Random Motorsports Discussion ***MAY Contain Spoilers***

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Random Motorsports Discussion ***MAY Contain Spoilers***

Post by Warren »

This is just a random discussion thread for questions you may want to ask, or for info you might want to post which isn't really good enough for a thread on it's own.

*POST SPLIT FROM MOTORSPORT PHOTOS* by PTRACER

Fireball wrote:
Warren wrote:
Fireball wrote:Warren do you know the Lupo Cup?? :lol:
Yes, i have seen some of that racing. :wink: They do a lot of accidents, if I remember correctly! :shock: :lol:

We don't get very much coverage over here, which sucks. :roll:
Yeah they crash a lot :lol: . The Races are always full with action. But you get coverages of Formula 1, doesn't you??
Yeah, we get Live qualifying(2nd session) and Live race coverage. The video signal is what they call "World Feed", whatever that means. Our commentators are Rick DeBruhl(knucklehead :roll: ), David Hobbs(former driver and cool old guy :lol: ) and Steve Matchett(former Bennetton mechanic for Patrese- knows EVERYTHING about an F1 car! :shock: )

SPEED has exclusive television rights, here in the States.
Last edited by Warren 17 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
What if?
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

SPEED's commentators are RUBBISH :twisted: The British commentators aren't much better...although, they used to be, up until the American GP in 2001 :cry: (When Murray Walker gave up commentating.)
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Fireball
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Fireball »

I always want to hear english commentary in an F1 Race. It sound's great :wink: . Well the germans are a little bit boring. If there's a commercial brake during a race I switch to french TV :roll: . This is always funny :lol: .
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Fireball wrote:I switch to french TV :roll: . This is always funny :lol: .
:P It must be extremely annoying! :) I hate the French language :x
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Fireball
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Fireball »

PTRACER wrote:
No it isn't very annoying. I understand a little bit french but I didn't like it very much too :lol: . But the englisch commentary must sound great :wink: .
Last edited by Fireball 20 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

Fireball wrote:I always want to hear english commentary in an F1 Race. It sound's great :wink: . Well the germans are a little bit boring. If there's a commercial brake during a race I switch to french TV :roll: . This is always funny :lol: .
We;ve had it a lot worse, in the past! :x Now, virtually everyone on SPEED(the channel :P ), has driven some sort of race car. They don't just have people babbling away, like in some countries. :twisted:
What if?
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Fireball wrote:
PTRACER wrote:
No it's not very annoying. I understand a little bit french but I didn't like it very much too :lol: . But the englisch commentary must sound great :wink: .
Not now James Allen is the main commentator :x I've always liked Ben Edwards, I'm not sure whether you know him or not...he would be a good replacement for Murray Walker (who can NEVER be replaced I might add :wink: ). And Murray Walker will ALWAYS be the best ever...although our good friend and moderator, Warren, here, seems to disagree :twisted:

Fireball
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Fireball »

Warren wrote:
Fireball wrote:I always want to hear english commentary in an F1 Race. It sound's great :wink: . Well the germans are a little bit boring. If there's a commercial brake during a race I switch to french TV :roll: . This is always funny :lol: .
We;ve had it a lot worse, in the past! :x Now, virtually everyone on SPEED(the channel :P ), has driven some sort of race car. They don't just have people babbling away, like in some countries. :twisted:
Well the german commentators also had driven some cars. However they are talking rubbish. :roll:
Fireball
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Fireball »

PTRACER wrote:
Fireball wrote:
PTRACER wrote:
No it's not very annoying. I understand a little bit french but I didn't like it very much too :lol: . But the englisch commentary must sound great :wink: .
Not now James Allen is the main commentator :x I've always liked Ben Edwards, I'm not sure whether you know him or not...he would be a good replacement for Murray Walker (who can NEVER be replaced I might add :wink: ). And Murray Walker will ALWAYS be the best ever...although our good friend and moderator, Warren, here, seems to disagree :twisted:
I know Murray Walker...he was commentator for many many years wasn't he??? :shock:
What about Martin Brundle?? I always thougt he is one of the commentators in Britain.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Fireball wrote:I know Murray Walker...he was commentator for many many years wasn't he??? :shock:
What about Martin Brundle?? I always thougt he is one of the commentators in Britain.
Murray Walker commentated on EVERY race from 1978 - 2001. Martin Brundle is a commentator now, yes :wink: He's been a commentator since the beginning of 1997 :)

Fireball
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Fireball »

PTRACER wrote:
Fireball wrote:I know Murray Walker...he was commentator for many many years wasn't he??? :shock:
Murray Walker commentated on EVERY race from 1978 - 2001. Martin Brundle is a commentator now, yes :wink: He's been a commentator since the beginning of 1997 :)
Yeah in 1996 Martin Brundle was still a Racing Driver :lol:.
In the holidays I watched a Race with an englisch Man (A McLarenfan :twisted: ). It was great because he commentated the whole race. :lol:
Fireball
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Fireball »

Which Formula 1 Team do you like most?? :D
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Fireball wrote:Which Formula 1 Team do you like most?? :D
Not Ferrari :evil: :lol: McLaren or Williams :wink: I like them both the same. What about you? :)

Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

WHO?!? ME?!? :lol:

Well, I like Kimi, but not necessarily McLaren. I like the way Sauber brings massive talent into the picture. I like Rubino, but not really Ferrari. I'd like to see Jag - U - err do well, but they screwed the whole works, when they got rid of Rahal. Big Mistake, in my opinion. I like Renault, seems like a good team, on the "up and up". :)
What if?
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Warren wrote:
WHO?!? ME?!? :lol:

Well, I like Kimi, but not necessarily McLaren. I like the way Sauber brings massive talent into the picture. I like Rubino, but not really Ferrari. I'd like to see Jag - U - err do well, but they screwed the whole works, when they got rid of Rahal. Big Mistake, in my opinion. I like Renault, seems like a good team, on the "up and up". :)
That reminds me of something that would be good :wink: Webber in a McLaren or Williams!!!!! :D