Second angle of Gilles Villeneuve's fatal crash & other stuff

Post your requests for pictures, videos or documents here and we will find it for you!
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: Motogp and WSBK + everythin classic
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 98T
Favourite Driver: Kevin Schwantz
Favourite Circuit: VIR

Second angle of Gilles Villeneuve's fatal crash & other stuff

Post by mattia2 »

I have 3 Separate 3 requests, i'm putting this together because i don'want to flood this section with three separate posts.
1- Recently i've read a comment on an italian Facebook page that said that exist another view of the fatal crash of Gilles Villeneuve. So, someone has realy seen this footage? In many years i didin't see or heard of another view of that crash, so it seems strange to me.

2- i'm looking for the Gustavo Sondermann fatal crash, i remember seeing is crash on youtube, but the footage seems to be disapperead. I hope someone still have this crash.

3- Someone telled me that he saw (like three years ago) the infamous crash of Pastor Maldonado at Monaco in 2005. Someone has this video? i'm trying to reach the guy who send the video on the internet, if i have any updates i will edit this post.

EDIT: i've founded the Maldonado Crash, but the capper didn't gave me the permission to share the video.
Motorsportrace
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Motorsportrace »

mattia2 wrote: 7 years ago I have 3 Separate 3 requests, i'm putting this together because i don'want to flood this section with three separate posts.
1- Recently i've read a comment on an italian Facebook page that said that exist another view of the fatal crash of Gilles Villeneuve. So, someone has realy seen this footage? In many years i didin't see or heard of another view of that crash, so it seems strange to me.

2- i'm looking for the Gustavo Sondermann fatal crash, i remember seeing is crash on youtube, but the footage seems to be disapperead. I hope someone still have this crash.

3- Someone telled me that he saw (like three years ago) the infamous crash of Pastor Maldonado at Monaco in 2005. Someone has this video? i'm trying to reach the guy who send the video on the internet, if i have any updates i will edit this post.

EDIT: i've founded the Maldonado Crash, but the capper didn't gave me the permission to share the video.
1 - I've recently heard it as well, but I think he's seen another crash, and got confused about it (it happened to me as well, with the crash of Luigi Musso/Peter Collins (who was actually the video of Gerry Ashmore at Monza in 1961)).

2 - This one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgkKYgmuFTs

3 - Well, we've shared a lot of things we shouldn't have. Maybe you can do that by PM?
Motorsportrace
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: Motogp and WSBK + everythin classic
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 98T
Favourite Driver: Kevin Schwantz
Favourite Circuit: VIR

Post by mattia2 »

1- Yeah, it's possible. I've thinked the same thing.

2- Thank you, it's what i've been looking for. I've noticed that i mispelled sondermann when i've searched the video on Youtube, that's why i didn't find anything.

3- i can send it to you, but you can't post it anywhere else.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

What's the Maldonado crash? I've never seen it. I assume it's the one that got him "banned".

The guy is a menace...

I mean...
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

MonteCristo wrote: 7 years ago What's the Maldonado crash? I've never seen it. I assume it's the one that got him "banned".
Correct. Maldonado crashed as a competitors car was being recovered by marshals under waved yellow flags, which resulted in a marshal breaking a leg.

I would like to see this video too, if you are happy with sharing via PM please?
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

Same here.

Didnt that crash actually result in Maldonado being banned from racing in Monaco? (Lifted/bought off later of course).

Pastor also used his car as a weapon in Monaco twice in F1, the first in practise on Perez in 2012, the second time a year later after putting Chilton in the wall and causing a red flag.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

I would like to see the clip too. Can you please share it with us @mattia2?

By the way - the crash at Zolder above isn't Pastor Maldonado, I don't think Maldonado was even involved.

The blue car is that of Stefano Proetto (below). The other drivers are Alex Danielsson and Colin Fleming.

Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
OrangeVelocity
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: NASCAR
Favourite Racing Car: Open Wheel cars
Favourite Driver: Dale Earnhardt Jr
Favourite Circuit: Talladega
Car(s) Currently Owned: 0 I'm 14 what you expect

Post by OrangeVelocity »

In that fatal crash he requested.there is actually a amateur view but it capture the aftermath and the car looks like it got crushed