Formula E 2018-2019 (Season five)

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on the current seasons of NASCAR, IndyCar, V8 Supercars, DTM, WTCC, BTCC, GP2, GP3 and other junior formulae, rallying and all other forms of motorsport.
User avatar
kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 27946
Joined: 11 years ago
Real Name: Kieran
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park
Location: New Jersey

Re: Formula E 2018-2019 (Season five)

Post by kals » 7 months ago

Latest post of the previous page:

Gimmicky or not, it was a great race. Formula E has been brilliant in 2019.

User avatar
Everso Biggyballies
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Posts: 25810
Joined: 13 years ago
Real Name: Chris
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Raikkonen, Lauda, Clark etc
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: BMW 330C M Sport Coupe
Location: 8 kms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies » 7 months ago

I must admit this race in Mexico was the best FE race I have seen.... Yes it was very good.

I believe it was because the track was less of a go kart track and was wide enough to go 2 abreast safely. Unless your name is Nelson Piquet Jnr.

*My woman cant wrestle. But you should see her box!*


*I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always

User avatar
MonteCristo
FMB Representative
FMB Representative
Posts: 3996
Joined: 3 years ago
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Post by MonteCristo » 6 months ago

Caught 3 minutes of Formula E before switching off. Race start from Hong Kong.

It was just dodgem cars.
Danny Ric in F1! Catch the fever!

Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion

User avatar
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 36742
Joined: 16 years ago
Real Name: Paul
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Location: U.K.
Contact:

Post by PTRACER » 6 months ago

MonteCristo wrote:
6 months ago
Caught 3 minutes of Formula E before switching off. Race start from Hong Kong.

It was just dodgem cars.
Yeah and it ended with Sam Bird ramming Lotterer a lap before the finish, giving the latter driver a puncture and handing Bird the win. It's kind of like an old touring car race but with open wheelers. I hope one day F.E. races on a proper circuit.
King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records

User avatar
Antonov
I am Stefan GP
I am Stefan GP
Posts: 11716
Joined: 11 years ago
Real Name: Tobias
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI
Location: home

Post by Antonov » 6 months ago

what a mess.

User avatar
Vassago
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 1066
Joined: 16 years ago
Location: Poland

Post by Vassago » 6 months ago

PTRACER wrote:
6 months ago
MonteCristo wrote:
6 months ago
Caught 3 minutes of Formula E before switching off. Race start from Hong Kong.

It was just dodgem cars.
Yeah and it ended with Sam Bird ramming Lotterer a lap before the finish, giving the latter driver a puncture and handing Bird the win. It's kind of like an old touring car race but with open wheelers. I hope one day F.E. races on a proper circuit.
Not gonna happen. FE is about racing in big cities which have no genuine race tracks available by default. Nobody's gonna travel hundreds of miles to a proper circuit for a 45 minute race. Not to mention a complete lack of support races as well.
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...

User avatar
Everso Biggyballies
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Posts: 25810
Joined: 13 years ago
Real Name: Chris
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Raikkonen, Lauda, Clark etc
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: BMW 330C M Sport Coupe
Location: 8 kms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies » 6 months ago

Vassago wrote:
6 months ago
PTRACER wrote:
6 months ago
MonteCristo wrote:
6 months ago
Caught 3 minutes of Formula E before switching off. Race start from Hong Kong.

It was just dodgem cars.
Yeah and it ended with Sam Bird ramming Lotterer a lap before the finish, giving the latter driver a puncture and handing Bird the win. It's kind of like an old touring car race but with open wheelers. I hope one day F.E. races on a proper circuit.
Not gonna happen. FE is about racing in big cities which have no genuine race tracks available by default. Nobody's gonna travel hundreds of miles to a proper circuit for a 45 minute race. Not to mention a complete lack of support races as well.
Not much I admit, but they have the Jaguar iSport Challenge as support category. :wink:

*My woman cant wrestle. But you should see her box!*


*I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always

User avatar
kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 27946
Joined: 11 years ago
Real Name: Kieran
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park
Location: New Jersey

Post by kals » 6 months ago

That was another interesting race. As for that incident, Bird went for a gap that wasn’t there although Lotterer moved slightly in the braking zone. Bird though would have clattered into Lotterer even if the German had stayed where he was.

@PTRACER what kind of proper circuits could be used? Mexico City and Monaco have been on the calendar for a few years and both have to use muted versions to suit the cars.

User avatar
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 36742
Joined: 16 years ago
Real Name: Paul
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Location: U.K.
Contact:

Post by PTRACER » 6 months ago

kals wrote:
6 months ago
That was another interesting race. As for that incident, Bird went for a gap that wasn’t there although Lotterer moved slightly in the braking zone. Bird though would have clattered into Lotterer even if the German had stayed where he was.

@PTRACER what kind of proper circuits could be used? Mexico City and Monaco have been on the calendar for a few years and both have to use muted versions to suit the cars.
Brands Indy. Donington Short. Circuits like that. Without stupid concrete chicanes, preferably.
King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records

User avatar
kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 27946
Joined: 11 years ago
Real Name: Kieran
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park
Location: New Jersey

Post by kals » 6 months ago

PTRACER wrote:
6 months ago
Brands Indy. Donington Short. Circuits like that. Without stupid concrete chicanes, preferably.
While I would also prefer short permanent circuits, your latter point comment is the reason why those types of circuits won’t be replacing the temporary street courses. The cars need constant braking and off-power use for the regen. Circuits like Brands Indy or Donington National being fast and flowing don’t require much or any brake usage, meaning a short battery life.

Also, Sam Bird was given a 5 second penalty as punishment for the incident with Lotterer, which promotes Mortara to the win and drops Bird to 6th.

User avatar
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 36742
Joined: 16 years ago
Real Name: Paul
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Location: U.K.
Contact:

Post by PTRACER » 6 months ago

kals wrote:
6 months ago
PTRACER wrote:
6 months ago
Brands Indy. Donington Short. Circuits like that. Without stupid concrete chicanes, preferably.
While I would also prefer short permanent circuits, your latter point comment is the reason why those types of circuits won’t be replacing the temporary street courses. The cars need constant braking and off-power use for the regen. Circuits like Brands Indy or Donington National being fast and flowing don’t require much or any brake usage, meaning a short battery life.
That's something I never really knew/thought about, so thanks!
King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records

User avatar
Vassago
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 1066
Joined: 16 years ago
Location: Poland

Post by Vassago » 6 months ago

They really went for the "track was damp" excuse? Some bullshit that was...
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...

User avatar
kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 27946
Joined: 11 years ago
Real Name: Kieran
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park
Location: New Jersey

Post by kals » 6 months ago

Vassago wrote:
6 months ago
They really went for the "track was damp" excuse? Some bullshit that was...
Who went for that excuse?

I’ve been trying avoid some media sites these past couple of hours so not to spoil to the MotoGP races

User avatar
Vassago
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 1066
Joined: 16 years ago
Location: Poland

Post by Vassago » 6 months ago

kals wrote:
6 months ago
Vassago wrote:
6 months ago
They really went for the "track was damp" excuse? Some bullshit that was...
Who went for that excuse?

I’ve been trying avoid some media sites these past couple of hours so not to spoil to the MotoGP races
Quote : "It is acknowledged the track was damp" tells me that was a chief part of Virgin's defense. Complete BS.

Image
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...

User avatar
kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 27946
Joined: 11 years ago
Real Name: Kieran
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park
Location: New Jersey

Post by kals » 6 months ago

Lol that’s amusing. Thanks @Vassago

User avatar
LaraCroft2016
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 242
Joined: 3 years ago
Real Name: Alice
Favourite Motorsport: F1, Indycar, Nascar
Favourite Racing Car: Williams-Renault
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna, Dale Earnhardt
Favourite Circuit: Daytona, Talladega, Spa
Car(s) Currently Owned: no

Post by LaraCroft2016 » 6 months ago

In formula E you can't overtake just puncture the car in front of you.
"The attacks to the twin towers were planned since 1982" Osama Bin Laden in 2004

Post Reply