[cpdb] Fixes/Revisions List

Our pioneering project aims to identify and catalogue every crash photo in racing history. We cannot do it alone, so if you have any spare time, view this forum and sign up to help!
Motorsportrace
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Motorsportrace »

Bottom post of the previous page:

PTRACER wrote: 4 years agoYup, sounds good. The only "problem" that will cause is it will say "Australia - Westmead (Australia)", but that's not a huge issue I suppose.

n.B. Westmead in SAF (home of the Natal GP) is just called Westmead. The one in Australia is called Westmead Speedway.
Problem solved. :mrgreen:
Motorsportrace
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/cras ... itid1=4438
http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/cras ... itid1=4469
http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/cras ... itid1=4475

A few examples of entries that used direct links to TinyPic.com, which has shut down as of today, taking all hosted pics with it. I suggest if you post a pic to the forum that you intend to use for a future CPdB entry, be sure to use the CPdB Image Uploader before posting it here. Then it won't be lost when you're ready to file said entry.

Free image upload sites are iffy operations, and are susceptible to major crashes and out-of-the-blue shutdowns. :down:
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

DaleJuniorFan wrote: 4 years ago http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/cras ... itid1=4438
http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/cras ... itid1=4469
http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/cras ... itid1=4475

A few examples of entries that used direct links to TinyPic.com, which has shut down as of today, taking all hosted pics with it. I suggest if you post a pic to the forum that you intend to use for a future CPdB entry, be sure to use the CPdB Image Uploader before posting it here. Then it won't be lost when you're ready to file said entry.

Free image upload sites are iffy operations, and are susceptible to major crashes and out-of-the-blue shutdowns. :down:
No one should be using websites like TinyPic for the CPdB. I specifically included the uploader for this purpose.

I hope that someone will go through their entries and fix these else I will just delete the missing links.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Well, I fixed them all. I had to go through the entire database to do so.

Some people have their own logins, but for everyone else, I will shortly be changing the main CPdB password. I will PM this new password to the trusted members ONLY.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

I believe I have some of the replaced ones saved, although I’ve always used the uploader.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

acerogers58 wrote: 4 years ago I believe I have some of the replaced ones saved, although I’ve always used the uploader.
That's great, thank you :thumbsup:

hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

What was our decision regarding fires such as Manfred von Brauchitsch's famous pit fire at the Nürburgring? Are we uploading these as well?

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

hollie3sa wrote: 4 years ago What was our decision regarding fires such as Manfred von Brauchitsch's famous pit fire at the Nürburgring? Are we uploading these as well?

I would have probably said no...but in this case it looks like I already went against my own advice a few years ago:
http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/cras ... ditid1=729

I would say "no" to things like mechanical failures though. Jesper posted a few pictures of cars with broken suspension, or wheels missing, but not because of an accident. We don't really need those in the database.

hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

PTRACER wrote: 4 years ago
hollie3sa wrote: 4 years ago What was our decision regarding fires such as Manfred von Brauchitsch's famous pit fire at the Nürburgring? Are we uploading these as well?

I would have probably said no...but in this case it looks like I already went against my own advice a few years ago:

I would say "no" to things like mechanical failures though. Jesper posted a few pictures of cars with broken suspension, or wheels missing, but not because of an accident. We don't really need those in the database.
Fire: yes
Mechanical failure: no

Thank you :thumbsup:
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

http://the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/crashpho ... itid1=4456

Darrell Waltrip's LMS flip at Nashville occurred in 1973, not 1971 as originally listed in the CPdB. Recently unearthed footage of the incident (@4:39 of the video below), along with the livery matching up to the existing aftermath photo, confirms this.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Thanks for making the change.

acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

How about a car that sustained significant damage enough to make it retire due to its hood flying up at 160mph, which was caused by “bump drafting”.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

With NASCAR now changing their series sponsorship model, with sponsors no longer featuring in the series title, Should we merge all NASCAR Cup series crashes under the NASCAR Cup series banner? They plan to do this with all series eventually I believe.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

acerogers58 wrote: 4 years ago With NASCAR now changing their series sponsorship model, with sponsors no longer featuring in the series title, Should we merge all NASCAR Cup series crashes under the NASCAR Cup series banner? They plan to do this with all series eventually I believe.
I would be really, really happy if there was one category and it was just called "NASCAR".

Is there not now?

acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

acerogers58 wrote: 4 years ago With NASCAR now changing their series sponsorship model, with sponsors no longer featuring in the series title, Should we merge all NASCAR Cup series crashes under the NASCAR Cup series banner? They plan to do this with all series eventually I believe.
I would be really, really happy if there was one category and it was just called "NASCAR".

Is there not now?
No, they're all split into the title sponsor of the time, Winston, Nextel, Sprint and Monster Energy.

Second division is split into Busch, Nationwide and Xfinity

Truck series is split into Craftsman, Camping World and Gandor Outdoors.

The difficult one will be the pre sponsorship crashes which are stuff like Late Model Sportsman, Grand National etc.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

acerogers58 wrote: 4 years ago

Is there not now?
No, they're all split into the title sponsor of the time, Winston, Nextel, Sprint and Monster Energy.

Second division is split into Busch, Nationwide and Xfinity

Truck series is split into Craftsman, Camping World and Gandor Outdoors.

The difficult one will be the pre sponsorship crashes which are stuff like Late Model Sportsman, Grand National etc.
These should be merged, in my opinion, since they are the same series but with a different sponsor. Top level can just be "NASCAR". Not sure what the Nationwide etc. series should be called though...