if you come across a video or image that you would like identifying.
hollie3sa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Various unknown Openwheelers crashes

Post by hollie3sa » 6 months ago

Last post from previous page:

mattia2 wrote:
6 months ago
hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
Ordos International Circuit?
Don't think so, Ordos opened in 2009, this video looks like was shot in 2005-2006.
You're right..

Can we agree on one thing: The last corner looks like a left, the first like a right hander, right?

mattia2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by mattia2 » 6 months ago

hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
mattia2 wrote:
6 months ago
hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
Don't think so, Ordos opened in 2009, this video looks like was shot in 2005-2006.
You're right..

Can we agree on one thing: The last corner looks like a left, the first like a right hander, right?
Yep, and i think it's actually Goldenport circuit in China. Last Bend it's a long left, and the first one it's a right, like in the video. I think it's located in asia because the "colours" of the video are grey-ish, and that' typical with the level of smog that there are in china.

hollie3sa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hollie3sa » 6 months ago

mattia2 wrote:
6 months ago
hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
mattia2 wrote:
6 months ago
hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
You're right..

Yep, and i think it's actually Goldenport circuit in China. Last Bend it's a long left, and the first one it's a right, like in the video. I think it's located in asia because the "colours" of the video are grey-ish, and that' typical with the level of smog that there are in china.
I don't think it is.

See this footage from 1:15. It's filmed from more or less the same angle as your video.
No grass strip at Goldenport + too many buildings in the background.

Plus I got the impression that the pit lane is on the right sight of the track.

mattia2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by mattia2 » 6 months ago

You're right, that's not it. I seriously don't know what track it can be then.

Michkov
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Michkov » 6 months ago

I guess there is no F Renault race database that would pear down the number of guesses based on the starting number of the car?

hollie3sa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hollie3sa » 5 months ago

Michkov wrote:
6 months ago
I guess there is no F Renault race database that would pear down the number of guesses based on the starting number of the car?
I'm afraid that's exactly our problem. That might be one we'll probably never solve.

Michkov
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Michkov » 5 months ago

We know the type of car, starting number, livery and that the tracks pit entry is on the outside of a left. Cant be that hard :)

hollie3sa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Given that the pace car is a Renault Megane, it's safe to assume that this was a Formula Renault (support) race. And I agree with mattia when he says that it's an Asian track. No idea why. Simply a feeling.

So... have fun :happy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_For ... es_Winners

:

Michkov
Gold Member
Gold Member

I agree. It looks like a Tatuus chassis because of the open roll hoop visible on the back shots That limits us to 2000-09. Also the track seem to have a banked 180°+ lefthander if you look at the very beginning of the clip before the crash footage.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by PTRACER » 5 months ago

Michkov wrote:
5 months ago
I agree. It looks like a Tatuus chassis because of the open roll hoop visible on the back shots That limits us to 2000-09. Also the track seem to have a banked 180°+ lefthander if you look at the very beginning of the clip before the crash footage.
I think it's Adria. Just a feeling.
Racing is living and everything that happens in between is just waiting.

mattia2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by mattia2 » 5 months ago

PTRACER wrote:
5 months ago
Michkov wrote:
5 months ago
I think it's Adria. Just a feeling.
Adria has a right hander turn as last turn though. i also doubt that the italian formula renault 2.0 ever raced ad Adria, but i could be wrong.I didn't find any calendar from that years, so i can't be sure.

hollie3sa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_F ... _champions

This should give you all an overview about which racetracks come into question.

Michkov
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think PT is right with Adria. The tower in the background and the shape of the bridge/gantry structure look very much like it. I'm 90% certain it's Adria

Italian FR2000 ran Adria only a couple of times between 2003 and 2009 sadly I cant find full entry lists for the series.

hollie3sa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mattia2 wrote:
1 year ago
https://mega.nz/#!smAmybzQ!SMBAgazHYXWy ... m_WCgvbPAo Huge Flip from Phoenix Park, in Ireland. year Unknown
I found the name Niki Potterton who had a big FF crash at Phoenix Park in the 90's. Currently can't help you with any more informations.

Could be him:

Source: Johnny Paul

Dave Collier apparently had a similar flip in the same corner just one year before. Couldn't find the exact year, so far.

mattia2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by mattia2 » 4 months ago

hollie3sa wrote:
5 months ago
mattia2 wrote:
1 year ago
https://mega.nz/#!smAmybzQ!SMBAgazHYXWy ... m_WCgvbPAo Huge Flip from Phoenix Park, in Ireland. year Unknown
I found the name Niki Potterton who had a big FF crash at Phoenix Park in the 90's. Currently can't help you with any more informations.

Could be him:

Source: Johnny Paul

Dave Collier apparently had a similar flip in the same corner just one year before. Couldn't find the exact year, so far.
Well, the colour scheme seems to be the same (or at least a similar one). Could be him, absolutely.