Including the Indy 500 and all junior series leading up to IndyCar
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

One or two car team? Could use it as a proving ground for young talent.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

MonteCristo wrote: 4 years ago One or two car team? Could use it as a proving ground for young talent.
Two cars, plus a possible third for Indy. According to Autosport.com Hinch is defiantly out due to his Honda Canada connection, so likely is Ericsson. Possibilities for 2020 are Felipe Nasr along with Nicholas Latifi. Obviously Alonso is on the list.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Yeah, Hinch and Ericsson are both gone. ME have expressed a desire to stay with Arrow SPM for 2020 and Hinch had a contract in place, but they'll both head into free agency. They should both be able to conjure up a ride for next year though, they deserve a ride, both of them. Hinch will find it easier with his Honda-backing, not sure where this lands ME. I've enjoyed having to Swedes in the series, it's been fantastic for our TV-coverage.

Not sure if an all-rookie Nasr/Latifi line-up is the best way to go about things, though.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

John wrote: 4 years ago Yeah, Hinch and Ericsson are both gone. ME have expressed a desire to stay with Arrow SPM for 2020 and Hinch had a contract in place, but they'll both head into free agency. They should both be able to conjure up a ride for next year though, they deserve a ride, both of them. Hinch will find it easier with his Honda-backing, not sure where this lands ME. I've enjoyed having to Swedes in the series, it's been fantastic for our TV-coverage.

Not sure if an all-rookie Nasr/Latifi line-up is the best way to go about things, though.
Yes and yes to all of the above. ME could find himself at Carlin given the revolving door of drivers they've been going through. Hinch could end at Rahal who is expanding to three entries in 2020.

As for Arrow McLaren Racing SP, they should take Nasr and align him to an experienced Indycar driver. Maybe they could pry someone like Power from Penske (is his contract up this year?).
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Hinch has gone public on social media and announced that he’ll drive for McLaren in 2020. Thus splitting with Honda.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Great news for Hinch
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

kals wrote: 4 years ago Great news for Hinch
This really kick-started silly season which was all but dead when Rossi resigned with Andretti.

As for your previous question, all three Penske drivers are under contract for next year. That said, all contracts have out-clauses.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

John wrote: 4 years ago...when Rossi resigned with Andretti.
Rossi is leaving Andretti? :shock:

:tongue:
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

kals wrote: 4 years ago
John wrote: 4 years ago...when Rossi resigned with Andretti.
Rossi is leaving Andretti? :shock:

:tongue:
Oh damnit I did a noob. :shock:

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Not sure how I feel about all this.

Does this mean Schmidt was in a poor financial position?

Net zero benefit, possibly, out of this if they just have two cars.

Also the impact on Shank.

Would have rather a single car, standalone team! :(

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

It's the easy way to do it, bung someone a skip full of other people's money and take 50% of what they have then claim 100% of the credit, rather than start from scratch and work your way up. I mean it's technically what Andretti did, so we can't really complain that much.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Not just Andretti (Green-Herta Autosport) but a good number of the teams. Some merged together to maintain their presence on the ford, some took significant investment from an outsider, then there is Carlin who merely rebranded half of Ganassi’s squad.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Herta set to leave HSR at the end of the season, going to either McLaren or Andretti. No seats left at Andretti unless Marco decides to go into (a long overdue) retirement.

As in, Michael telling him to fuck off to secure a talent in the #98 car and for the team.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

John wrote: 4 years ago Herta set to leave HSR at the end of the season, going to either McLaren or Andretti. No seats left at Andretti unless Marco decides to go into (a long overdue) retirement.

As in, Michael telling him to fuck off to secure a talent in the #98 car and for the team.
Could Michael shift Marco to the HSR seat, opening the door for Herta? Similar to what he did with Rossi / Marco with the Herta Autosport seat.
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

John wrote: 4 years ago Herta set to leave HSR at the end of the season, going to either McLaren or Andretti. No seats left at Andretti unless Marco decides to go into (a long overdue) retirement.

Could Michael shift Marco to the HSR seat, opening the door for Herta? Similar to what he did with Rossi / Marco with the Herta Autosport seat.
Interesting idea. Thing is, apparently Marco owns part of the seat. So he'd need to be willing to step aside.

I wonder what this means for HSR though. I mean, they're not doing well financially, despite having one of the most sellable seats in racing at the moment.

John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

MonteCristo wrote: 4 years ago

Interesting idea. Thing is, apparently Marco owns part of the seat. So he'd need to be willing to step aside.

I wonder what this means for HSR though. I mean, they're not doing well financially, despite having one of the most sellable seats in racing at the moment.
I've seen Oliver Askew being touted as one of the favorites for the HSR for next year, Andretti is apparently keen on getting him in the HSR car.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.