1962/1963 Pancho/Manuel Marchiano Fatal Aftermath TC

Post your requests for pictures, videos or documents here and we will find it for you!
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

1962/1963 Pancho/Manuel Marchiano Fatal Aftermath TC

Post by Jesper Hvid »

According to http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus ... =ct&n=7361 , Pancho Marchiano suffered a fatal accident in the 1962 TC race at Tres Arroyos. The entry is very short, source links lead nowhere, and I haven't been able to find anything about this, apart from:

*** Warning: fatal ***

http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/images/Benhuset/marchianofatalTC.jpg

*** Warning: fatal ***

From EL GRÁFICO #2277, 29 May 1963. This magazine, like the later Autosprint, did not have many scruples about showing material of this nature.

I would consider it very odd if someone of the same surname had a similar accident in the same series with only a year between. What I'm unable to work out is if the race and year's wrong on mmm.org, or if it was in fact a retrospective article. It should be the same accident, really, and someone's probably been using unrealiable sources. I wonder why the HistoriaTC website, which is excellent, does not even mention this accident. Well, maybe they do, but I can't find anything. I'll probably have to invest in all these damn magazines.

If you find info, or that exact page in a readable condition, please add.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

No idea if this site has any good rep, but this edition is for sale here for €6,90

http://www.todocoleccion.net/el-grafico ... ~x22499586
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Registered, but the confirmation email with the link to activate isn't coming.
Motorsportrace
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Motorsportrace »

One of them is still online thanks to the Wayback Machine:
http://web.archive.org/web/200805192107 ... 28489.html
Motorsportrace
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

Jesper Hvid wrote: I wonder why the HistoriaTC website, which is excellent, does not even mention this accident.
See when I saw this was a TC accident, I went and checked there also and as far as I can tell, this seems to be the case, which is rather odd. They don't list any Marchianos in the results of either the 1962 edition of this race, the 1961 edition or the 1960 edition.

I have a couple of suspicions regarding this:
1. It was in a support race for the TC and therefore they didn't mention it, or...

2. As you suggested, the date may also be wrong on Motorsport Memorial. (I also noticed that Turismo Carretera in the series column has asterisks beside it... do you have any idea what that might mean? I don't think they normally do that)

3. I had a further look on the HistoriaTC site and to further complicate things, there was a Manuel Marchiano who raced in the TC in 1968.

One idea at this point could be to get someone who can understand Spanish without having to resort to Google Translator to go to the HistoriaTC site and see if they know anything about this accident.

Other than that, I'm at a total loss as to this one. The article which Motorsportrace linked, if Google Translate is anything to go by, doesn't really tell us anything we don't know (it seems to be an interview with the guy who was his racing compañero - I wonder maybe if he was someone important), except for the fact that the "Auto Union" which Pancho crashed to his death in was a DKW.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Jesper Hvid wrote:Registered, but the confirmation email with the link to activate isn't coming.
Click Comprar to add it to your basket.

On the next page, select Tarjeta de crédito where it says: Forma de pago: Tarjeta de crédito / Otras

Click Comprar again.

Then bottom left, select Compra Express

This will allow you to buy the item without "registrarse".
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Ta, I v. much appreciate not having to registarse...
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

It's still not working.

I'm moving this to requests, as we cannot do a thing without the magazine.