[BTCC/STCC/TCR etc.] 2023

WTCC, BTCC, DTM and Aussie V8s
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I totally agree, and the fact that the article was on their main page is a sign of their audience. I regret linking to it, but no other newspaper would consider it newsworthy.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

http://www.dtm.com/en/news/sports-court ... anguage=EN
DTM.com wrote:The sports court of the DMSB condemns unsporting behavior

The sports court of the German Motor Racing Association, DMSB, analysed the incidents that occurred within the framework of the DTM race at Spielberg and convicted the persons involved for having displayed gamesmanship. With immediate effect and up to the end of the season, entering the pit lane and getting active access to the pit radio is strictly prohibited for Audi Motorsport Director Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich. Timo Scheider mustn’t compete in the DTM race meeting at Moscow and in addition, the brand Audi will be deprived the 62 points scored in the second race of the Spielberg weekend. In addition, a 200,000 fine was imposed.

The judges regarded is as evident that Dr Wolfgang Ullrich sent – in his function as Audi Motorsport Director – a radio message to Audi driver Timo Scheider, telling him to involve another driver in a collision. As such behaviour massively damages the sport’s public reputation, the sentence had to be appropriately severe. As DMSB contact from the sports law’s point of view, Team Phoenix Racing also had to be involved in the penalisation, although the court regarded it as proven that the team had no chance of influencing the radio message of the Audi Motorsport Director.

Consequently, the preliminary result of the race at Spielberg – where Timo Scheider had been disqualified by the stewards on site – has been confirmed. Meanwhile, the manufacturers’ championship will be re-established, with the other competitors moving up the board. The performance weights will be distributed according to the now official result. All the parties involved forewent their right to appeal against the sentence. The €200,000 fine will be used DMSB entrusted for a specific purpose – for youth promotion and safety projects.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Not harsh enough.
Also it should be discussed whether factory officialls should be allowed in the paddock at all. Also a radio ban would do the whole farce good,.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

How pathetic.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

What a bunbh of cuntfaced wankers the Russians (politicians and Govt.) are.... why can they not embrace the event and the need to have specific foods for the VIP guests and team, that are coming to entertain and show the people of potential influence to improve the Russian economy and level of poverty.... with food that isn't from some Moscow Maccas, and use the event to promote not only the perception of Russia but use it as an avenue for opening potential economy saving trade deals that could eventuate, something that might bring Russia into the 21 st century. But no, common sense is not an option and they have to behave like idiots.

If I was the DTM I would simply cancel the event and let the Russian Govt and promoters to wear the costs incurred in promoting and preparing for the event to date. Hell, to work on the Russian morals I would love to see all Russian drivers banned from driving in the DTM. If it was the Russian TC series there would be pathetic regulations already in place.

Pathetic is a compliment to where my thoughts and beliefs of Russian politics are. Sadly the Russian people (who I have no issue with at all, and I feel sorry for the shite, spite, and hypocrisy of the government and leadership they have to live under) are the ones that ultimately suffer from these wankers in control.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Well I had no idea there was so much controversy regarding the DTM this season.

Back to what Erwin posted - the Austrian police are looking at Scheider's incident now, because he "could have caused physical harm". Wolfgang Ullrich is under investigation for coercing Scheider into performing the move.

This was it:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Metzo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: touring cars
Favourite Circuit: AVUS, Salzburgring

Post by Metzo »

i'm pretty excited about this
Metzo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: touring cars
Favourite Circuit: AVUS, Salzburgring

Post by Metzo »

Volvo S60 touring car caught testing at Mantorp Park

Volvo are understood to be planning to announce their 2016 plans on October 13th.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

I wonder if we will see that down under in the V8SC, perhaps to update the currently raced (but presumably older model S60). Maybe it is just the colour scheme in the pic but it looks quite different to the model raced down under.

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Volvo Polestar Cyan Racing confirms multi-year deal for WTCC and at least 2016 in V8SC.

***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Gorgeous car.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Love it..... pity we dont have that style of bodywork in V8SC..... love the wheelarches and angular treatment on the sills etc.

Wish the team the best in the WTCC :thumbsup:

kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Errrmmmm :amazed:
Argentina's Super TC2000 touring car series introduced rallycross-style joker laps for its latest round last weekend.

The San Martin circuit in Mendoza featured a shortcut that bypassed the final complex of corners and fed drivers back onto the start-finish straight.

The joker section provided a time gain of around eight seconds, with each driver allowed to use it twice in the race between laps three and 23.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121730
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I know this is only the 2015 thread, but this relates to the 2016 season.

Scott McLaughlin to drive in STCC Round 1

Scott McLaughlin will substitute for Prince Carl Philip at Polestar Cyan Racing in the opening round of the 2016 Scandinavian Touring Car Championship this weekend

He will join regular STCC drivers Robert Dahlgren and Richard Göransson in Polestar Cyan Racing’s third Volvo S60 Polestar STCC at the Skövde Airport Race on May 1st.
”I am looking forward to go to Sweden again for my second visit, this time I will be driving a race car which is exactly what I want to do,” said McLaughlin who visited the team in 2014.

”I am just looking forward to the challenge and will try to do a good job for the Prince of Sweden who I am subbing in for. I am really excited to join my old team-mate Robert Dahlgren in the STCC with Polestar Cyan Racing.

Prince Carl Philip will miss the first STCC race of the 2016 season due to the 70th birthday of his father King Carl XVI Gustaf, as well as having become a father himself in the past week.

”Warm congratulations from all of us at Polestar Cyan Racing to Prince Carl Philip and while we are sorry to miss him for the first race, Scott is a young and promising racing talent who has done a great job in Australia. We are delighted to have him with us for the first race and he will certainly face a tough challenge with so limited time in the STCC car, but we are confident in his abilities to adapt,” said Alexander Murdzevski Schedvin, Head of Motorsport at Polestar
Scott will go to Sweden on the back off his double race win and Pole Position weekend at Phillip Island last week, so travels on a high and with high hopes of a decent result in the Swedish Championship.

Prince Carl Philip will return for the second race at Mantorp Park on May 26th and for the remainder of the season.

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

That's awesome.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***