2005 Rallye SATA on the Azores, Fatality (article in German)

Post your requests for pictures, videos or documents here and we will find it for you!
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

2005 Rallye SATA on the Azores, Fatality (article in German)

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Sonntag, 03.07.2005 17:28

Schwerer Unfall überschattet Rallye SATA

Ein schwerer Unfall überschattet die Rally SATA. Darin verwickelt ist der Fahrer Ricardo Teodosio. Bei dem Unfall bei Nacht am Ende der Qualifizierung kam eine Frau ums Leben. Der Unfall passierte bei Ribeira Grande am Ende des ersten Tages. Ricardo Teodosio war dabei mit einem Fahrzeug zusammnen gestossen, in dem eine vierköpfige Familie saß. Während sich der Mann nur Schnittwunden zuzog, erlag die Frau auf dem Weg ins Hospital von Ribeira Grande ihren Verletzungen. Die beiden Kinder kamen verletzt ins Hospital nach Ponta Delgada. Der Zustand des siebenjährigen Jungen wurde bis zuletzt als sehr ernst aber stabil angegeben.
Can anybody tell me anything more about this?
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Case now added to mm.org, based on the above info.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

All I can tell you is Ricardo Teodosio was car #8 in a class 4 group N Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6 with co-driver Paulo Primaz, both Portugese.

Round 5 of the FIA European Rally Cup 2005 40º Sata Rallye Açores
Start: 1 July 2005 in Ponta Delgada
Finish: 2 July 2005 in Ponta Delgada
Distance: 717.6 km including 222.32 km over 20 special stages (of which 2 were cancelled)
Special stage surface: Gravel
Participants: 48 teams at the start, 25 at the finish

http://www.rallybase.nl/index.php?type= ... llyid=1514
driver profile: http://www.rallybase.nl/index.php?type= ... verid=7775

I cant find a name for the woman that was killed whilst sitting in a car with her kids (one of whom was serious but stable in hospital)that was run into by the above at night.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Everso Biggyballies wrote:All I can tell you is Ricardo Teodosio was car #8 in a class 4 group N Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6 with co-driver Paulo Primaz, both Portugese.

Round 5 of the FIA European Rally Cup 2005 40º Sata Rallye Açores
Start: 1 July 2005 in Ponta Delgada
Finish: 2 July 2005 in Ponta Delgada
Distance: 717.6 km including 222.32 km over 20 special stages (of which 2 were cancelled)
Special stage surface: Gravel
Participants: 48 teams at the start, 25 at the finish

http://www.rallybase.nl/index.php?type= ... llyid=1514
driver profile: http://www.rallybase.nl/index.php?type= ... verid=7775

I cant find a name for the woman that was killed whilst sitting in a car with her kids (one of whom was serious but stable in hospital)that was run into by the above at night.
Thanks - looked it up there, as well (it says Lancer Evo 7 not 6, though). Strangely, it doesn't say reason for retirement. It happened at the end of a qualy run ending during the night, and it's possible it was related to actual competition, rather than being a traffic accident afterwards (the team were still in the car). On the other hand, they could have finished the stage, then crashed (can't remember a similar case, ATM). There must be something on some Portugese news site, or other. I'll keep looking.