Possibile Leaked video of Krebs/Meyrick huge crash at the 24 Hours of Spa 2018.

Post your requests for pictures, videos or documents here and we will find it for you!
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: Motogp and WSBK + everythin classic
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 98T
Favourite Driver: Kevin Schwantz
Favourite Circuit: VIR

Possibile Leaked video of Krebs/Meyrick huge crash at the 24 Hours of Spa 2018.

Post by mattia2 »

So, i think everyone have heard about this crash. The two cars were destroyed and the two drivers escaped with not too many injuries. The video of the crash wasn't shown live, but i've heard on Facebook that a video of the crash was briefly leaked online. If anyone has seen it or manage to find it, please post it down below :)
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

https://streamable.com/bdqyz

Here is some footage of it... I've downloaded it incase it gets taken down. It just misses the major impact but you can see a car spinning while on fire after it.
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by mattia2 »

theracer120 wrote: 5 years ago https://streamable.com/bdqyz

Here is some footage of it... I've downloaded it incase it gets taken down. It just misses the major impact but you can see a car spinning while on fire after it.
Yes i've seen that. But this guy (which later i've discovered was one of the italian commentators for the italian TV in the mid 90's) said that on the internet appeared some footage that was censored in TV. So i think that the video i'm looking for is something hand recorded from a CCTV monitor, something that wasn's suppose to be seen by anyone.
Motorsportrace
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Motorsportrace »

mattia2 wrote: 5 years ago

Yes i've seen that. But this guy (which later i've discovered was one of the italian commentators for the italian TV in the mid 90's) said that on the internet appeared some footage that was censored in TV. So i think that the video i'm looking for is something hand recorded from a CCTV monitor, something that wasn's suppose to be seen by anyone.
If I can... what's his name?
Motorsportrace
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by mattia2 »

Motorsportrace wrote: 5 years ago
mattia2 wrote: 5 years ago

If I can... what's his name?
Guido Schittone, he was also the director of Autosprint some years ago
Motorsportrace
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Motorsportrace »

mattia2 wrote: 5 years ago Guido Schittone, he was also the director of Autosprint some years ago
Thanks. He was a journalist (and race commentator from 1991 to 1996) for Mediaset.
Motorsportrace
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

The sound in the streamable video is sickening.

Btw, Andy Meyrick has been released from hospital now. He broke both his legs in the crash. Krebs will be released by the end of the week, I expect he had similar injuries too - the cars hit head on at 170mph. Interview with Meyrick: https://www.motorsport.com/bes/news/mey ... y/3153090/
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records