Formula E 2016-17 Season

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
Scorpion
Favourite Motorsport: Formula E
Favourite Racing Car: -
Favourite Driver: So many of them
Favourite Circuit: Classic ones
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Polo 6N

Post by Scorpion »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Mekola wrote:Unfortunately don't have the funds to attend Buenos Aires Formula E event. But I'll see how I could follow it.
He should have got first race during Mexico City ePrix, will ask my buddies in motorsport if they know more details
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Jules Bianchi... won't ever forget you my friends
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Buenos Aires Qualifying is on at the moment and I believe the race will be at this link too at 7pm tonight UK time (it's currently 3:10pm):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFJtPmsDrOE
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Not available in my country. :sorrow:
(Thanks anyway) :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

The race is live on Fox Sports 5 in Australia if you've got that channel :thumbsup:

Qualifying is still on, I've seen four or five drivers hit the wall so far and break their rear suspension. The way qualifying works though, they're continuing the lap and finishing it because the people who hit the wall earlier in the session are last and these drivers can get five or six places ahead.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

PTRACER wrote:The race is live on Fox Sports 5 in Australia if you've got that channel :thumbsup:
Thanks Paul.... I do have that channel, and I have followed the races on that. Thanks for the reminder it is on this weekend though. Sadly they dont cover qualy. :wink:

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Everso Biggyballies wrote:
PTRACER wrote:The race is live on Fox Sports 5 in Australia if you've got that channel :thumbsup:
Thanks Paul.... I do have that channel, and I have followed the races on that. Thanks for the reminder it is on this weekend though. Sadly they dont cover qualy. :wink:
The race actually starts in 2.5 hours I believe :smiley:

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PTRACER wrote:
Everso Biggyballies wrote:
The race actually starts in 2.5 hours I believe :smiley:
EEEK, thats 6 am for me. I might have faded by then. Maybe I will catch the replay later. But thanks anyway.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I don't have access to the stream now either, for the same reasons. Why would Formula E bother to put up a live stream and then ban half the world from viewing it??

theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

Probably because of the TV broadcasters.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

PTRACER wrote:I don't have access to the stream now either, for the same reasons. Why would Formula E bother to put up a live stream and then ban half the world from viewing it??
TV rights, Formula Pee races are on Channel 5 here live.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Scorpion
Favourite Motorsport: Formula E
Favourite Racing Car: -
Favourite Driver: So many of them
Favourite Circuit: Classic ones
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Polo 6N

Post by Scorpion »

There are plans to add more races to the calendar... First is Dubai ePrix.
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Jules Bianchi... won't ever forget you my friends
Alen13ASC
Favourite Racing Car: Robocar
Favourite Driver: Fernando Alonso
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Alen13ASC »

After a long winter break, Formula E was back with a bang in Buenos Aires, but despite three months away. The sport hasn’t been hibernating regarding finding future venues.

There have been a lot of rumours circulating over the past three months about where Formula E may land in season four or five. So we have taken a look at how likely those speculations are.

Berlin’s Long Term Home
Before we get into the speculated events, the 2017 Berlin ePrix will be moving back to Tempelhof airport, which staged the inaugural German round of the championship.

The change occurred after the city’s Senate voted against giving Formula E the go-ahead for the planned venue on Karl-Marx-Allee, which held last year’s event.

Luckily, the sport was able to return to the Tempelhof airport in 2017. Now that the refugee situation is improving in Tempelhof – we were told that there are only 700 refugees remained in the hangars of the airport and that they will not affect the event. The exact layout is still being kept secret; we hear rumours from Germany about a five-year contract being with Tempelhof!

The exact layout is still being kept secret; we also hear rumours from Germany about a five-year contract being signed with Tempelhof!

Chance of a race: 10/10

Hamburg Still Possible
In the light of the Berlin ePrix being in serious jeopardy earlier this year, Hamburg’s CDU faction has raised interest in hosting a Formula E race to act as a replacement for Berlin.

The idea was put down surprisingly quickly, though: The traffic obstructions and the noise pollution are not something the governing Green party was in favour of.

However, Formula E insists that there is a possibility that the sport could race there in the future.

Chance of a race: 1/10

Could Rome be on the table
After a last-minute kick from the 2014/15 calendar, Italy’s capital Rome has yet again expressed interest in hosting a Formula E race. The plan: Setting up an ePrix in the district of Europa (EUR) and hosting the first Rome ePrix in April 2018. Sounds easy, doesn’t it?

Well, residents don’t quite think so. They reacted with protests, demonstrations and a petition concerning the planned race, making the organisation of the ePrix an awful lot more difficult.

EUR is one of Rome’s problem areas with poor social structures and prostitution problems. “Showing the glamour of Formula E in this district would be hypocritical”, an opponent of the race told ‘La Repubblica’.

In spite of all the protests, Virginia Raggi, mayor of Rome, still wants to push the race through. Just this month, she met with members of her city council and Formula E CEO Alejandro Agag. The newspaper later released a layout draft, including 19 turns, plenty of 90-degree corners and a hairpin.

Chance of a race: 4/10

What’s up, Brussels?
The Belgian city looks set to be removed from the calendar before Formula E set off on their European leg of the season. After having to change the location in November, local authorities now agreed that a Brussels ePrix in 2017 is highly unlikely.

In brief, it might only have been an issue of organisation. “We are in favour of organising the race in the Brussels region”, the city’s Transport Minister Pascal Smet tweeted after a meeting with the mayor. “However, we will not be able to race in Koekelberg this year, as the short-term organisation would be too complicated.”

For the time being, it seems highly unlikely that the electric racing series is going to go to Brussels this year. However, a race in the Belgian capital is still on the cards for the fourth season of Formula E.

Chance of a race in 2017: 1/10 Chance of a race in 2018: 7/10

Into the Alps
After over a year of rumours, a race in the home country of Formula E’s reigning champion Sebastien Buemi might come together at last. According to ‘e-Formel.de’, plans for an ePrix in Zurich have become very precise in the last couple months.

The German news portal also shared a layout of the circuit, locating the circuit in front of the city’s harbour. “I think we are in a good position”, Roger Tognella, the promoter of the Zurich ePrix, told. “We have already convinced many politicians and stakeholders, but there still are some minor issues which have to be cleared.”

Therefore, the chance of a Zurich ePrix in early 2018 is “pretty good”. Let’s hope for the best!

Chance of a race: 7.5/10

Jumping over the pond
Miami, Long Beach, Las Vegas, New York. Formula E undoubtedly has a key market in the USA. In the last few weeks, a few new names have joined the list. Rumour has it that up to five other cities are interested in hosting a race in the future.

While Alejandro Agag shared a picture of him visiting Chicago on LinkedIn, international media reported on plans concerning races in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Austin.

We have no information on which city might have the best chances, but Formula E has always wanted two races in the US, so it’s almost sure that we will see another race happening in the States.

Chance of a race: 7.5/10

How about Chile?
The list of interested cites does not end. Just last week, our friends from ‘e-racing.net’ shared the news of an interest group from Chile.

A delegation from the South American country seems to have begun discussions with Formula E CEO Alejandro Agag at last weekend’s Buenos Aires ePrix.

The group, led by Chile’s ex-F1 driver Eliseo Salazar, envision a race in the capital Santiago. Both Chile’s Minister of Energy Andres Rebolledo Smittens and Minister of Sports Pablo Squella are understood to be in favour of the race.

However, they need to find investment, which is estimated to be at around 10 million dollars, which would have to come from private sponsorship.

Chance of a race: 4/10

The list of possible contenders for next year’s calendar could go on and on. It will certainly be interesting to see which cities will feature in the first draft of next season’s schedule. The first draft is expected to be released after the FIA WMSC’s meeting on 24 March, but the final version will be shown in June.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

The Mexico ePrix was really good!

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Yeah I got up and watched live this morning (7.30am for us). Good to see them racing on a proper track rather than a round the houses tight as hell street track. Pretty close racing though. Im liking Formula E more and more as it develops.

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Monaco is next, that was epic fun last time.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Yeah should be good. Did not see the last one. :roll: