[cpdb] Fixes/Revisions List

Our pioneering project aims to identify and catalogue every crash photo in racing history. We cannot do it alone, so if you have any spare time, view this forum and sign up to help!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Re: [cpdb] Fixes/Revisions List

Post by PTRACER » 8 months ago

Latest post of the previous page:

I can't remember what I was thinking at the time, but perhaps by Spectator, I meant any kind of bystander. So, someone in the crowd, photographer, marshal etc. I didn't write 'Bystander' to keep it more foreign-language friendly, I guess, but I could change the title of the field to make it more accurate.

Also, I thought a number of times about adding a results link, so I like the idea. The ONLY thing that made me reconsider is if any URLs etc. change. If you think that's not a particularly significant problem, I could go ahead and do it anyway.

@hollie3sa
King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records

Jesper Hvid
Crashfinder General
Crashfinder General

Post by Jesper Hvid » 8 months ago

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82&p=351401#p351401

Slight error: Manzon was #56, not #58.

http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/cras ... itid1=2710
Soon afterwards, the #58 of Manzon encountered the oil and slammed into Parnell's wreck.
You only have to read the lines of scribbly black and everything shines.

hollie3sa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hollie3sa » 8 months ago

PTRACER wrote:
8 months ago
I can't remember what I was thinking at the time, but perhaps by Spectator, I meant any kind of bystander. So, someone in the crowd, photographer, marshal etc. I didn't write 'Bystander' to keep it more foreign-language friendly, I guess, but I could change the title of the field to make it more accurate.
I assumed so. No need to change the title imho. It was what I expected it to be. I just wanted to make sure so we don't get our entries mixed up while actually meaning the same thing.

Also, I thought a number of times about adding a results link, so I like the idea. The ONLY thing that made me reconsider is if any URLs etc. change. If you think that's not a particularly significant problem, I could go ahead and do it anyway.
I guess that's a risk we'll have to take. As sad as it is, it's part of the internet.

What I've realized is that there's no website that hosts results for the motorcycle world championship seasons. Probably another project for the (very far) future.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER » 8 months ago

Yeah, that would be SO useful to have @hollie3sa. I think we should leave it to someone else though haha.

One more suggestion, which I have been holding back because it’s more work for us:-
Do you think we should introduce a Car Number(s) section to the CPdB? Imagine you have a photo and no idea of the car, driver, track, year, but you can see it’s car #17 - you can just type that into Search and the results would appear. Do you think that would be useful?

Everso Biggyballies
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Raikkonen, Lauda, Clark etc
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: BMW 330C M Sport Coupe

Post by Everso Biggyballies » 8 months ago

hollie3sa wrote:
8 months ago

What I've realized is that there's no website that hosts results for the motorcycle world championship seasons. Probably another project for the (very far) future.
@hollie3sa and @PTRACER MotoGP.com have quite a good results page.... It covers back to 1950, all classes, (ie 500cc and 350cc in 1950, but by 1951 they show 125cc and 250cc as well where relevant), and all races, although looking at some of the 1950 and early results it is only the first 6 mentioned. Later years it covers all categories, all positions and all sessions.

It also shows all point scorers for all years.

Here is a link.... just set the slider for the year you want, and then the event.... it then shows the classes available for selection.

http://www.motogp.com/en/Results+Statistics

*My woman cant wrestle. But you should see her box!*

*I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always

theracer120
Staff
Staff

Post by theracer120 » 8 months ago

http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/cras ... itid1=1051

Shouldn't list be listed as fatal given a paramedic (Günther Schneider) was killed as a result of this one?

hollie3sa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hollie3sa » 8 months ago

theracer120 wrote:
8 months ago
http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/cras ... itid1=1051

Shouldn't list be listed as fatal given a paramedic (Günther Schneider) was killed as a result of this one?
Fixed. Thank you!

Jesper Hvid
Crashfinder General
Crashfinder General

Post by Jesper Hvid » 7 months ago

While overtaking a backmarker in a NSU at the Nordkurve, Rosemberger's car slid sideways at about 150 km/h into a timekeepers stand and demolished it.
Rosenberger; not: "Rosemberger".

http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/cras ... ditid1=902

Motorsportrace
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Motorsportrace » 7 months ago

Jesper Hvid wrote:
7 months ago
While overtaking a backmarker in a NSU at the Nordkurve, Rosemberger's car slid sideways at about 150 km/h into a timekeepers stand and demolished it.
Rosenberger; not: "Rosemberger".

http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/cras ... ditid1=902
There's also "Carraciola"...

Fixed everything.
Motorsportrace

Jesper Hvid
Crashfinder General
Crashfinder General

Post by Jesper Hvid » 7 months ago

hollie3sa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hollie3sa » 7 months ago

Jesper Hvid wrote:
7 months ago
http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/cras ... ditid1=505

Pics are in the wrong order.
Fixed. Thank you.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER » 7 months ago

So I've written a 'To Do' list of technical things I want to change. It's mostly for my benefit, quoted for reference:
PTRACER wrote:
3 years ago
To Do List (07/01/2019)

[ ] Change the default Advanced Search paramater to 'All terms', not 'Any terms'
[ ] Revise Latest Entries page to include more entries
[ ] Add a 'Thanks To...' credits page
[ ] Add a new field for car numbers
[ ] Replace the clunky 'Warning' image system by separating gory pics into a second field, which is hidden behind a button and a collapsible <div>
[ ] Along with the above, remove the 'Safe' version of CPdB
[ ] Add User Login info, forcing users to create an account before they can browse the CPdB.
[ ] Give contributors individual accounts rather than one blanket admin account
[ ] Create a 'behind the scenes' log of exactly who contributes what to the CPdB so due credit can be given
[ ] Eventually replace the entire front end and search aspect of the CPdB with a standard homepage like MMorg, with clickable search terms etc.
[ ] Receive the blessings of LAT, Getty, etc. etc. etc....

ChiliFan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by ChiliFan » 7 months ago

Everso Biggyballies wrote:
8 months ago
hollie3sa wrote:
8 months ago

@hollie3sa and @PTRACER MotoGP.com have quite a good results page.... It covers back to 1950, all classes, (ie 500cc and 350cc in 1950, but by 1951 they show 125cc and 250cc as well where relevant), and all races, although looking at some of the 1950 and early results it is only the first 6 mentioned. Later years it covers all categories, all positions and all sessions.

Here is a link.... just set the slider for the year you want, and then the event.... it then shows the classes available for selection.

There's a bug on the MotoGP website where it only shows one non-finisher for every race up to about the year 2000. FORIX has a full archive as well, for 500cc at least.

Everso Biggyballies
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Raikkonen, Lauda, Clark etc
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: BMW 330C M Sport Coupe

Post by Everso Biggyballies » 7 months ago

ChiliFan wrote:
7 months ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote:
8 months ago
hollie3sa wrote:
8 months ago

There's a bug on the MotoGP website where it only shows one non-finisher for every race up to about the year 2000. FORIX has a full archive as well, for 500cc at least.
@hollie3sa
I just checked the motogp link and it still works well for me.... maybe a browser thing (I use Chrome)

*My woman cant wrestle. But you should see her box!*

*I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER » 7 months ago

I made a change to the CPdB last night, it worked on Incognito mode but it doesn't seem to on a 'regular' browser. This is what I hope to do with 'Gory' photos in future. Can you check if it works?

Motorsportrace
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Motorsportrace » 7 months ago

It doesn't work on Chrome for Android (every entry has the caption "show", but, if clicked, nothing happens).

And, also: what does the preview image show if all the images in the entry are "gory"?
Like:
http://the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/crashpho ... itid1=4074
Motorsportrace