1930s George Robson(?) Roll

Post here if you come across a video or image that you would like identifying.
Jesper Hvid
Crashfinder General
Crashfinder General

1930s George Robson(?) Roll

Post by Jesper Hvid » 2 months ago

This was among the crash videos and links I was sent, and I recognize it, it's one of those accidents that was used in small crash compilations. I can't remember who/when/where, for some reason I've got George Robson's name in my mind, in connection with this. Problem is I can't seem to find anything about it on the forum. If it's not GR, it's someone else who's a known driver from back then.
You only have to read the lines of scribbly black and everything shines.

Jesper Hvid
Crashfinder General
Crashfinder General

Post by Jesper Hvid » 1 month ago

Right, well, I can't find the place where I read that, so it may be in the commentary on another version +audio.

I do for some reason remember it said George Robson, possibly the same GR as the Englishman who emigrated, and later won the Indy 500, and the track is probably Californian, as he was active on that scene in those pre-WW2 days, maybe Southern Ascot. This is an another forum- capture, and the problem with many of them is they're audioless, and apparently he didn't bother listening to the voice-over commentary, so obvious clues were lost. So, I must have seen another version of this, in order to know or remember the name Robson.

The remaining items I was sent for IDing are "typical" another forum- captures, and I've looked at the last three without recognizing them, so I will put them in a topic together, as they appear to be from same era. Perhaps Ferner can tell us what they are, I'll open the topic later, this evening.
You only have to read the lines of scribbly black and everything shines.