1967 The F3 Tragedy in Mar Del Plata, Argentina

Post your requests for pictures, videos or documents here and we will find it for you!
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

1967 The F3 Tragedy in Mar Del Plata, Argentina

Post by Jesper Hvid »

An old crash pic linked to from here, which used to be in the forum section of a Spanish motorsport website that apparently no longer exists, or has changed so significantly, I cannot relocate it.

This was it, but there are possibly more, found in issue #2469 of El Gráfico, which is available on mercadolibre.
Jesper Hvid wrote:
Jesper Hvid wrote:Here is a thread containing action and crash pics from a F3 race in Argentina, in Mar del Plata, in 1967: http://www.thef1.com/foro/historia/view ... =accidente

Involved are amongst others Jürg Dubler and Rosadele Facetti. Scroll down to the magazine page thumbnails, to view all the available pics.
I probably still have these,
The second fatal accident occurred during the fifteenth lap of the race. While closely following Britain’s Charles Crichton-Stuart in a Brabham along a long downhill right-hander of the Calle Formosa, the car of Rosadele Facetti went out of control, crossed the minimal run-off area and ran over a group of spectators, killing two of them. At least ten others were injured. Rosadele Facetti sustained minor injuries. It was rumored that the accident was caused by brake failure.
http://motorsportmemorial.org/focus.php?db=ct&n=2625

The Facetti-crash may be the one mmorg describes.
Jesper Hvid wrote:There's a chance I still have everything found and linked to October 2004/thef1.com. I'll add this to the image recovery list.
Jesper Hvid wrote:http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA ... FromParent

Yeah, I recognize it, look at the fourth thumbnail from top, this is the one they had at the website thef1 - which appears to have gone, now.
I think the scans I found were not that good, as otherwise it would have been clear to me what I was in fact seeing in the pics. It didn't even suggest that there had been fatal accidents, so they cannot have been very good or clear.

So, I'll get the magazine, to end any doubt.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Beltoise gano en Mar del Plata-8pp

The article covers 8 pages.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

I managed to registarse, hopefully it works, unlike todocolleccion.

An Argentinian $ is 5p. The shipping costs will exceed the actual price of the merchandise.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

These are not the El Gráfico ones, as I haven't bought the magazine yet. They are the other ones I found, as mentioned above. Click to enlarge:

Top left: Jean-Pierre Beltoise, non-crash related image.

Top right: The aftermath of the collision between Juan Manuel Bordeu and John Cardwell.
mm.org wrote:Early in the day, while leading the second heat Juan Manuel Bordeu in a Brabham BT15 - Ford was hit from the rear by John Cardwell in Ron Harris’ Lotus 41 – Ford.
http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/formula2/F367_W2.htm <--- if Bordeu crashed in heat 2, he wouldn't have been in the final, so that's odd. He DNQ for it.

Bottom left and right: Jürg Dubler's aftermath (2), in the final.

Neither of these have anything to do with any of the fatalities that occurred.

It is clear that the one from El Gráfico is the same situation as the Bordeu/Cardwell, so we have 2 incidents of 2 pics each, both are crashes for the CPdB, if you like. Click to enlarge 1-2 and 4, and 3 is small:

ImageImage

ImageImage

I seem to remember seeing a video from this race, but it was completely without any incidents, at all. There must be something out there, so the search goes on, and topic stays where it is, for now.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

This was the video, it does show that other cameras were operating during the race, so unless they deliberately destroyed footage to avoid being blamed for anything, or the footage was suppressed/"mysteriously disappeared", there really must be something.