The NASCAR Flip List Project

Post here if you come across a video or image that you would like identifying.
The Ost
Silver Member
Silver Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: BMW 318i Touring M-Sport

Re: The NASCAR Flip List Project

Post by The Ost » 2 months ago

Latest post of the previous page:

This is going to be confusing have two lists on two forums, unless both are updated equally.

And you can confirm all the ones I contributed because I took them from 40 Years of Stock Car Racing and/or newspaper reports.
"When money talk, few are deaf" - Charlie Chan

Microsprinter18

Post by Microsprinter18 » 2 months ago

The Ost wrote:
2 months ago
This is going to be confusing have two lists on two forums, unless both are updated equally.
Not trying to brag at all here, but I'm positive the list that me and @Seibara have made is possibly the most complete and/or accurate. After cross referencing I couldn't tell you how many fallacies we have found with the many other flip lists out there on other forums! :lol:

I'm not saying to pick a side, but to avoid confusion, I would refer to the list we have made if you need any information.
You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone dances with the grim reaper.

acerogers58

Post by acerogers58 » 2 months ago

This is an aftermath shot of a Terry Labonte practice or testing crash at Riverside in 1986, couldn’t find any articles on it but looking at some dents in the roof area just above the drivers window and damage near the roof on the back could of this possibily been a flip? What do you guys think? Click to enlarge.

Microsprinter18

Post by Microsprinter18 » 2 months ago

acerogers58 wrote:
2 months ago
This is an aftermath shot of a Terry Labonte practice or testing crash at Riverside in 1986, couldn’t find any articles on it but looking at some dents in the roof area just above the drivers window and damage near the roof on the back could of this possibily been a flip? What do you guys think?
I believe this wreck actually happened during the race, he broke through a concrete wall and, from what I understand, cartwheeled. It remains somewhat of a mystery.
You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone dances with the grim reaper.

hollie3sa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hollie3sa » 2 months ago

Microsprinter18 wrote:
2 months ago
acerogers58 wrote:
2 months ago
This is an aftermath shot of a Terry Labonte practice or testing crash at Riverside in 1986, couldn’t find any articles on it but looking at some dents in the roof area just above the drivers window and damage near the roof on the back could of this possibily been a flip? What do you guys think?
I believe this wreck actually happened during the race, he broke through a concrete wall and, from what I understand, cartwheeled. It remains somewhat of a mystery.

From 57:15

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by PTRACER » 2 months ago

@acerogers58 @hollie3sa @Microsprinter18 @The Ost Please note that this thread is now in this section.
King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records

sadsac
Gold Member
Gold Member
Favourite Motorsport: all of them
Favourite Racing Car: 1990 Ferrari 640 F1
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna
Favourite Circuit: Spa
Car(s) Currently Owned: Seat Leon, MG zs

Post by sadsac » 1 month ago

Check out this youtube link Microsprinter18
you might find more to add :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 62B38C7ED0

Microsprinter18

Post by Microsprinter18 » 1 week ago

Added: Cup - Jerry O'Neill, Watkins Glen, 1992 - Flip in practice