NASCAR 2019 - News and Discussion

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Great result for DiBurrito. Tops his previous best of sixth at Bristol in 2016. I always hoped to see him in a really good Cup ride for a few races but guess he'll never get that chance.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Justin Haley wins his first race in his third cup series start after a gamble he won with the rain
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

acerogers58 wrote: 4 years ago Justin Haley wins his first race in his third cup series start after a gamble he won with the rain
After Nascar letting the drivers know it was going green in a few laps and he was the first one not to pit. There's quite a few drivers out there who have every right to be angered.

Turned on midway through, and it seems like they have sorted out the plate races. It was fun.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

John wrote: 4 years ago After Nascar letting the drivers know it was going green in a few laps and he was the first one not to pit. There's quite a few drivers out there who have every right to be angered.

Turned on midway through, and it seems like they have sorted out the plate races. It was fun.
The Pace car lights went out, with one lap to green. And then, while a few drivers had pitted, including Kurt Busch, the lights went on again and the race was red flagged. Not the first time Kurt has been nailed by this.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Nobody got screwed over, the pace car lights went off at the start/finish line and they got one to go, then there was a lightning strike as the field were on the back stretch, and the legal fallout from the Pocono deaths a few years ago has caused NASCAR to be super risk averse and I believe it was part of the settlement that they implement a lightning strike procedure.

It's not like they knew where and when the Lightning strike was going to happen and conspired against Kurt Busch, if I was a crew chief, knowing there had been lightning strikes 20 miles away heading this way, I'd have told my driver to stay out until they ran out too, not pitted him like Busch's chief did.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Thanks for clarifying @Ian-S and @erwin greven , I switched off during the rain delay and only read the post-race rants on the Interwebs today.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Ian-S wrote: 4 years ago Nobody got screwed over, the pace car lights went off at the start/finish line and they got one to go, then there was a lightning strike as the field were on the back stretch, and the legal fallout from the Pocono deaths a few years ago has caused NASCAR to be super risk averse and I believe it was part of the settlement that they implement a lightning strike procedure.

It's not like they knew where and when the Lightning strike was going to happen and conspired against Kurt Busch, if I was a crew chief, knowing there had been lightning strikes 20 miles away heading this way, I'd have told my driver to stay out until they ran out too, not pitted him like Busch's chief did.
But don't you think then that they should have reverted back to the previous lap's running order?
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

SB83 wrote: 4 years ago
Ian-S wrote: 4 years ago Nobody got screwed over, the pace car lights went off at the start/finish line and they got one to go, then there was a lightning strike as the field were on the back stretch, and the legal fallout from the Pocono deaths a few years ago has caused NASCAR to be super risk averse and I believe it was part of the settlement that they implement a lightning strike procedure.

But don't you think then that they should have reverted back to the previous lap's running order?
I've never known them to do that previously?
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Ian-S wrote: 4 years ago
SB83 wrote: 4 years ago

I've never known them to do that previously?
I mean like how if a pass happens after a yellow, the order is reverted to the way it was before the yellow lights came on.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

But this wasn't green flag > caution > pass for position, this was race under caution > field given one to go > leader pits > half a lap later lightning strike > litigation avoidance red flag > pisses down > race declared.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

The point is that actions and positions changed as a result can be nullified by going to the running order of the previous lap, before wrongly giving the one-to-go. And it's something they could have easily done but didn't because NASCAR.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

It wasn't wrong to give the one to go signal was it if at the time they fully intended to restart the race?

Unless you're saying NASCAR have the ability to predict where and when a lightning strike will occur and they knew it would happen, if that were the case, why start the race in the first place?
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

To give the one to go was not a mistake as there's obviously no way they'd know lightning would strike. However, once the lightning struck and they had to abort the race, they could've reverted back to the running order as it was before the call of one to go was given.
Cclark22
Favourite Motorsport: Nascar
Favourite Driver: Chase Elliott
Favourite Circuit: Talladega

Post by Cclark22 »

And the trend is set to continue
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Talladega round is restarted at lap 59 of 188. Yesterday it was redflagged because of the weather conditions.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Today's Big One #1